Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
DeBrusk walk, I'm fine. That being said, I think they might move him at the trade deadline (Hanifin would be nice, but I don't think it's possible due to bidding war to get him).

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Monty should stick JVR-Coyle -Frederic together and play third line

They seem to carry play every shift
That line is the tenth most productive offensive line in the NHL in regards to expected goals per 60.

They left DeBrusk walk, I'm fine. That being said, I think they might move him at the trade deadline (Hanifin would be nice, but I don't think it's possible due to bidding war to get him).
Rumor mill is saying teams know that Hanifin wants to play for the Bruins so any return may not be what Calgary expects. He's right there for the taking for Boston.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I would like to see these lines after the holiday break:

Zacha - Geekie/Merkulov - Pastrnak
Marchand - Merkulov/Geekie - DeBrusk/Heinen
JVR - Coyle - Frederic
Lauko - Beecher - Heinen/DeBrusk
Steen

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Rumor mill is saying teams know that Hanifin wants to play for the Bruins so any return may not be what Calgary expects. He's right there for the taking for Boston.

If that's the case, you play hard ball. Kind of like how Taylor Hall only wanted to be traded to certain teams. You are in the driver's seat.

Reactions: Absurdity and Ratty

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That line is the tenth most productive offensive line in the NHL in regards to expected goals per 60.
Wow - crazy

Monty could go

Heinen - Zacha- Pastrnak

Marchand- Geekie - DeBrusk

JVR - Coyle- Frederic

Still has Poitras coming back and Merkulov tearing it up in Providence

Both are best as centers

Lindholm from Calgary could slide between 63 & 74 and see if gets DeBrusk going

Gotta think Sweeney looks hard to make a move after break

Reactions: Absurdity

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Wow - crazy

Monty could go

Heinen - Zacha- Pastrnak

Marchand- Geekie - DeBrusk

JVR - Coyle- Frederic

Still has Poitras coming back and Merkulov tearing it up in Providence

Both are best as centers

Lindholm from Calgary could slide between 63 & 74 and see if gets DeBrusk going

Gotta think Sweeney looks hard to make a move after break
I think if you do end up going and getting Lindholm you do:

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
JVR - Poitras - Geekie
Lauko - Beecher -Steen

I think 2025/26 1st, Lysell and Frederic would be part of the trade to get Lindholm with retention. Its a pretty close comp to the Raty/Beau trade for Horvat

With Hanifin, If the industry expectation is that he walks to Boston and no one will trade for him than its a Hall situation all over again. Gryz to even the money and a throw in (Mitchell or some AHL tweener). They will trade him for something rather than let him walk.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
JVR - Poitras - Geekie
Lauko - Beecher -Steen

I think 2025/26 1st, Lysell and Frederic would be part of the trade to get Lindholm with retention. Its a pretty close comp to the Raty/Beau trade for Horvat

With Hanifin, If the industry expectation is that he walks to Boston and no one will trade for him than its a Hall situation all over again. Gryz to even the money and a throw in (Mitchell or some AHL tweener). They will trade him for something rather than let him walk.
I like your thinking here - Calgary though can get a 1 easy just trading to Florida I bet - they gave up a first and Tippet (who’s pretty good I’d love here) for a rental in Giroux

Sweeney can’t blow off year with this type of goaltending and Marchand age

Any first round pick where Bruins draft historically 3-5 years away - F them

Buffalo has a first round picks all over the place and 13 years no playoffs

Sweeney should pay a first for Hanifin and a prospect not named Poitras or Lohrei

To me (and I certainly been wrong 20% here = about 15,000 shitty opinions minimum) they get Hanifin they are top 2-3 overall

Get just Lindholm likely same

Get both they are as good as last season

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
JVR - Poitras - Geekie
Lauko - Beecher -Steen

It's not a Hall situation though, he had a full NMC in Buffalo. Hanifin only has an 8 team NTC, I'd bet that contenders will trade a 1st+ for him even as a pure rental.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Debrusk and Lysell to Nashville for Trenin and Lauzon
Grzelyck waived or traded for a pick
Ullmark and Steen for McLeod, Lavoie, Campbell at 50%, and a 1st.

A few more guys to help us be the hammer instead of the nail. Probably not great, but I’m not really good at proposal stuff anyway. Figured Campbell added to get the first, Edmonton saves 1.3 in cap getting rid of him, and we could bury him at half without a big penalty. Ullmark probably wouldn’t waive anyway

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
Freddy-Coyle-JVR
Trenin-McLeod-Geekie
Heinen-Beecher-Lauko
Lavoie

Lindholm-Mac
Lauzon-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi/Campbell
Yeah your right, you are not really good at proposals.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you ready to pay the cost of the ticket for him, and live with his contract later............I'm not
Yeh I’m with you - love the guy but 8-9 M at his age I can’t do

Hanifin I pay

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I like your thinking here - Calgary though can get a 1 easy just trading to Florida I bet - they gave up a first and Tippet (who’s pretty good I’d love here) for a rental in Giroux

Sweeney can’t blow off year with this type of goaltending and Marchand age

Any first round pick where Bruins draft historically 3-5 years away - F them

Buffalo has a first round picks all over the place and 13 years no playoffs

Sweeney should pay a first for Hanifin and a prospect not named Poitras or Lohrei

To me (and I certainly been wrong 20% here = about 15,000 shitty opinions minimum) they get Hanifin they are top 2-3 overall

Get just Lindholm likely same

Get both they are as good as last season
The Bruins do need a #1 center ( I just don't have confidence in the way the team is currently constructed) and Hanifin would be a smart add. Deep down the middle and solid on D. I wish acquiring were as easy as thinking about it. Unfortunately I think Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, a #1, and other change may have to go the other way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeh I’m with you - love the guy but 8-9 M at his age I can’t do

Hanifin I pay
I understand the urge for Hanifan and you are not wrong, but I think you wait for him,because I think he is yours anyways. What I like too see them do is at least make an effort for Chychrun and Taresenko, let me give you my reasoning, like I said I think in time you get Hanifan anyways, Tarasenko would help the goal scoring you need now, and if you cannot resign him so be it, Chychrun has this year and next left on his pretty affordable contract, if cannot be resigned, trade him at next years deadline, defenseman at deadlines hold value. Now what do yo give not sure yet, but a start with Lysell, must be considered.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins do need a #1 center ( I just don't have confidence in the way the team is currently constructed) and Hanifin would be a smart add. Deep down the middle and solid on D. I wish acquiring were as easy as thinking about it. Unfortunately I think Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, a #1, and other change may have to go the other way.
I’m Dealer Donny I would offer Lysell and a first for Hanifin if I get him signed

Not even sure Calgary gets it

Two things massively are in play here - does Hanifin want to play for Boston which seems a yes, and his partial no trade killing all sorts of teams should he use it as a weapon

Give me Hanifin asap and then do the forward

As for DeBrusk my source says the Bruins really like him - off and on ice but he’s not scoring and you can’t pay like you love him

Doubtful he’s traded they like to much and wait to see if and when he gets hot

They would be thrilled if he got his 25 goals every season at a consistent rate the way a guy like Dave Christian used to

However they will figure him out later likely

Their left side D is playing poorly and Hanifin is the target would seem

Reactions: Alan Ryan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So where is the cap space for a TDL deal for Hanifin, or Lindholm? They are in LTIR overage now, so not accruing, and when Forbort returns, they are back to basically the limit Sending Lysell won't matter to that. They'll need to move out nearly equivalent salary to fit one of those guys in. Is there a calculation I am missing here?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins need to stop throwing away draft picks, The organization is in a desperate need of talent.

Im trading one of the goalies for the biggest package of combo of picks and maybe a high end prospect.

I would not be shocked if we lose more than we win after the holidays, This team is in trouble and looks lost on the ice.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins need to stop throwing away draft picks, The organization is in a desperate need of talent.

Im trading one of the goalies for the biggest package of combo of picks and maybe a high end prospect.

I would not be shocked if we lose more than we win after the holidays, This team is in trouble and looks lost on the ice.
I must admit, I am concerned. A shake up might be called for.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Do even the most ardent Grczelyk lovers think he still has value? With his contract and play this year I cannot see anyone wanting him. If he was waived I can't even see anyone claiming him with his cap hit and UFA status.

JDB last 4 years, 10 goal pace, 27 goal pace, 30 goal pace and 10 again this year. There is no way I am committing more than 4 million on a one or two year deal with his inconsistency. I would move him for a Jake Middleton or similar D and pick up a Kunin or Cole Smith for a bottom 6 spot to replace him.

I have no idea how you fix the center spot this year, Coyle has been what I expected in the last month and Zacha has been disappointing.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

The team looking lost is on the coach, at least to me. If that is the case fire Monty and promote Kelly for the rest of the year.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Do even the most ardent Grczelyk lovers think he still has value? With his contract and play this year I cannot see anyone wanting him. If he was waived I can't even see anyone claiming him with his cap hit and UFA status.

JDB last 4 years, 10 goal pace, 27 goal pace, 30 goal pace and 10 again this year. There is no way I am committing more than 4 million on a one or two year deal with his inconsistency. I would move him for a Jake Middleton or similar D and pick up a Kunin or Cole Smith for a bottom 6 spot to replace him.

I have no idea how you fix the center spot this year, Coyle has been what I expected in the last month and Zacha has been disappointing.
I was a big JBD defender not anymore, its time he goes for a pick.

Anyone how thought Coyle was going to be good playing over his head was kidding themselves.

Two three stretches sure, move than that? you have a weak roster if he is.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
It's not a Hall situation though, he had a full NMC in Buffalo. Hanifin only has an 8 team NTC, I'd bet that contenders will trade a 1st+ for him even as a pure rental.
he can use that to pick 7 teams that cant fit him or wouldn't want him and Boston.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
he can use that to pick 7 teams that cant fit him or wouldn't want him and Boston.
Yeah no, he has an 8 team NO trade list, meaning he submits a list of 8 teams that he can't get traded to, and then it's open season for the other 24. There is no realistic chance of trading for Hanifin at this deadline without giving up either a first or one of Lysell/Lohrei.

Ben Chiarot, David Savard, and Orlov have all gone for 1 rounders as pure rentals in the last 3-4 seasons, Hanifin will get at least that as a starting point.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah no, he has an 8 team NO trade list, meaning he submits a list of 8 teams that he can't get traded to, and then it's open season for the other 24. There is no realistic chance of trading for Hanifin at this deadline without giving up either a first or one of Lysell/Lohrei.

Ben Chiarot, David Savard, and Orlov have all gone for 1 rounders as pure rentals in the last 3-4 seasons, Hanifin will get at least that as a starting point.
hopefully he’s got Toronto Florida Dallas Islanders Tampa on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad