GDT: 2023-24 season game 82 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @7:30pm 4/18/24

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
It would be dumb to make that move at the start of a series when he could've played the hot hand before the playoffs started. Same with Todd. Talbot should get the first game and I hope hiller has the nads to start Rittich should Talbot be the reason for a loss in the playoffs.

The Kings kinda left Talbot hung out to dry but I didn't like the way he looked when he was beaten.

I would start Rittich in game one depending on the season series and historical W/L's against the Edmonton Penalty Lobbyists.
I just have a feeling .

I just looked, Rittich was in net for Hillers first game, a 4-0 victory over them.

That seals it for me Rittich game one , Talbot ready to replace if he gets lit up.

I’m glad QB hit his bonuses. He deserves it after being the only thing keeping this team interesting and watchable for a good chunk of the season. To hell with the cap next year, less space means less opportunity for Blake to tinker if he miraculously survives.

Ya , I hope @Sol sent him a case of beer.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don't think it's too unreasonable to think that QB probably had a lot of teammates the past 24-48 hours in his ear talking him up to be EXTRA aggresive and selfish to make his bonuses.....and that having a big impact on QB. He's still very young and impressionable. He's also very respectful of the game and his teammates. Tends to defer too much obviously -- giving too much to the vets, etc. I'm sure their words and encouragement gave him an extra boast and confidence level to be The Man and make things happen.

I hope he takes this and runs with it next year. We need him to be that Alfa Dog. That's the problem with this team still being the Kopi/DD vet run team. Young guys taking a backseat -- both in their actions and mind.

How about starting Monday instead?

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Pierre’s total salary this year, actual money, not cap hit, is $9M. He received $8M of that before a single game played as a King. By game 82, he earned 109,756.098 US$ per game. He scored 16g, 40pts.

Quinton Byfield is the definition of a bargain. Or he is until this July. At which point, Pierre is sucking up a bunch of money which he hasn’t earned. Yet has been gifted to him by Rob Blake. Hopefully Quinton doesn’t get screwed.

Byfield screwed himself with that 20 odd game offensive tail spin.

Hiller should have moved him off the Kopi line weeks ago,

Hiller and Co. still have it wrong.

PLD needs to go to Kopitars wing over Laferriere and Byfield 3c with Fiala and Laferriere.

Playing that talent on the 4th line is a fatal error.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Pierre’s total salary this year, actual money, not cap hit, is $9M. He received $8M of that before a single game played as a King. By game 82, he earned 109,756.098 US$ per game. He scored 16g, 40pts.

Quinton Byfield is the definition of a bargain. Or he is until this July. At which point, Pierre is sucking up a bunch of money which he hasn’t earned. Yet has been gifted to him by Rob Blake. Hopefully Quinton doesn’t get screwed.

Hope they don't insist on using Kempe's deal as a comparable.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Byfield screwed himself with that 20 odd game offensive tail spin.

Hiller should have moved him off the Kopi line weeks ago,

Hiller and Co. still have it wrong.

PLD needs to go to Kopitars wing over Laferriere and Byfield 3c with Fiala and Laferriere.

Playing that talent on the 4th line is a fatal error.
Byfield on the top line is one of the main reasons that line works regardless if his stat looks good or not.

The 4th line is exactly where PLD belong unfortunately.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Still feels like a square peg, round hole situation with Dubois at center. Byfield should be playing C at this point.

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Byfield - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

If Dubois can’t contribute with limited responsibilities alongside Kopitar and Kempe, buy him out in July.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Most likely BLuc and crew are back for next season and possibly a couple more. They will need to spend critical dollars to keep the boondoggle afloat in the summer once again. Similar to the past 3 offseasons.

So, to me, it’s clear they’ll put the most money after the shiny toy, and put the screws to QB because they can and it’s most expedient.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Byfield on the top line is one of the main reasons that line works regardless if his stat looks good or not.

The 4th line is exactly where PLD belong unfortunately.

QB looked terrible he was losing way over half the puck battles on Kopi's line.,.

I think he has hit the wall on that line

Even Laferriere looked better there for a few shifts.

They can carry practically anyone, PLD time , plus he can shoot and pass.

It's about rescuing Byfield.

QB was out with Danault and they communicated perfectly for a goal, last game,

QB needs a fresh change , there is no doubt.

The Coaching staff needs to shake things up its not good enough lately for the playoffs.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Quinton has played 1 good year and it shouldn't be comparable to Kempe deal? Its basically the same...and what of Arvidsson and Roy the Kings need to sign them too and then in 2025 Gavrikov so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad