GDT: 2023-24 season game 73 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 3/30/24

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This team was purposely built for late April. Management intentionally left zero flexibility because they knew in summer of 2023 that they had a deep team ready to make noise in the playoffs.

I doubt they expected tickets to be going for $25 a seat on the resale market in early April. Looks like ownership has to be repeatedly hit over the head with examples of incompetence before realizing there is a lack of talent in the front office, never mind on the ice.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Hey, look at me, I’m just like PLD in the kings. I didn’t show up for this game either.

Just watched the replay of the game. Pathetic.

There is just something in the locker room, no matter who the coach is, or what players we ice, this team just does not show up for games or play with any emotion

Reactions: tny760

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bcfjgc0hsf4xivjys47k

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Hey, look at me, I’m just like PLD in the kings. I didn’t show up for this game either.

Just watched the replay of the game. Pathetic.

There is just something in the locker room, no matter who the coach is, or what players we ice, this team just does not show up for games or play with any emotion

Yea, I get that....there's not a fiery player....you can say Doughty, but no...well maybe, but I don't think he's the one that will fire the troops up...he will yell and get pissed, but that's it, after that...who is the fiery emotional f*** in the room.....

Reactions: funky

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yea, I get that....there's not a fiery player....you can say Doughty, but no...well maybe, but I don't think he's the one that will fire the troops up...he will yell and get pissed, but that's it, after that...who is the fiery emotional f*** in the room.....
Kempe maybe? PLDs best games were the ones where someone went after him early in the first and it gets him engaged.
They just dont have the talent to overcome not playing with emotion this often.
Its hard to play a full season with it so no one will win them all but this is a big issue for the Kings.
I think it was Jordan Nolan in an interview admitting his biggest issue was getting into games. Hed want to throw a big hit or get hit or punched early on to get engaged.
Someone has to drag these guys into it if they even want to make it a series vs Edmonton.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Kempe maybe? PLDs best games were the ones where someone went after him early in the first and it gets him engaged.
They just dont have the talent to overcome not playing with emotion this often.
Its hard to play a full season with it so no one will win them all but this is a big issue for the Kings.
I think it was Jordan Nolan in an interview admitting his biggest issue was getting into games. Hed want to throw a big hit or get hit or punched early on to get engaged.
Someone has to drag these guys into it if they even want to make it a series vs Edmonton.

You need at least 2, preferably 3 wild fire players, ala Matt Greene I think was one, Not sure about Mitchell, led more by example I think, Richards was a wild fire etc....

Reactions: Schmooley

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
You need at least 2, preferably 3 wild fire players, ala Matt Greene I think was one, Not sure about Mitchell, led more by example I think, Richards was a wild fire etc....
I agree. Quick was real competitive. Williams was real competitive. Brown was throwing the body and that fired guys up. Stoll was a team guy that could rally the troops also. He took one for the team in a big way off the ice.
That team had more leaders than they did passengers. We were fortunate to witness it.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I agree. Quick was real competitive. Williams was real competitive. Brown was throwing the body and that fired guys up. Stoll was a team guy that could rally the troops also. He took one for the team in a big way off the ice.
That team had more leaders than they did passengers. We were fortunate to witness it.

Shame on me forgetting Quick...but yea big one there....Brown was more of a lead by example, and Williams for sure etc...

Kings are missing that piece.

Reactions: Schmooley

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Wish we had Hathaway. Picked him up for my fantasy hockey final. Already has 7 hits and 4 blocks in this game. May not score a lot but keeps the opposition on their toes and stands up for teammates. Lunch pail guy.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Not a long time fan? That's literally been the MO of the Kings absent 3 years.....and 1 year 30 years ago....
I mean, in the nearly 60 years this organization has existed, they’ve made it past the second round 4 times and three of those were in a row. So it’s usually a first round exit with the occasional miracle first round upset and second round exit. And pretty much always just squeaking in. They’ve won their division just once in team history.

• Wow
Reactions: Schrute farms

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Basically saying that the season has been entertaining and therefore, a success. It’s just a fundamental difference in what some fans want vs others. If you think the season has been entertaining, then no one will change your mind. Personally, I’ve had my fill of squeaking into the playoffs and being first round fodder to last me a lifetime. This season has hardly been entertaining, minus Byfield’s progression.
Being entertained by a non contender with zero progress (points wise) despite making a huge trade and being cap strapped to the gills seems like pre 2012 Kings fan type shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad