2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
These are the discussions that drive me nuts. Dan Hilferty doesn't give a single shit about you or me. Not one. Neither does Keith Jones or Bob Clarke or Ron Hextall or Dave Hakstol or Val Camillo or the guy I can't be bothered to Google who retired who loved Bill Barber. They're all the same. It's time for people to grow up and stop being fans. We're back to that being a negative thing.
Dave Scott*

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That would be six years post draft. That’s definitely not in the CBA. Flyers would hold his rights until then if he went back to school next year.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Any news on signing Rizzo? If it’s not done soon should we expect him to be gone as a UFA?

There is a report out there that they’re trying to get and/or close to getting a contract done. The source is not the best, but also not the worst? I think? It’s DiMarco. Who knows.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost
2.1​
6.1​

Imagine telling the front office and coaches that Frost has provided $6MM value. There would be tears. Possibly one or two pairs of pants fresh with urine.

Sort of reinforces the idea signing a Couturier-like RFA contract could’ve proved beneficial. But I’m not sure the Flyers today (not last summer) would pay Frost $4MM.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I've never seen such a hesitant decision maker and a slow defenseman like Zamula be able to get so many shots on the net. Honestly out of the plugs flyers hired in development role they need to have him teach our d how to get the shots through.

• Wow

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
  1. Drafting ~12th in a “rebuild” year with Barkey and Bonk as their #2/3 most valuable prospects
  2. Rushed to trade their highest drafted prospect, with a ton of value, for a reclamation project who is 2 years older
  3. Refused to sell high on Laughton (again)
  4. Refused to sell high on Seeler (again), re-signed for 4 years
  5. Traded a 4th rounder for Johnson
  6. Only acquired one top 2 round pick in this year’s draft, while taking a value loss
  7. Named Couturier captain only to indulge a Torts ego trip to create drama
  8. Rocky Thompson returned to coach the worst PP in the league (could be back! Personnel issues!)
  9. Lappy still embarrassing himself in the AHL
  10. Brink split time with one of the worst forwards in the league in Atkinson
  11. Tippett re-signed for 8 years
  12. Frost scratched 11 games and is likely gone next season
  13. Their starting goalie will never play for them again

What was the purpose of this year? What will be the purpose of next year? I need to consult the Divine Comedy.

Well, "Pride" is the 1st tier. That sounds pretty close to what the Flyers are building. I feel better now.

xkegj0r7wsc51.jpg

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I've never seen such a hesitant decision maker and a slow defenseman like Zamula be able to get so many shots on the net. Honestly out of the plugs flyers hired in development role they need to have him teach our d how to get the shots through.

Weird with a name like yours…

Plus Johnson, and Staal, and Seeler

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Last season was actually better because they got Matvei out of it.

What was this season but a waste of time, even if they will try to convince otherwise.

• Wow

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
my guess is..unless they jump up in the lottery..they will be going defense in the first round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad