2023-24 Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
So... to start the year they had something called an "Exchange Bank" where you could put your games that you didn't want into them but that only worked for like 1% of people so they overhauled it recently and instituted a "return" option that gave you account credit for the games you didn't want.

You can use that credit towards the Black Friday promotion or can use it to buy tickets to other games at the STH price under the Buy tab in the Account Manager.

Any credit accrued during this season expires on like April 16th, 2024 so it must be used during the 23-24 season.

I actually just bought back my tickets for the 11/28 game that I exchanged out of weeks ago at the BOGO rate and added the two seats next to mine also. Four seats for the price of my original two.

I can walk you through any of this if you need any help. I've used it a lot.
Thanks... I had no idea this existed -- my STM Partner is the one who gets all the information... so I only get what he passes on to me; I assume he either missed or ignored that -- I guess that is not associated with the Swap Program then? I'll keep this in mind... thanks for the kind offer to help.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks... I had no idea this existed -- my STM Partner is the one who gets all the information... so I only get what he passes on to me; I assume he either missed or ignored that -- I guess that is not associated with the Swap Program then? I'll keep this in mind... thanks for the kind offer to help.
So… they essentially are the same thing but once tickets are sent OUT of the STH’s account the return and exchange options are no longer available so that may be an issue with you and your partner if he sends you all of your games at the start of the season.

D63CFB8F-96BB-4DB8-86F5-D461505F5795.jpeg

Exchange will allow you to swap from one game directly into another. The return allows you to do the same but it gives you a credit so you can stack a few games into one new purchase.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
So… they essentially are the same thing but once tickets are sent OUT of the STH’s account the return and exchange options are no longer available so that may be an issue with you and your partner if he sends you all of your games at the start of the season.

View attachment 772363

Exchange will allow you to swap from one game directly into another. The return allows you to do the same but it gives you a credit so you can stack a few games into one new purchase.
We get hard copies -- basically Ticketmaster Tickets -- it is a Perk, and we are allowed to get all Perks... so he gets the tickets in the mail, and he distributes them, physically giving me mine... Only in the case of late InterGroup shifts, the digital tickets are not accessed, except for those we might sell off, and don't hand out... So, I imagine in most all cases the tickets are not sent out of our account... that is if I'm understanding what you said correctly. Thanks once again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We get hard copies -- basically Ticketmaster Tickets -- it is a Perk, and we are allowed to get all Perks... so he gets the tickets in the mail, and he distributes them, physically giving me mine... Only in the case of late InterGroup shifts, the digital tickets are not accessed, except for those we might sell off, and don't hand out... So, I imagine in most all cases the tickets are not sent out of our account... that is if I'm understanding what you said correctly. Thanks once again.
You are 100% correctly understanding.

Tickets can also be exchanged or returned multiples times this year. In the past it’s been one and done.

I have printed tickets myself also. I opted out a few years ago and during my conversation with Mike Shane I asked for printed tickets because I like the idea of having a souvenir while taking my son like I had growing up.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
The whole resale thing is a disaster for me, because you cannot link your parking pass to tickets. So even if someone buys seats at full price, they don't have to buy parking. If I list them both, and someone buys the parking but not the tix, I need to buy parking if I go, and it will not be reserved.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The whole resale thing is a disaster for me, because you cannot link your parking pass to tickets. So even if someone buys seats at full price, they don't have to buy parking. If I list them both, and someone buys the parking but not the tix, I need to buy parking if I go, and it will not be reserved.
You can buy parking under the “buy” tab and it’ll be reserved parking.

You’ll just have to pay full price plus some fees.

Not a perfect solution but one that can be used in a pinch.

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
You are 100% correctly understanding.

Tickets can also be exchanged or returned multiples times this year. In the past it’s been one and done.

I have printed tickets myself also. I opted out a few years ago and during my conversation with Mike Shane I asked for printed tickets because I like the idea of having a souvenir while taking my son like I had growing up.
Ticket Stubs are arguably the best souvenirs/keepsakes one can have... and they stir up many fine memories... At the town halls, when they were planning on completely phasing out printed tickets, the Flyers couldn't seem to grasp that thinking, but to their credit they listened and compromised. Sadly though, this season's tickets lost so much of the charm they had when they were personalized with the opponents, and their logos and such... but I'll gladly take them as opposed to digital tickets, even when printed out.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Class act on the organization... goodwill move going forward. I'm not so sure the previous leadership(s) would have done so... probably wouldn't have.
Please excuse my replying to my own post... but I must add that I posted that before I knew the magnitude of the snow storm; even the past leadership would have postponed the town hall meeting tonight... I THINK... MAYBE. 🙄

Please stay safe Delaware Valley friends.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Received a letter from the Flyers triumvirate praising the season so far... but reaffirming that their eyes are set on the future, and a long stretch of success... saying they will not sell the future for the present, and that this is more than just a rebuilding; it is getting the foundation set on manner of play going forward. (Paraphrasing)

But the surprise kicker was that they again are not raising Season Ticket Prices... I don't recall if they mentioned holding firm on individual sales pricing. They have either held firm, or reeled back prices (on at least some locations) dating back to before the pandemic. In the past, when there was no post-season revenue coming in each year, some prior leadership claimed they needed to raise prices in order to be able to compete... kudos to the organization over the past several seasons for holding down prices in these days of inflation.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Received a letter from the Flyers triumvirate praising the season so far... but reaffirming that their eyes are set on the future, and a long stretch of success... saying they will not sell the future for the present, and that this is more than just a rebuilding; it is getting the foundation set on manner of play going forward. (Paraphrasing)

But the surprise kicker was that they again are not raising Season Ticket Prices... I don't recall if they mentioned holding firm on individual sales pricing. They have either held firm, or reeled back prices (on at least some locations) dating back to before the pandemic. In the past, when there was no post-season revenue coming in each year, some prior leadership claimed they needed to raise prices in order to be able to compete... kudos to the organization over the past several seasons for holding down prices in these days of inflation.
That’s a double edged sword for them though.

They’ve been losing STH’s at a dramatic rate the last few seasons and if they dared to raise the ticket price that rate would increase even more as you obviously know.

At the end of the day, I figured they were going to raise prices after this season though so I’m pleasantly surprised that they’re not.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was thinking about taking my daughter to her first game on 2/24. Just looked up tickets and the cheapest are $130? What the actual f***?

Anyone have any available for that game that aren't that obscenely expensive or know of a good strategy for paying less? No chance i'm paying $130 a pop for nosebleeds for this f***ing team lol

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was thinking about taking my daughter to her first game on 2/24. Just looked up tickets and the cheapest are $130? What the actual f***?

Anyone have any available for that game that aren't that obscenely expensive or know of a good strategy for paying less? No chance i'm paying $130 a pop for nosebleeds for this f***ing team lol
Send me a PM.

Reactions: SnS

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

All that being the case... you may want to alter your plans, and choose another date. February 24th is a Saturday game vs the Rangers... The NYR fans pay a premium and come down in droves to watch their team -- honestly it may be an easier commute than driving and parking in NYC... and probably easier tickets to Obtain, and cheaper -- with that the Flyers STMs sell their games at jacked up prices... that the Rangers fans will pay... and it helps to pay for the other games. Being a weekend only makes it more desirable. Good luck... you'll probably do better paying walk-up prices from the Flyers, rather than hoping to get reduced aftermarket bargains... If you want a Saturday, how about the Senators on Saturday, March 2nd? FWIW

Send me a PM.

Or... Hollywood could hook you up. 😄 Haha

Last edited:

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia

I can probably help too if Hollywood doesn’t hook you up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00