2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Is there any chance mgmt saw ANA, SJS, CHI, and said lets wait a year - and tear it down a bit this offseason? There was never a chance we were finishing bottom 3.

I mean probably not, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Flyerfan4life

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Is there any chance mgmt saw ANA, SJS, CHI, and said lets wait a year - and tear it down a bit this offseason? There was never a chance we were finishing bottom 3.

I mean probably not, lol
For all the talk of how much they improved this year, they only ended up having 2 more wins than Arizona (6th worst). Remove a few pieces and this team certainly could be around top-5. Bottom-3 is a bit out of reach, but getting a quality pick isn't

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
For all the talk of how much they improved this year, they only ended up having 2 more wins than Arizona (6th worst). Removing a few pieces and this team certainly could be around top-5. Bottom-3 is a bit out of reach, but getting a quality pick isn't
Under Torts

22-23: 26th
23-24: 21st

Both seasons combined: 26th

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
TK and Laughton are the main two players that need to be traded this summer. I don’t think they should buyout Atkinson. We’re gonna suck next year anyway and he’d help with that.
"It's the 20/21 season, and the team chose to resign Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 21/22 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 22/23 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 23/24 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 24/25 season, I have a good feeling about the team trading Laughton this year."

For all the talk of how much they improved this year, they only ended up having 2 more wins than Arizona (6th worst). Removing a few pieces and this team certainly could be around top-5. Bottom-3 is a bit out of reach, but getting a quality pick isn't
3rd year in a row this team had less wins than Buffalo.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
You will admit tho. Even in selling off the assets they should have… it would have been extremely difficult to land anywhere near those shit stains for teams.

I think if they move on from Sanheim instead of re-signing him, moving Konecny, Laughton, being a little more forgiving with Couturier’s workload I think they could have brought themselves closer to the required level of picks the team needs.

Those were imo “gimme” moves they missed out on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"It's the 20/21 season, and the team chose to resign Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 21/22 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 22/23 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 23/24 season, and the team chose to hang on to Laughton instead of trade him"

"It's the 24/25 season, I have a good feeling about the team trading Laughton this year."

3rd year in a row this team had less wins than Buffalo.

"If they rebuild they could become Buffalo!"

They're already Buffalo. Seems like a good reason to rebuild.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Here's a bona fied bottom 5 team right here for next year, and if anything, it seems like a realistic, stay pay (ironic that they have Safe is Death on the wall in the offices) strategy (for the most part). Only really did two things, which is send Atkinson to the AHL and sign Martinook (mainly a two way guy with the possibility of 30 points). Also, signing Martinook feels like a true Torts move.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 124424.jpg

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
there are teams still playing regular season games? lol why do it feel like they didn't set up the schedule properly

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I liked this season. A lot of positives, a lot of meh, and a lot of wtf, which was unsurprising.

This offseason could go a number of ways.

Stay pat and make your picks, hoping you find a top level talent (#1D or C) that you have admitted you need?

Trade for someone you believe is/can be a #1C, like say Zegras?

Trade away some of your more/most valuable assets (TK in particular) to land a some better draft capital and high-level prospects?

All of the above? None of the above?

If last summer's theme was "clearing out deadweight and outcasts", then I hope this summer is a clear(er) indication of which path they're going to take moving forward.

Moves made with confidence and intention to pick one direction or another.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I liked this season. A lot of positives, a lot of meh, and a lot of wtf, which was unsurprising.

This offseason could go a number of ways.

Stay pat and make your picks, hoping you find a top level talent (#1D or C) that you have admitted you need?

Trade for someone you believe is/can be a #1C, like say Zegras?

Trade away some of your more/most valuable assets (TK in particular) to land a some better draft capital and high-level prospects?

All of the above? None of the above?

If last summer's theme was "clearing out deadweight and outcasts", then I hope this summer is a clear(er) indication of which path they're going to take moving forward.

Moves made with confidence and intention to pick one direction or another.

I think this season ended as a dud. It was clear to anyone that this team was a meddling/over performing team in a bad division. If Danny B's GM decisions are swayed by players who want Laughton to stay because they think they have a chance at the playoffs, that's a bad sign the GM isn't able to effectively analyze the situation and make some painful moves.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Here's a bona fied bottom 5 team right here for next year, and if anything, it seems like a realistic, stay pay (ironic that they have Safe is Death on the wall in the offices) strategy (for the most part). Only really did two things, which is send Atkinson to the AHL and sign Martinook (mainly a two way guy with the possibility of 30 points). Also, signing Martinook feels like a true Torts move.

View attachment 854499

Very generous of you to think Morgan Frost will still be on the roster next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad