2023-24 Rockford Icehogs season

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Phillips Sanford and Crevier papered transactions to Rockford to be eligible for their playoffs
I wonder if they still have the rule where all three have to drive down ninety and physically report to Rockford. I remember Skille was putting a ton of mileage on his truck because we were that tight to the cap and a couple extra days not on the NHL roster added up.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I wonder if they still have the rule where all three have to drive down ninety and physically report to Rockford. I remember Skille was putting a ton of mileage on his truck because we were that tight to the cap and a couple extra days not on the NHL roster added up.
I don’t think they have that anymore. Ben pope pretty much reported it as a paper transaction.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Adding Zach Sanford to the mix, possibly our three CHLers(Ludwinski, Hayes and Savoie) and again possibly some of our NCAA prospects(Slaggert, although I think he’ll be strictly NHL)….our boys look good in Rockford

Attachments

• F472A4B8-D962-4336-B24B-989AB4BB6F96.png
    F472A4B8-D962-4336-B24B-989AB4BB6F96.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 5

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Adding Zach Sanford to the mix, possibly our three CHLers(Ludwinski, Hayes and Savoie) and again possibly some of our NCAA prospects(Slaggert, although I think he’ll be strictly NHL)….our boys look good in Rockford
Slaggert will not be in Rockford if he signs his elc

Reactions: Giovi

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I was at the game last night and the first period (4-0) was an ass kicking to the point that the rest of the game was -meh. With the big team relatively healthy (even if bad), Rockford looks very formidable with the addition of Pitlick and Reichel with Phillips and Crevier as their 'bottom pair' and could make a deep playoff run which would be great for the development of guys like EDM, Allan, Kaiser, Dach, Reichel, (Slaggert, Nazar?).

Here were my thoughts on the game:

Looked good
Kaiser - Looks smooth, steady, and in control of the game. Not really sure how he projects to the NHL but maybe like a puck moving type on your bottom pair and a 2nd PP QB on a good team? I wish I'm wrong but he doesn't seem dynamic or big enough to project any higher. Think like a slower but more responsible Nick Leddy.

Reichel - Every time he was on the ice, I was holding my breath as it seemed like he was about to do something special. I'm not sure why he couldn't get anything going with Chicago but he was definitely playing with drive and confidence that was not showing with the Blackhawks. I still see a top 6 winger in there and if the Chicago roster comes back next year with more talent, I'd be more surprised if he doesn't bounce back next year than if he does. Part of me hopes that he gets some time with Athanasiou at the end of this season to rediscover that spark they had last year but I'd also be happy to see him try to lead the Icehogs on a deep playoff run.

EDM - Another big and steady presence. He was patient with the puck and often made the right play with it. He's a little choppy out there but can still move decently. I really like him as a shut down guy on a second pair with enough skill for 30 pts a season which would be very valuable to a good team.

Allan - I barely noticed him but I think that's a good thing considering his game is defensively based. I wish I had more to say but that's all I got. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being a middle pair defenseman in the NHL.

Pitlick - The dude has some hands. Not sure why he couldn't do anything in the NHL but he was fun to watch at the Allstate Arena.

Phillips - Very active on the rush but I think he's had more than enough chances to do anything with the Blackhawks. I'd be surprised if he's back in the organization next year.

Jackson Cates - I don't know who this guy is or where he came from but he was all over the place. I looked at his hockeydb page and if he were to be an NHL regular, he probably would be by now but the dude was everywhere

Meh
Gust/Guttman/Seney - As far as I'm concerned, they're all the same 5'9 guy and represent the AHL journeymen that can make a career producing down there without being big or skilled enough to produce a league higher

Crevier - He's fine but I wish he played meaner. His contract is up this year and I'd be ok if they signed him as Rockford/depth to see if he becomes anything but it would be interesting if any other teams give him a shot. I guess the same could be said of Phillips

Dach - It was his first game back from 2 weeks off and it took him a period to get acclimated. I see a guy who's big and nasty with enough skill to be the 3rd guy on a scoring line like a Ladd/Brouwer/Bickell type if he can stay healthy. I don't even know how but he sure got in the heads of the Wolves players last night as they wouldn't leave him alone. He ended up not doing much in the game but I'm excited to see more

Commesso - Not his fault but didn't get many opportunities to show much. He did make a couple of good saves but misplayed the puck on the goal scored against him. It was like a half dump in/shot on goal that he should have come out to play but he hesitated and then the Wolves player got there and got the puck past him. He could be an NHL goalie but I didn't see enough one way or the other

Teply/Saarela/Luypen - I forgot they were out there until I checked the box score this morning

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Big couple of mid-week games against Texas. If they do well they can move to third in the division. That’s important because it avoids a play-in round match, and avoids Milwaukee in the divisional semifinals.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7993.jpeg
IMG_7994.jpeg

G) Pitlick, Rolston, Dach, Luypen

A) Seney, Del Mastro twice, Hardman, Kindopp, Gust, Allan

Big to have Hardman back

Hogs and stars again tomorrow

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They nearly blew it, it was 4-1 with an empty netter and Texas scored twice late including a shorthanded goal and then a powerplay (6 on 4) goal. 7 straight wins for Rockford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad