Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

Jul 6, 2016
Bisson was blamed by the management for his after season interview. He told the press that vets like Durandeau and Galipeau should had been in the lineup last Friday in Belleville.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tyson and morhilane

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Over who? Trudeau?
It's a tough call but Galipeau has been better than Trudeau who had a couple of penalties last Friday. Trudeau is not a prospect and shouldn't be treated like one.
Maybe you dress 7 D...

Quick edit- Galipeau was a +20 on a bad defensive team.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Like I stated earlier Trudeau is nothing special.

I don't disagree.

Trudeau was +/- 0 on Friday though so not sure the difference would have been that significant in that particular game. I can't remember if he had any blame on the Bongiovanni goal (and if Galipeau would have done better there).

Reactions: Tyson

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
The team needs much better vets than what we have had in the last few years, especially with so many young players on or coming into the club. You need to have the young players surround the vets, whoever can't win a spot need to be in 3R or loaned out to another organization if it is decided they have no future and are just playing out their ELC. There is no place for guys like Perresult,Durandeau or Trudeau. Just cause they were on the team doesn't mean they should have a guaranteed spot. The team needs solid veteran defensive defensemen to pair with both Hutson and Mailloux and to get bigger and tougher upfront with so many smaller prospects. They also need a better pool in 3R to cover for injuries and call ups.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
No we don't...Trudeau is not a future NHL player and was a -6 on the season and Galipeau was a +20. Maybe you should watch the games. Galipeau was arguably one of the best D in Laval defensively.

Trudeau might not be an NHL regular, but you dont scratch a 21 years old dman who played 2 seasons in your top 4, had a good pre season and was your best dman last year for a borderline AHL player with an AHL contract. I dont care if he was the best D defensively according to you and they didnt care either.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Trudeau might not be an NHL regular, but you dont scratch a 21 years old dman who played 2 seasons in your top 4, had a good pre season and was your best dman last year for a borderline AHL player with an AHL contract. I dont care if he was the best D defensively according to you and they didnt care either.
Bisson who also has an AHL contract and is arguably the teams most reliable Dman made his opinion known that Galipeau should not have sat. I respect Bisson's opinion.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospects under contract next year who will be in Laval:

- Owen Beck
- Jared Davidson
- Sean Farrell
- Emil Heineman
- Riley Kidney
- Filip Mesar
- Jacob Perreault
- Joshua Roy (good chance he makes the NHL right away)
- Xavier Simoneau
- Luke Tuch
- Florian Xhekaj

- Adam Engstrom
- Lane Hutson (maybe makes the NHL)
- Logan Mailloux
- David Reinbacher
- Jayden Struble (most likely will be in the NHL)
- William Trudeau

- Jakub Dobes

They also have Brandon Gignac and Lukas Condotta still under contract next year. And there is also Norlinder who may or may not be extended, although there isn't much room for him anymore, considering the congestion at LD and him not showing enough and has been surpassed.

Stephens is a UFA. Might extend him. Might let him walk. Durandeau is someone I'd like to be brought back.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

- Owen Beck
- Jared Davidson
- Sean Farrell
- Emil Heineman
- Riley Kidney
- Filip Mesar
- Jacob Perreault
- Xavier Simoneau
- Luke Tuch
- Florian Xhekaj

- Adam Engstrom
- Logan Mailloux
- David Reinbacher
- William Trudeau

- Jakub Dobes

They also have Brandon Gignac and Lukas Condotta still under contract next year. And there is also Norlinder who may or may not be extended, although there isn't much room for him anymore, considering the congestion at LD and him not showing enough and has been surpassed.

Stephens is a UFA. Might extend him. Might let him walk. Durandeau is someone I'd like to be brought back.

if Pair-0 isn't in the ECHL I'll be a sad, sad man

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

- Owen Beck
- Jared Davidson
- Sean Farrell
- Emil Heineman
- Riley Kidney
- Filip Mesar
- Jacob Perreault
- Xavier Simoneau
- Luke Tuch
- Florian Xhekaj

- Adam Engstrom
- Logan Mailloux
- David Reinbacher
- William Trudeau

- Jakub Dobes

Just to clarify, being under contract means nothing, if they are on their ELC they can be sent to the ECHL or loaned out if roster spacer is needed. They will have to beat out any incoming prospects or whatever Vets get signed. On the roster this year is no guaranteed spot for next.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just to clarify, being under contract means nothing, if they are on their ELC they can be sent to the ECHL or loaned out if roster spacer is needed. They will have to beat out any incoming prospects or whatever Vets get signed. On the roster this year is no guaranteed spot for next.

Correct. But we said the same last year about having so many guys coming in that some will have to be sent to the ECHL. Lo and behold, injuries came up early in the year and they suddenly went from having like 15-16F to having 12 in the span of 2 weeks.

The question for me is who will crack the Habs out of camp and who will be called up more than I do who will have to be sent down to the ECHL.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

- Owen Beck
- Jared Davidson
- Sean Farrell
- Emil Heineman
- Riley Kidney
- Filip Mesar
- Jacob Perreault
- Xavier Simoneau
- Luke Tuch
- Florian Xhekaj

- Adam Engstrom
- Logan Mailloux
- David Reinbacher
- William Trudeau

- Jakub Dobes

Really hope they add a physical guy to protect all the you guns, a guy like Baddock back in the days.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Trudeau is not a vet yet, and he has no chance to crack the Habs D.

I seem him as a candidate for an AHL trade.

- Owen Beck
- Jared Davidson
- Sean Farrell
- Emil Heineman
- Riley Kidney
- Filip Mesar
- Jacob Perreault
- Xavier Simoneau
- Luke Tuch
- Florian Xhekaj

- Adam Engstrom
- Logan Mailloux
- David Reinbacher
- William Trudeau

- Jakub Dobes

Did Davidson sign an ELC?

I don't feel Durandeau is a strong enough player to represent a targeted "scoring vet".
Stephens much more so, but he might choose to try another NHL organization. Many guys his age move around to maximize their chances. Even Belzile and Ouellett did that and they liked it here a lot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Did Davidson sign an ELC?

No. I think he will be signed, which is why I listed him.

I don't feel Durandeau is a strong enough player to represent a targeted "scoring vet".
Stephens much more so, but he might choose to try another NHL organization. Many guys his age move around to maximize their chances. Even Belzile and Ouellett did that and they liked it here a lot.

Fair enough for Durandeau. I'd be good with them re-signing him. But if they don't, it's fine.

As for Stephens, among the vets, he's the one I'd want back. But as you say, he might look elsewhere, particularly somewhere where he might have a better shot at an NHL spot.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad