GDT: 2023-24 season game 70 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @7:30pm 3/23/24

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
PLD just comes across as so unlikable, that was such a rough post game with him. I can't imagine complaining about having to do a 3 minute chat with patty and stoll when you are being paid 8.5 to put up 33 points.

Wth you talking about , he sounded great he has been playing great.

Even admitted he's got more to give.

Lose the derangement syndrome.

Remember what Mc Dickvid did to Mikey A. last season?

Kings need to keep their heads up, watch their sixes and be yelling out warnings all game every game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He got asked a question that's very hard to answer without it seeming like he's an asshole. 'How do you like your game right now vs. before' I don't know how anyone can answer this. There's a lot that he could have said. There's no excuse for his defensive effort taking the season as a whole. None, period, nobody should make any. But if he was playing with other players he'd have scored more points, the Kings may have won more games. He's not on PP1 even though he's paid 8.5 million and he's tied third most PP goals on the team. So maybe there would be something to be gained by playing a player who doesn't play defense on PP1.

Now take into account that Dubois said none of that when he was asked that question. All things considered he doesn't play that much either but that's another subject. 15 minutes a game, 8.5 million, no PP1 time, maybe you're getting all that you're gonna get. I would be very surprised if anyone who was paid as much as him had less ice time than him. I think if you trade for someone you should put them in a better position to succeed. Yes he's been a bum many times this season, the team has to do something about that, did they do the right things? I don't know how to answer that.

I think crapping on him for that interview is just fishing for something.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
What happened?

For most of the interview he just came across as not personable during the interview and then made a comment about how that was his last time doing this for the year. I dunno, just came across as kind of obnoxious, especially after such a fun win. Might be just me though.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
PLD just comes across as so unlikable, that was such a rough post game with him. I can't imagine complaining about having to do a 3 minute chat with patty and stoll when you are being paid 8.5 to put up 33 points.

Oneil even stated that it's hard getting guys to do them because it's on the other side of the building and up 2 floors. It's a players thing, not a PLD thing. His interview was great, gave praise to Laf for putting the work in , wanting to get better and the other guys too, like Juice and Kopi. Pretty likable guy from that interview.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
For most of the interview he just came across as not personable during the interview and then made a comment about how that was his last time doing this for the year. I dunno, just came across as kind of obnoxious, especially after such a fun win. Might be just me though.
i thought stoll or patty offered the comment about him being done for the year and he was just playing along

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Oneil even stated that it's hard getting guys to do them because it's on the other side of the building and up 2 floors. It's a players thing, not a PLD thing. His interview was great, gave praise to Laf for putting the work in , wanting to get better and the other guys too, like Juice and Kopi. Pretty likable guy from that interview.

Fair enough, , I just don't think it should be such a big deal to participate with Stolly and Oneil for 3 minutes, it's kind of a part of the job. I was watching the post game and just thought it kind of sucked.

• Wow

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Stoll said - you're done for the year.. kidding around.. not PLD.. just watched it. Actually ONeil was a bit sarcastic saying things like oh you have more in the tank? thats a good thing.. sort of a backhand compliment

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not going to read too much into the PLD interview. He seems very soft-spoken and one thing I've heard is he's always been receptive to participating in interviews, even when criticisms were harsher.

Don't like how he's playing on the Kings, and not a fan of the trade, but this is a single interview after possible fatigue.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
GJaPuTrbkAAEmiJ

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Tampa didn't score a single goal at even strength.

1st goal Kucherov whiffs, which creates a broken play.

2nd goal came off a questionable call

3rd goal Lewis broke his stick effectively making it a 2-man advantage.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Stoll said - you're done for the year.. kidding around.. not PLD.. just watched it. Actually ONeil was a bit sarcastic saying things like oh you have more in the tank? thats a good thing.. sort of a backhand compliment

That was just my immediate response to the post game interview, maybe it was wrong. I just think that a guy who will be one of the highest paid players on the team for the next 8 years would be more amiable.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
68=asshole
When the players make fewer mistakes than officials we will be winning another cup.

Yep, officials always need to be better and I’d love to see them talk about why certain decision gets made now and then but we have to accept that things will get missed… or do we want every marginal call reviewed in Toronto. The answer to that is no because if you look at the absolute mess that is VAR in football (soccer) we should be moving away from video review.

Just my general view on the subject, not specifically directed at you @AbsentMojo.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
How far away are we from an eye-in-the-sky making all of the calls and simply communicating with a couple of guys in stripes to stop the play for whatever the eye-in-the-sky decides?

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Hmm how ?

LA wont be a wild card and Edmonton will probably not surpass Vancouver.

Possible home advantage which is slim too.
LA is only 2 points ahead of wildcard Vegas. Both have 12 games left. LA is only ahead by 1 in the first two tie breakers, regulation wins and non shootout wins. Vegas is ahead in overall wins, the third tie breaker. Third place has not been decided yet.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
LA is only 2 points ahead of wildcard Vegas. Both have 12 games left. LA is only ahead by 1 in the first two tie breakers, regulation wins and non shootout wins. Vegas is ahead in overall wins, the third tie breaker. Third place has not been decided yet.
yes, 🙌 you are right.

Missed Vegas.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
When the players make fewer mistakes than officials we will be winning another cup.

Yep, officials always need to be better and I’d love to see them talk about why certain decision gets made now and then but we have to accept that things will get missed… or do we want every marginal call reviewed in Toronto. The answer to that is no because if you look at the absolute mess that is VAR in football (soccer) we should be moving away from video review.

Just my general view on the subject, not specifically directed at you @AbsentMojo.
Got it, but on such a close EXCITING play where there is the ability of the other team's coach to have it reviewed why blow the whistle?

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That was just my immediate response to the post game interview, maybe it was wrong. I just think that a guy who will be one of the highest paid players on the team for the next 8 years would be more amiable.
He's been such an inspiration for scorn.. and then over time you just want to find a way not to rag on him anymore... thats where Im at with it. Its like you recalibrate your brain to look for something positive where there is nothing.. like noticing the difference between -2 and -1.

• Wow

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My only real compliant for the game is echoing @Sol , going back into the 1-3-1 was asking for it.

I understand erring on the side of defense but when youre kicking the shit out of possession sure, be prepared to adjust strategy, but until they do...dont. change. a. thing.

That was one of the first times we've really done that in the Hiller era so hopefully they learned from it.

Otherwise that was entertaining as hell and loved the physical pushback. And Gavrikov looking like Visnovsky in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad