Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I am also confused about both Guschin and Muhk. Quinn doesn’t like Labanc and Hoffman is terrible, play Guschin there? #freeGuschin

**is it possible they want to give Bystedt talent to play with so kept Guschin there?

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I am also confused about both Guschin and Muhk. Quinn doesn’t like Labanc and Hoffman is terrible, play Guschin there? #freeGuschin

**is it possible they want to give Bystedt talent to play with so kept Guschin there?
Guschin is still recovering from an injury, no?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don't really see what the point would be of calling up Gushchin or Mukhamadullin to play in these meaningless games vs. leaving them in the AHL.

Studnicka on the other hand is a pending RFA. We will need to make a decision on him this offseason.

I would like to see Cardwell get a game or two just as a reward for a great season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Post TDL, AHL allows only FOUR recalls to NHL. With Studinka recall, that's four.

To recall Gushkin or Muk, they'd have to not recall MacDonald (who I believe was told he'd be recalled after TDL), Bords, and Studs, etc.

(If there's an injury, it would have to be an emergency recall of there are no other healthy bodies.)

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Others like @Hobocop could speak better to this, but it seems like he hasn't fully rediscovered his mojo since returning from that injury.

Gushchin hasn't looked as explosive as he had been earlier in the year, but he has been piling up points as of late. 2 goals, 6 assists in his past 6 games.

Studnicka's an RFA, and they might want to see what we've got with him if anything. I go hot and cold on him. Sometimes he looks great, he's been driving hard with the puck at times as of late. Then minutes later he'll do something out there that makes you scratch your head.

There's a couple other AHL guys I'd like to see get some NHL time, especially since both the Sharks and the Cuda are not in the playoff conversation, but there's not really a ton of season left. I'm just going to hope they get a fair shake at NHL jobs out of training camp next season.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
The Barracuda college tryouts keep rolling in. Another new one on the wire, forward Luke Grainger out of Western Michigan.

Smaller forward, 48 points in 38 GP.

So on tryout out of college right now:
Forwards- Houle, Vanroboys and Grainger
Defenseman- Bucheler
Goalie- Carriere

Last edited:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
The Barracuda college tryouts keep rolling in. Another new one on the wire, forward Luke Grainger out of Western Michigan.

Smaller forward, 48 points in 38 GP.

So on tryout out of college right now:
Forwards- Houle, Vanroboys and Grainger
Defenseman- Bucheler
Goalie- Carriere

Any one know these guys/watch them play? Anything interesting here?

• Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Okay, so yet another tryout has been added. We are very busy on the wire today. That's six, which is how many we brought in last year.

This one is noteworthy because it's defenseman Mason Klee, brother of our 7th rounder in the '23 draft, David Klee.

Any one know these guys/watch them play? Anything interesting here?

I definitely haven't seen them in college, but to give people an idea, here are the six names we brought in on tryouts at the end of last season: Anthony Vincent, Roman Kinal, Nathan Burke, Chase Gresock, Ethan Frisch and Connor MacEachern.

We brought four of those guys back on AHL deals this season (Vincent, Kinal, Frisch, MacEachern), and out of them only Frisch and maybe Vincent played any kind of meaningful role for the Barracuda. The others mostly wound up in the ECHL. So, maybe we strike gold with someone here, but that's about the level of play I'm expecting from most of these guys.

I have liked what I've seen from Bucheler thus far, though.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Well, they're the right three guys. Gushchin's playing great hockey as of late (14 points in his last 10 games), Romanov's been playing out of his mind over his past few starts. Thompson's played well but he's also basically the only option we have if we wanted to recall a defenseman.

I thought we couldn't make any more recalls, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad