GDT: 2023-24 season game 30 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 12/23/23

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
thought it was just majors and hand passes leading to goals and stuff like that
Double minor high stick and majors are the only reviewable penalties I believe. The rule was made because it's one of the most commonly missed consequential calls in hockey

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Double minor high stick and majors are the only reviewable penalties I believe. The rule was made because it's one of the most commonly missed consequential calls in hockey
i see that in the rulebook now, but i would understand if either of the refs actually called the high stick to begin with, back ref waved his hand "play on" and the action ref only blew the whistle for blood, neither had their hand in the air

the rule seems to pretty clearly dictate that the review is for verifying their call or making sure that it's the penalized player's stick and not a teammate's.. there's no call made until a huddle so i don't like initiating the call from the huddle

we better be having a LOT of huddles if that's how we're initiating video review

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Gotta hit the sack. Really looking forward to waking up to Dubois’ 19 goal 3rd period.

It's not just the accuracy and power, but the dude is able to shoot mid-stickhandle or without giving a tell - goalies can't adequately set for it when they can't anticipate the release point.
Yup the quick hands and release are epic. Then of course you have some goon on the main board saying he’s just a product of the watered down nhl.

Reactions: King'sPawn

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
few things piss me off more than 5 players yelling HIGH

reminds me of soccer defensemen stopping their run to hold their hand in the air

Reactions: Jungle Boy

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Just weird the Kings aren’t getting any calls
i think the game's been fairly officiated, i don't like how that double minor was called but they're calling the obvious shit

right as i say that... HUGE leg whip by tanev in the o zone....................

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
wowwwwwwwwww we're calling that after letting the tanev leg whip go

LITERALLY GRABBED HIS STICK AND FELL DOWN

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad