NCAA 2023-24 NCAA Thread

Sep 19, 2008
stupic conference expansion f***ing up the pac 12 basketball landscape

although arizona clearly the best in pac 12 will be in the big 12 now, should be interesting to see a basketball powerhouse compete with Kansas

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Pac 12 is now Stanford, Cal, Arizona St, Oregon St. and Wazzu lol.

Colorado is just going back we're they belong and IDC about Utah they can bounce around all they want since they outgrew the Go5, but the rest are incredibly $tupid.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I'd like to see the Big East amicably split along geographic lines. The five Midwestern schools - Butler, Creighton, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier - would be the core members of a new conference that would also include current A-10 members Dayton, Loyola (Chicago) and Saint Louis, current Horizon League member Detroit Mercy, current MVC member Valparaiso, and current WCC members Gonzaga and Saint Mary's (which would kill the legitimacy of the WCC). This would be an attempt to form a basketball-centric conference that is largely Midwestern and of comparative strength to the Big Ten. ESPN can use this new conference to replace the Big Ten during basketball season.

The Big East would become a Northeast-only conference, adding Duquesne, La Salle and Saint Joseph's from the A-10 and Iona from the MAAC.

The loss of 6 members as a result of the Big East split would be particularly harsh on the A-10. The first Big East split cost them three members (Temple to the American and Butler and Xavier to the new Big East).

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

could be interesting and a precursor to the whole breakaway idea down the line. Definitely seems to be killing the NIT though which is a move that I am not a fan of.
I'd like to see an NCAA tourney of 32 big conference teams and an NIT tourney of 32 small conference teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad