GDT: 2023-24 season game 78 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/9/24

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Byfield isn't exactly playing a game that's conducive to high goal totals. He's playing a very well rounded conservative two-way game. He's not really in position to be the trigger man either.

When he does get a point, it's usually a very "direct" point. Rarely is it a coincidental.

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Plenty of empty seats at the Ponda last night. You’d think that Kings fans would show up in greater numbers with a playoff berth on the line. Guess it shows how low the ceiling is for this franchise overall.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Plenty of empty seats at the Ponda last night. You’d think that Kings fans would show up in greater numbers with a playoff berth on the line. Guess it shows how low the ceiling is for this franchise overall.

The Kings are an incredibly boring team to watch, boring stye, no individual players worth the price of admission.

Fans will come out to watch boring hockey if the team is putting banners up with it, but eventually you will hit a point where people just say they’d rather stay home and watch an above average team play 3-2 or 2-1 games than go see it in person, especially in the regular season.

That is why the angle some here use to defend the black hole “it’s a business” makes no sense, since deep playoff runs generate significant gate revenue, where as 2-3 extra 1st round games a year don’t. Or the belief that AEG is somehow pulling the strings and orchestrating the one-way trip to the black hole and Blake and Luc have no say in it.

The best way to turn significant gate profits is to make the investment in correctly building a team by putting yourself in the position to draft the type of game-changing players that not only do fans want to see, but that you eventually build your championship roster around.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Well if QB goes scoreless in the last 20 that cap number comes down significantly

2 years at 4.5 is fair
I'd be drawing up the contract now, and talk to his agent Mr. Croissant and tell em he has been bogging.
Let's give him something to buoy him into the playoffs and move him off Koitars line.
He ain't doing anything there.
Try him between Fiala and Laferriere.
Kopi and Kempi can babysit PLD and make sure he is still breathing after his defensive naps.
I think its his first season really getting off the leash and really running for the first time. I think he just got burnt out. I am not the one to make excuses but its a common thing with players. But nevertheless it definitely hurts his negotiating power with how invisible he's been for a long time.
You are dead on, it's the longest season of his career.

It's time to move him to C anyway.

He needs to adapt his game with more deception and giving away less clues about what he is going to try to do with the puck.

Get him off Kopi's line , now!
I think with Q it’s not that surprising. At the start of the season we were hoping he’d maybe be breaking out and by the coaching change he was our best forward for about a 2 month stretch. You could see he was taking that responsibility with his play and from interviews. He hasn’t yet had the chance physically to have completed a full season, then there is playing at an elite level (which he absolutely was) for a long stretch plus the mental/emotional toll of being such an important piece. He looks tired, if not slightly burnt out and it’s to be expected. Once we clinch there is a case for sitting him simply for a rest.

A case can be made to rest QB after a clinch but from a team perspective you gotta scratch the most knocked up, oldest players.

In any post clinch game, I would try to reinvigorate QB by throwing him on the 1st line center with Kempe and Fiala right out on faceoff.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
any discussion about minutes in relation to last game is pointless, hiller hard rolled 4 lines with no adjustments except for special teams and the last 5 minutes of the game. second pp unit never got a rep

which by the way doughty played ALL FIVE MINUTES WITHOUT LEAVING THE ICE FOR GOD'S SAKES JIM WHY

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I spent the day at Disneyland yesterday and can say that there were dozens of Kings jerseys around the park after 9. I assume there were a bunch of early departures from the Ponda.

But I definitely made the right choice.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
The team isn't fun to watch. I had better things to do that night too, didn't watch a second of the game. Looks like I made the right decision. And I'm a lifelong, obsessed Kings fan like the rest of you.

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The team isn't fun to watch. I had better things to do that night too, didn't watch a second of the game. Looks like I made the right decision. And I'm a lifelong, obsessed Kings fan like the rest of you.
According to management, all Kings fans and Pierre Luc get a pass for the first 82 games. Everyone needs to show up starting at game one of the playoffs.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
I popped in here and there. You missed probably the worst effort by the entire team in a long time. I feel bad for the Kings fans that paid for tickets.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
According to management, all Kings fans and Pierre Luc get a pass for the first 82 games. Everyone needs to show up starting at game one of the playoffs.

As broken as the team looks I will hold myself to that, I DID say the regular season doesn't matter and all that does is the playoffs

I didn't in a million years expect it to play out this stupidly and make the future look so, so dark BUT even if it's kind of a tongue-in-cheek statement it is semi true.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Were those better things

-ironing
-doing your taxes
-debating the proper meaning and spelling of Smörgåsbord
-listing to a presentation about NFTs
-cleaning out your bellybutton

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As broken as the team looks I will hold myself to that, I DID say the regular season doesn't matter and all that does is the playoffs

I didn't in a million years expect it to play out this stupidly and make the future look so, so dark BUT even if it's kind of a tongue-in-cheek statement it is semi true.
It’s supposed to be the A Team, but it’s the exact opposite. If Blake were George Peppard, he’d be saying he loves it when most of the shit stuck to the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad