Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Playoff matchups as of today. Sorted by P%

C1 WPG v. WC2 NSH
C2 DAL v. C3 COL

P1 VAN v. WC1 VGK
P2 EDM v. P3 LA

We're on track to play EDM again of course.

1709523468551.gif

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Playoff matchups as of today. Sorted by P%

C1 WPG v. WC2 NSH
C2 DAL v. C3 COL

P1 VAN v. WC1 VGK
P2 EDM v. P3 LA

We're on track to play EDM again of course.

I know our odds at making it past the first round are going to be slim, but for f-sake can we avoid the Oilers for a change. WC1 or 2 would be fine.

Reactions: Nasti

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I gotta say… to the naysayers.. Kevin Fiala reborn.

Truly one of the most talented forwards in the NHL. Now that the koala man is gone. Fiala is flying.

Reactions: Reaper45

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I gotta say… to the naysayers.. Kevin Fiala reborn.

Truly one of the most talented forwards in the NHL. Now that the koala man is gone. Fiala is flying.
Reborn?

He is making the exact same bonehead turnovers at both blue lines, forcing no-look passes across the zone once a shift, and still an extremely talented player with a ten cent brain. He got away with it today.

The points have never been the issue with him. His propensity to make horrific turnovers at in opportune times is his Achilles heel, and he is still doing it.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Reborn?

He is making the exact same bonehead turnovers at both blue lines, forcing no-look passes across the zone once a shift, and still an extremely talented player with a ten cent brain. He got away with it today.

The points have never been the issue with him. His propensity to make horrific turnovers at in opportune times is his Achilles heel, and he is still doing it.
Fiala giveth, Fiala taketh away.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Reborn?

Yup, he's still an Andreas Athanasiou time bomb waiting to go off

I don't know why it's met with so much resistance to call that out when you see it

Obviously he does much more good than bad--especially when on a beast streak like he's on now--and his issues aren't with effort/caring. He backchecks hard and right now he's generating chances thru defensive plays and I love that, and I hope he sees it and carries that with him forever. But I'll be damned if he doesn't make one absolutely attempt-to-lose-the-game self-destructive puck control play a game and it's not like he's just throwing a blind centering pass out of the corner and taking a bad bounce, it's skating the puck away from the opposing net and turning it over at the blueline, or throwing backhand hand grenades across our slot. These aren't fluke "well i'm glad he takes chances" plays, there's risk vs reward in every play and he has a high ratio of INCREDIBLY high risk vs. next to no real reward.

And again i say that all affectionately, he's got strong golden retreiver energy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Reborn?

Kings most talented forward who scores a ton of points and takes chances. Oh the horror. Give me a break with this defense crap. If anyone should be taking chances it should be the most talented player on the Kings. This whole bitching about defense is so mind numbing.

I’ll tell you what I want my most talented forward especially at wing taking chances. If I can’t have the team maybe try to cover for him since more often than not he’s a juggernaut alone, then that’s one dumb ass team. I for one am happy that we have a player who isn’t conforming to being a brain dead grinder. I don’t know if you guys like that so much then you must have loved the top line consisting of Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter. Those guys never made turnovers because they were never made it to the blueline.

Last edited:

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Kings most talented forward who scores a ton of points and takes chances. Oh the horror. Give me a break with this defense crap. If anyone should be taking chances it should be the most talented player on the Kings. This whole bitching about defense is so mind numbing.

I’ll tell you what I want my most talented forward especially at wing taking chances. If I can’t have the team maybe try to cover for him since more often than not he’s a juggernaut alone, then that’s one dumb ass team. I for one am happy that we have a player who isn’t conforming to being a brain dead grinder. I don’t know if you guys like that so much then you must have loved the top line consisting of Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter. Those guys never made turnovers because they were never made it to the blueline.
If that’s how you feel, then that is more than fine.

Let’s just not anoint the guy “reborn” when he is playing the same game he always has.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Shall we just wait and see vs. which team we play in April.

In January I already read the bracket of all playoff matches. Utter useless.

A lot of games left.

Reactions: funky

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Fiala:

fiala03042024.png

Those are his game impacts charted over the course of the season and smoothed out using moving averages.

I think it backs up the eye test. He had a huge dip in his play in January and February. But he's really been trending up and playing well lately.

I often criticize him, but he deserves credit for the way he's played recently.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Fiala:

View attachment 829149

Those are his game impacts charted over the course of the season and smoothed out using moving averages.

I think it backs up the eye test. He had a huge dip in his play in January and February. But he's really been trending up and playing well lately.

I often criticize him, but he deserves credit for the way he's played recently.
what is a moving average?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If that’s how you feel, then that is more than fine.

Let’s just not anoint the guy “reborn” when he is playing the same game he always has.
Is it really surprising? Hes not only been playing better but also other players are playing better as well since Todd was given the boot. Let’s not undermine the importance of Todd leaving. Even analysts last night mentioned how booting Todd has freed up players on the Kings. I said reborn because of a thread Fiala had before on nationals titled Kevin Fiala Reborn.

All I’m saying is that when it comes to the most talented player on the team then the team should do what they can to support his playstyle. Hes way too effective with the puck alone that he should get that treatment. And I know the whole Brock Faber crap has for some reason tainted some people on their views of Fiala as if he made the trade himself. Just think you guys should show some more appreciation to what we have because the Kings haven’t had a talent like this since Palffy.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

The man has a point.

Reactions: Sol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad