Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He would have to hit the weights and food hard this offseason. He needs at least 10+ pounds this offseason. Even then I don’t think we would waste a development year on 10 minutes of ice time
He got pushed around and shut down at times all season long, despite the points he still put up. Shows how talented he and his brother are, but also that he needs that strength. There should be no rush.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He got pushed around and shut down at times all season long, despite the points he still put up. Shows how talented he and his brother are, but also that he needs that strength. There should be no rush.
That cornell game especially should demonstrate that he needs to learn to play against a big, physical forechecking team before getting a nhl shot.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
They are about 98% confident in Josh returning for at least one more year. Having caught a couple UMaine games this year it’s extremely evident how small he is compared to Bradley. There’s a good two/three inch difference. Not going to rule him out having a good pro career but I’d imagine he’ll be in Europe before long.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
They are about 98% confident in Josh returning for at least one more year. Having caught a couple UMaine games this year it’s extremely evident how small he is compared to Bradley. There’s a good two/three inch difference. Not going to rule him out having a good pro career but I’d imagine he’ll be in Europe before long.
I feel like both brothers would move together, no? The likeliest outcome is both of them are still at Maine next year.

I think there's a less than 10% chance that Bradley would make the NHL squad next year. More confidence, more weight straining, more playing time, would all go a long way. I'd rather get a rookie Nadeau at age 21, 22 who is ready for the show than filling him in for cap reasons. We can always find a league min guy who will play the game right for Rod's system for the bottom lines.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I feel like both brothers would move together, no? The likeliest outcome is both of them are still at Maine next year.

I think there's a less than 10% chance that Bradley would make the NHL squad next year. More confidence, more weight straining, more playing time, would all go a long way. I'd rather get a rookie Nadeau at age 21, 22 who is ready for the show than filling him in for cap reasons. We can always find a league min guy who will play the game right for Rod's system for the bottom lines.
I doubt the brothers move on at the same time. Maybe Josh ends up in Carolina's system eventually but the staff (and Josh to an extent) agree that he really needs to add some mass in order to play at the next level.

A big reason they ended up at Maine was their parents wanting them to play close to home (they're from a small town right over the boarder in Canada). Around mid-season I started asking around and most people were saying Bradley would stay for 2 years and Josh for at least 3, maybe 4. I think what changed was Carolina putting 975k in Bradley's face.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I doubt the brothers move on at the same time. Maybe Josh ends up in Carolina's system eventually but the staff (and Josh to an extent) agree that he really needs to add some mass in order to play at the next level.

A big reason they ended up at Maine was their parents wanting them to play close to home (they're from a small town right over the boarder in Canada). Around mid-season I started asking around and most people were saying Bradley would stay for 2 years and Josh for at least 3, maybe 4. I think what changed was Carolina putting 975k in Bradley's face.
Gotcha. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Most of us here are idiots who haven't watched a single prospect game. We really appreciate any information and commentary.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Coming to America?

I posted this back in mid March:

Per a main board poster. He thinks Gleb is coming to the AHL next season.

"To me he's doing ok, he's about where he should be. It looks like he's going to go to NA so they sent him to MHL, the same situation as with Demidov, but Demidov is signed for another year, and Trikozov's contract is over in 1.5 months. I think he'll play in the AHL next season, and it's going to be a good test for him."

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Suzuki if healthy should be on the team
what has anyone seen in him in the AHL to think he should be in the NHL? His injuries, especially the eye, have been very unfortunate but in my view they've completely derailed his career and he won't ever be a productive NHL player.

Blake is not a 24-25 solution at forward. We're more likely to see any of the following at forward in Raleigh next year than Blake:

Suzuki
Unger Sorum
DeAngelo
There is a chance, albeit slight, that Blake could show out in camp and basically take Noesen's slot in the bottom 6. I think FUS makes the team next year though, he honestly almost did this year...

Reactions: Chan790

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1