2023-24 Florida Panthers Regular Season MVP

Who is the Panthers regukar season MVP this year?

• Aaron Ekblad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antony Stolarz

• Brandon Montour

• Carter Verhaeghe

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
At least one great candidate in each position, so this should be interesting.

The main ones imo...

Aleksander Barkov
-24th in points leaguewide
-21st in PPG leaguewide
-40th in EVP leaguewide
-5th in +/- leaguewide
-24th in takeaways leaguewide
-42nd in ATOI for forwards

Sam Reinhart
-12th in points leaguewide
-18th in PPG leaguewide
-25th in EVP leaguewide
-2nd in goals and GPG leaguewide
-15th in +/- leaguewide
-20th in ATOI for forwards
-32nd in SH ATOI for forwards

-leads team in points, 6 more than 2nd best.
-23 more goals than 2nd best on team

Gustav Forsling
- 1st in +/- leaguewide, +10 more than 2nd best
- 3rd in SH ATOI leaguewide
-36th in points for defenseman
-44th in PPG for defenseman
-16th in EVP for defenseman
-23rd in goals for defenseman
-29th in GPG for defenseman

- +23 more than next best on team
-2nd highest ATOI on team
-2nd in blocked shots on team

Sergei Bobrovsky
-5th in GP for goalies
-9th in sv% leaguewide
-8th in SV and SOG
-1st in SO (6) tied with 3 other goalies
-16th in goals saved above expected per 60
-54th in high danger unblocked shot attempt sv%
-13th in xhigh danger unblocked shot attempt sv% (× is expected)

HM.

Antony Stolarz
-1st in SV%
-1st in goals saved above expected per 60
-24th in high danger unblocked shot attempt sv%
-27th in xhigh danger unblocked shot attempt sv%

Matthew Tkachuk
-18th in points leaguewide
-24th in EVP leaguewide
-20th in PPG leaguewide
-25th in +/- leaguewide
-4th in hits on team

Last edited:
Reactions: Idiot Stick

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Between Reinhart or Forsling IMO. 57 goals is hard to beat, but it’s close. Barkov had a Selke calibre season, so he is right behind them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’d say for all around value Barkov was just mind boggling this year

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Really tough choice, even as someone who watched almost all panther games this year.

The powerplay without Reinhart would be mediocre or worse. Our entire cast excluding him has 36 powerplay goals in total, Reinhart has 27 by himself. He also has 5 of our 8 shorthanded goals. Beyond his goalscoring, he's probably our 2nd best two way forward.

Barkov is our most consistent forward on both ends of the rink. He rarely if ever has a bad game, and is our most mistake free player.

And Forsling is basically our defenseman version of Barkov in terms of consistency night in and out. Just more tilted towards the defensive side of things, and plays the hardest minutes on the team.

we gave up 9 goals in the 450 5v5 minutes Barkov and Forsling were on the ice. Not a completely individual since 3 other players on the ice and goaltending affects it. But an insane stat nonetheless.

And Bobrovsky.. dude won us games we've had no business winning, and has been great virtually all season. He's really cut down on the soft goals he'd give up far too often in years past. And out of everyone on the team he probably ranks the highest in his position. Likely vezina finalist or close to it. For that reason he's my pick.

But can't go wrong with any of those 4 imo.

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Shoutout to ekblad
Team really turned around when he got paired with Forsling, and in his absence we havent been as good on both sides of the ice.

But its hard to pick between Barkov or Reinhart on offense, we look anemic without Barkov and Reinhairt has a a 5th of our goals while being solid defensively.

Stolarz deserves some credit too, #1 in sv% and gaa. Even though he gets some easier matchups hes been rock solid and giving us a very god goalie tandem.

Forsling is prob of the best defenders in the league right now, (not talking the offense norris defense) and has helped us in our backend even with different pairings this season.

Just goin with Bobby cause hes straight up back on the case this season and has some criminal robberies multiple times per games.

Reactions: Felidae

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Forsling, he was their standout defenseman without whom they'd have been screwed. In offense Barkov, Reinhart, Tkachuk, Verhaeghe were all good without that much separation.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Reinhart....but honestly I almost regret it and think it should maybe be Bob.

2.37 GAA and 915 sv% - his best numbers in about 6 seasons, and best since joining Florida. Florida has struggled a lot past few years due to lack of consistency in goaltending - Bob finally being solid, and being so all year long is a huge differentiator.

Still - 57 goals is extremely impressive too, along with solid defense.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It's Sam Reinhart. It's not close. Forget the 57 goals for a brief moment and consider this: He was perhaps the best defensive winger in the entire league this season, and the analytics actually support that claim.

Barkov was great, I love the guy, but Sam Reinhart might have just had the best season any Florida Panther has ever had in the franchise's history. I'd certainly argue that was the case.

Reactions: Felidae and Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's Sam Reinhart. It's not close. Forget the 57 goals for a brief moment and consider this: He was perhaps the best defensive winger in the entire league this season, and the analytics actually support that claim.

Barkov was great, I love the guy, but Sam Reinhart might have just had the best season any Florida Panther has ever had in the franchise's history. I'd certainly argue that was the case.

He should win the Selke so fans finally understand that Reinhart is an elite 2-way winger

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Voted Reinhart....but honestly I almost regret it and think it should maybe be Bob.

2.37 GAA and 915 sv% - his best numbers in about 6 seasons, and best since joining Florida. Florida has struggled a lot past few years due to lack of consistency in goaltending - Bob finally being solid, and being so all year long is a huge differentiator.

Still - 57 goals is extremely impressive too, along with solid defense.
I think it's more been a problem with the defensive play. The goaltending followed suit. And this year when the defense got it together, the goaltending followed suit again.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He should win the Selke so fans finally understand that Reinhart is an elite 2-way winger

That's my feeling as well. He had an incredible season and deserves recognition. I say this knowing full well that it makes it harder for the team to retain him if he's winning major awards.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That's my feeling as well. He had an incredible season and deserves recognition. I say this knowing full well that it makes it harder for the team to retain him if he's winning major awards.
I do think reinhart deserves selke recognition. I'm not sure he should win it over Barkov. Does anyone actually think Reinhart > Barkov defensively? I don't think the stats support that. As for offensive production they really aren't that far apart. Missed games by Barkov makes that gap bigger than it actually is.

I'm all for Reinhart being the team MVP though, that's easier to argue than him winning the selke imo.

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad