GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Ah yes, playoffs in Dallas where the camera + fans standing means you can't see a chunk of the ice. Brings me fond memories of Nabby robbing Richards only to lose later that game

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
This might be the least understandable, most uninspired hockey I've seen LA play since 2010...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The more I read about Vegas's cap shenanigans, the more my jaw drops. They are outright lying about injuries...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
McJesus has 5 assists, and I bet on him to score
giphy.gif

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I was blown away by what LA gave up to get him (mainly Vilardi)
Vilardi is injury-prone but that deal was still crazy. The Kings added Iafallo, Kupari, and a 2nd rd pick. I guess it's the world correcting itself for the Kings getting Richards, Carter, Gaborik to win the Cup all those years back. God I hate the Kings haha

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I argue that Mark Stones back is so messed up that they can just LTIR him whenever they want and it would be valid
I mean now they have both Stone and Hertl to use as a LTIR weapons, it's going to be fun couple of years ahead... I just hope they fully blow this series somehow. As much as I liked Hertl, I will never like Vegas winning.

Reactions: Chinaski89

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How are you drawing this conclusion? That's a big accusation
Let's start with the same player has mysteriously gotten hurt right before the deadline for the last 3 years and each time no matter what the injury was, he magically was healed just in time for game 1 of the playoffs but not early enough he could play 1 day earlier for the final game of the season.

This year he goes out with an injury that should take 4-6 months to heal from, he came back on the early side of 3 months.

Reactions: Bizz and Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I argue that Mark Stones back is so messed up that they can just LTIR him whenever they want and it would be valid
If he is not medically cleared to play during the regular season, he shouldn’t be medically cleared to play in the post-season. If he is medically cleared to play in the playoffs, then he should be medically cleared to play in the regular season.

His “medical clearance” shouldn’t be dependent on how much pain he is willing to tolerate. People saying “he’s willing to play through the pain in the playoffs but not the regular season, it’s fine!!” are completely missing the point. You shouldn’t be able to go on the LITR for a whole season if you’re willing to play through the pain in the playoffs.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If he is not medically cleared to play during the regular season, he shouldn’t be medically cleared to play in the post-season. If he is medically cleared to play in the playoffs, then he should be medically cleared to play in the regular season.

His “medical clearance” shouldn’t be dependent on how much pain he is willing to tolerate. People saying “he’s willing to play through the pain in the playoffs but not the regular season, it’s fine!!” are completely missing the point. You shouldn’t be able to go on the LITR for a whole season if you’re willing to play through the pain in the playoffs.
I feel like the compromise is like just disqualifying a player coming off of IR/LTIR for a playoff round. If they want them to be eligible for the first round of the playoffs, they need to come off before the playoffs begins which would mean the team needs to be cap compliant. Otherwise, they're just stuck without them for a playoff series or more.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
how about the NHL start investigating those pieces of shit for clearly lying about the severity of a player's injuries for the purpose of gaining a significant competitive advantage?

League reviews scans/test results to confirm injuries.

you know how many doctors notes I've had forged over the course of my life?

like two, but still the ease of which can happen will surprise people. If you think Vegas isn't paying their doctors under the table to alter test results then you're underestimating the types of shady bullshit teams like Vegas does to try and win Cups.

Remember, people thought the 2017 Astros were legit once too.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I feel like the compromise is like just disqualifying a player coming off of IR/LTIR for a playoff round. If they want them to be eligible for the first round of the playoffs, they need to come off before the playoffs begins which would mean the team needs to be cap compliant. Otherwise, they're just stuck without them for a playoff series or more.
The simplest fix is just to say that the 18 skaters and 2 goalies that you dress in any given playoff game must be cap compliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad