2023-24 Junior Hockey Expansion, Relocation, and Retraction

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
They're not, but wouldn't it make more sense to move the Braves franchise the 30 miles into Idaho where they could be the big dog in town instead of staying in Spokane, lingering in the shadows of the Chiefs?

Because it's Junior B hockey and they're not even trying to compete with the Chiefs. Their business practice is convincing players to pay whatever tuition fees they are charging, and they likely have an easier time convincing those kids to play in Spokane rather than somewhere else.

Reactions: JMCx4

FrozenPonds

Feb 12, 2023
The whole junior hockey scene is amazing. Teams fleecing families for tens of thousands of dollars in tuition to fund an NHL dream that was dead before the kid played midgets, an overweight narcissist league PR guy who thinks he should be doing play-by-play in the NHL, shyster Stephen Heisler and convicted felon Joe Kolodziej in a blog site war... it makes Single-A hockey look tame and reasonable.
You mean the same Stephen Heisler who talks about tryout camps that are scams....then starts his "legitimate" tryout camps? Or the same Stephen Heisler who crows about player "advisors" and then totes himself as a player "advisor"? You mean THAT Stephen Heisler? LMAO

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
You mean the same Stephen Heisler who talks about tryout camps that are scams....then starts his "legitimate" tryout camps? Or the same Stephen Heisler who crows about player "advisors" and then totes himself as a player "advisor"? You mean THAT Stephen Heisler? LMAO
I mean, I did characterize him as a shyster...

FrozenPonds

Feb 12, 2023
I mean, I did characterize him as a shyster...
I hate hypocrites!!! Two things that bug me...dbag associations/leagues/etc who keep the same idiots in the decision-making process..and dbags who criticize everyone for their own gain!!

I never knew about this clown....maybe I will go at him!

Reactions: CrazyEddie20

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I hate hypocrites!!! Two things that bug me...dbag associations/leagues/etc who keep the same idiots in the decision-making process..and dbags who criticize everyone for their own gain!!

There are better hobbies to take up.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

Hockey's frauds need to be exposed for what they are, whether they're Single-A shysters, which the fart-sniffing fanboi expansionists love so well, college club clowns or Tier III Junior frauds like Heisler and convicted felon Joe Kolodziej.

This is a great hobby and one the hockey world needs.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hockey's frauds need to be exposed for what they are, whether they're Single-A shysters, which the fart-sniffing fanboi expansionists love so well, college club clowns or Tier III Junior frauds like Heisler and convicted felon Joe Kolodziej.

This is a great hobby and one the hockey world needs.
For those who enjoy whack-a-mole.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This is a confusing one. Full coaching staff. Full player rosters for both USPHL Premier and Elite.

My bet is it is a repeat of the Boston Advantage where the Generals are not in compliance with the league with something.
I agree the Generals have never really seemed to be one of those outwardly appearing shaky teams

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I agree the Generals have never really seemed to be one of those outwardly appearing shaky teams

Per Facebook, the GM/Head Coach never returned after Thanksgiving break. No warning, no communication. Surprised they can't find someone to come in and keep everything at the helm. Apparently nothing financial, he was just the one holding everything together. Other comments seem to indicate there were problems with him before he left.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Per Facebook, the GM/Head Coach never returned after Thanksgiving break. No warning, no communication. Surprised they can't find someone to come in and keep everything at the helm. Apparently nothing financial, he was just the one holding everything together. Other comments seem to indicate there were problems with him before he left.
Interesting, and still very strange. As you say, it's strange there's no way to bring in another Head Coach/ GM, and why can't the assistant coach take over? There are still more questions than answers.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Their facebook page said today that they did bring in an interim coach but a bunch of players had already decided to leave for other teams.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
There is some smoke regarding the NAHL expanding to Watertown, South Dakota. This local radio station is running with a thread originating from The Junior Hockey News....

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
So the USPHL Premier will have an all-Canadian division with 5 news teams joining Collège Universel Gatineau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad