2023/24 OUA Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
TMU with a 4-1 win over Laurier. MCG over CON 6-4.

BRK-WSR go tonight in game 1.

BRK with a 6-1 win over WSR. Attendance 304, family and friends.

According to the box score, WSR had 9 shots in the 1st and none in the 2nd and 3rd. BRK had 19 in the 1st and 1 in the 2nd.
Methinks someone was not keeping up

Last edited:

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
The biggest upset of any USports playoff series happened in the OUA East division on the women's side - top seed Nipissing got swept by York. The Lakers were 22-4-2 (62 pts), while he Lions were 9-17-2 (28 pts). York was 2-1-1 against NIP in the regular season, and won a 1-0 (OT) in game 1 before a 6-1 victory in game two (in which a desperate NIP team pulled their goalie on a second-period PP).

Anyone recall an upset with this big of a disparity in wins?

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The biggest upset of any USports playoff series happened in the OUA East division - top seed Nipissing got swept by York. The Lakers were 22-4-2 (62 pts), while he Lions were 9-17-2 (28 pts). York was 2-1-1 against NIP in the regular season, and won a 1-0 (OT) in game 1 before a 6-1 victory in game two (in which a desperate NIP team pulled their goalie on a second-period PP).

Anyone recall an upset with this big of a disparity in wins?
2010 UNB (27-1-0) vs. St. FX (11-12-5)
2020 Alberta (23-5-0) vs. UBC (9-14-5)

Last edited:

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
2010 UNB (27-1-0) vs. St. FX (11-12-5)
2020 Alberta (23-5-0) vs. UBC (9-14-5)

Ah yes, the legendary StFX "3-2" series... where all the games ended up 3-2 in favour of StFX and they couldn't manage to do anything on the ice, except score... especially in game #2 where they got a grand total of 6 shots on goal.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Ah yes, the legendary StFX "3-2" series... where all the games ended up 3-2 in favour of StFX and they couldn't manage to do anything on the ice, except score... especially in game #2 where they got a grand total of 6 shots on goal.
We prefer to not remember that season end. Like it didn't happen.

Reactions: timbitca

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Weird game in Trois-Rivieres. Pats jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, as McGill gave up odd man rushes. McGill calls timeout and sells down. Third period UQTR is sitting back on their lead, letting Redbirds carry the play. McGill chips away. One even strength goal, and then 2 for 2 on the powerplay. UQTR was only sending one forechecker most of the period. They wake up after the game is tied, but McGill is controlling play. With 45 seconds to go McGill scores through a screen to take their first lead, and then adds a empty netter. So I guess a three-goal lead is the worst lead? ;)

Should mention that is was standing room only crowd at the Colisee. I didn't hear the attendance, but I believe they said it was a record crowd.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Weird game in Trois-Rivieres. Pats jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, as McGill gave up odd man rushes. McGill calls timeout and sells down. Third period UQTR is sitting back on their lead, letting Redbirds carry the play. McGill chips away. One even strength goal, and then 2 for 2 on the powerplay. UQTR was only sending one forechecker most of the period. They wake up after the game is tied, but McGill is controlling play. With 45 seconds to go McGill scores through a screen to take their first lead, and then adds a empty netter. So I guess a three-goal lead is the worst lead? ;)

Should mention that is was standing room only crowd at the Colisee. I didn't hear the attendance, but I believe they said it was a record crowd.
crowd was listed as 3,035 at UQTR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad