2023-24 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Playoffs!

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I don’t totally disagree with you that I like the challenge of having to figure out roster moves before midnight, but I would 100% vote for same-day adds, it just makes things WAY more interesting. No streaming rules is a separate request but serves the same purpose in my opinion. Allows us to use our 3 adds a week in the craftiest way possible to try and be successful

I probably completely missed your original point...
But I hate streaming...
And want to keep the add limit.

As long as those aspects remain in tact...
I would likely just go along with whatever people decide.

Last edited:

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well my original point was that the 3 adds per week rule is enough of a protection against streaming. The 48 hour add/drop rule is unnecessary cause you only get 3 adds per week, you should be able to use them however you want. Whether that’s 3 long-term adds over the course of the week or 3 back-to-back-to-back adds/drops of the same guys on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get 2-3 extra games played at the end of the week. If this league didn’t have a maximum add limit per week, then it would make sense and be important to have the streaming rule about no adding/dropping the same player within 2 or 4 days or whatever the exact rule is.

Anyways I’m a little drunk so I should probably just stop talking haha. Although I’d like to point out that Del Zotto wasn’t a streaming add/drop. I grabbed him to replace Chabot when he got hurt and had no clue when Chabot was going to return and I wouldn’t need Del Zotto anymore...since Chabot may return Sunday and I need to decide before midnight whether to open up a roster spot for him, I just dropped MDZ to be safe!

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Well my original point was that the 3 adds per week rule is enough of a protection against streaming. The 48 hour add/drop rule is unnecessary cause you only get 3 adds per week, you should be able to use them however you want. Whether that’s 3 long-term adds over the course of the week or 3 back-to-back-to-back adds/drops of the same guys on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get 2-3 extra games played at the end of the week. If this league didn’t have a maximum add limit per week, then it would make sense and be important to have the streaming rule about no adding/dropping the same player within 2 or 4 days or whatever the exact rule is.

Anyways I’m a little drunk so I should probably just stop talking haha. Although I’d like to point out that Del Zotto wasn’t a streaming add/drop. I grabbed him to replace Chabot when he got hurt and had no clue when Chabot was going to return and I wouldn’t need Del Zotto anymore...since Chabot may return Sunday and I need to decide before midnight whether to open up a roster spot for him, I just dropped MDZ to be safe!

Drunk hmm? Let’s talk trade. lol

Reactions: ArtursSilovsShirt

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I don’t totally disagree with you that I like the challenge of having to figure out roster moves before midnight, but I would 100% vote for same-day adds, it just makes things WAY more interesting. No streaming rules is a separate request but serves the same purpose in my opinion. Allows us to use our 3 adds a week in the craftiest way possible to try and be successful

I would have agreed in the past, but I just don't have enough time to manage my roster every day anymore.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hey it's hard to predict who's going to struggle week to week. Canucks could come out and win all 3 of their games and get you some great goalie stats for all we know! Gonna be a fun battle though, feel like if I can get a decent win I'm almost a lock for the playoffs already lol but if you smack me around a bit I'm right back in the mix with plenty of other teams. Good luck!

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
By the way I'm very interested in buying at the deadline. If anyone is looking to deal a solid player or two that is either low on their keeper list or just off their keeper list, I have picks (probably not my 1st or 2nd unless it's a great deal), young players and some other pieces available that I could package for an upgrade.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just a reminder, I am looking to buy.
You can message me anytime

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I like my goalies this week. Have no idea what 38-year-old Mike Smith is eating, but he is having a good week

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I propose adding another IR spot to rosters
It’d require a unanimous vote, but I’m in favour of an extra IR+ slot mid season due to COVID (to be removed next year).

On a separate note, would you guys do Guentzel + Rask for Stuetzle + Sororkin/Talbot? Different keeper league, I’ve been offered Stuetzle + Jarry for Rask. I’m not in contention this year. Roto League: G A +/- PIM PPP, W GAA Sv%
(We keep 4 forwards, 2 D, 1 goalie)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad