GDT: 2023-24 season game 53 LA Kings vs Pittsburgh Penguins @3:00pm 2/18/24

killermiller

Kings Fan
Feb 7, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Great defensive game tonight. Doughty, Gavrikov and Roy stood out for me, Talbot did a decent job in net despite a couple wild rebounds.

Kempe with a nice comeback third period after a rough first 40 minutes.

Turcotte looked good with his limited time, Kaliyev was kind of meh. I know his usage hasn't been ideal but neither has his play been.

Edit: Also props to Laf and Kopi. Laf was physical and Kopi was intercepting passes left and right.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I laughed and got just as pumped up as Drew did when he just skated the puck into the corner for the last four seconds :laugh:

Honestly, not the optimist when it comes to the Kings, but Todd era kings would still be in a black hole after a 7-0 loss like the one in Buffalo. Impressive that the Kings have made this road trip into a success like that. f*** you Todd.

Amen.

The mental fortitude they've displayed on this trip is impressive. Just sticking with it, not breaking. That was an incredibly strong game by Talbot too.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
4-1-0 in the Jim Hiller era.

1708310763239.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
We're back to having a winning record. 27W, 26L.

We're within striking distance of EDM and VGK. I doubt we'd catch EDM, but Vegas is possible.
Why not EDM? We are exactly one point behind them although they do have two games in hand. Having said that I would rather finish fourth and face VAN and let VGK and EDM duke it out in the first round.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Also worth mentioning that it seems like Byfield creates scoring chances every time he steps onto the ice. His play seems to be rather infectious, as Dubois now appears to be playing like he's engaged with what's happening on the ice.

QB is showing us why the organization valued him so much, and he's proving his critics wrong.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Also worth mentioning that it seems like Byfield creates scoring chances every time he steps onto the ice. His play seems to be rather infectious, as Dubois now appears to be playing like he's engaged with what's happening on the ice.

QB is showing us why the organization valued him so much, and he's proving his critics wrong.
Kid is still only 21 and is just getting started. He will be our Number 1 center once 11 hangs them up. He's been our best forward for the past few months now. So much fun to watch how he has turned it around. Once they put him with Kopi and Kempe last year he has been fantastic.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad