2023/24 OUA Thread

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I saw on Xwitter someone reference if he would play against UNB this weekend.
I wish haha, I’ve always really liked him as a player , injury last year screwed him development wise , I always thought he would develop into a Team Canada best on best (which I’m starting to doubt ever happens anyways) calibre d-man.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
My initial thought was "How can anyone on Xwitter even contemplate Drysdale playing for TMU?"

I doubt he's going to school there and has played 89 NHL games the past 2 seasons.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
My initial thought was "How can anyone on Xwitter even contemplate Drysdale playing for TMU?"

I doubt he's going to school there and has played 89 NHL games the past 2 seasons.
I think I saw the same tweet. The person who uses this forum to report on USports… I know this for a fact because a year and a half ago I posted an incorrect recruit (I’d been given some bad info so unless we had the same bad source) and they reported it the same week .

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I think I saw the same tweet. The person who uses this forum to report on USports… I know this for a fact because a year and a half ago I posted an incorrect recruit (I’d been given some bad info so unless we had the same bad source) and they reported it the same week .
Kinda like " Ross, Hallsey and Critch are going to play some games with UNB because they were on the ice with the boys."

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Kinda like " Ross, Hallsey and Critch are going to play some games with UNB because they were on the ice with the boys."
A handful of years ago Jake Allen , Eric Nielson and Zach Phillips would skate with UNB for the first week of training camp. Jake Allen played an inter squad scrimmage in I think 2019 and he really made me appreciate how good an NHL goalie is.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
A handful of years ago Jake Allen , Eric Nielson and Zach Phillips would skate with UNB for the first week of training camp. Jake Allen played an inter squad scrimmage in I think 2019 and he really made me appreciate how good an NHL goalie is.
I've had the good fortune to be at a couple of NHL camps back in the day. It's amazing the difference between the NHL guys and the AHL guys.

Reactions: dm8895

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I saw the tweet being referenced and I didn’t take it as anything more than an obvious joke.
You could be right, but I've seen a few "obvious" blunders by this person when posting about CIS hockey.
The person in question is a hard worker and has accomplished a lot in a few years, but has also made a few boners over that time.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
To combine info and rumors from other threads, a quick summary of the OUA's schedule and structure changes for men's hockey this year:

- Nipissing has moved to the West division, while York has moved to the East.

- the west (10 teams) will now have a 6-7 play-in game for the final playoff spot. The east will remain at 6 teams for the playoffs.

- the schedule is back to 28 games (was 27), and the interdivision schedule has returned.

- The base schedule for the West teams: two games against each west team (three against one "natural"/geographic rival), for a total of 19 Intradivision games, plus one game against each of the 9 east teams. (Three-game natural rival pairs: WAT-WLU, WSR-WES, NIP-LAK, GUE-BRO, and TOR-TMU).

- the east schedule varies depending on geography. Each east team will play 18 games within the division - at least 2 against every other team, but as many as four. It looks like the east has been broken into travel-centric pairings, where RMC-QUE, OTT-CAR, and OT-YOR will each play 4 games against one another, while the Quebec teams will face each other three times apiece. Again, one game per team in the West division.

Reactions: Rob and AUS Fan

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Just saw the tweet about her , I remember seeing she had done an AHL game. Anthony Mantha’s sister

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
There are a bunch of girls Refereeing MHL/Jr.A (as well as AUSW); Jillian Purcell, Meghan Mallett, Vanessa MacMullin and Alyssa Best. I hadn't heard of any female lining yet - that's new.
I think I’m mis remembering , I’ve seen the same girl do a bunch of games in Freddy at different higher male levels but I wanted to say she was doing the lines for the Wings but I think now that you say it she was reffing

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Watched most of Queen’s vs Carleton tonight. The Gaels have won eight straight including the pre-season. They might be contenders to win the OUA East this season. Along with Concordia.

Couple of exhibition games for OUA teams in the NCAA.

Princeton 4 UofT 2
Cornell 6 TMU 1

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
Watched most of Queen’s vs Carleton tonight. The Gaels have won eight straight including the pre-season. They might be contenders to win the OUA East this season. Along with Concordia.

Couple of exhibition games for OUA teams in the NCAA.

Princeton 4 UofT 2
Cornell 6 TMU 1

9 straight. Glad you tuned in. I was the fill in PBP guy tonight and was having MAJOR technical difficulties with my computer doing the video coaching.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad