2023-24 EXHIBITION/NON-CONFERENCE/PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I’d like to see their financial plan.
This story says SFU will get $10K for their game at Michigan. That doesn’t cover half the cost of that travel weekend, but it would help. I presume some of the other US programs are cutting similar cheques.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
This story says SFU will get $10K for their game at Michigan. That doesn’t cover half the cost of that travel weekend, but it would help. I presume some of the other US programs are cutting similar cheques.

I wonder how many people will pay to watch a 2nd rate team. SFU would not come close to a playoff spot in the CW.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I wonder how many people will pay to watch a 2nd rate team. SFU would not come close to a playoff spot in the CW.
They'll hype the game by saying a team from the same country as Zack Hyman, Owen Power and Adam Fantilli is coming to town.

The rubes will buy into that.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
They'll hype the game by saying a team from the same country as Zack Hyman, Owen Power and Adam Fantilli is coming to town.

The rubes will buy into that.
The unfortunate thing is that people will leave the rink that night and that will be what they’ve experienced of Canadian University hockey

Reactions: AUS Fan

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
TBH, there aren't many (or any) CIS teams that could beat Mich.
Oh 100% but if Michigan ices anything close to their normal lineup and doesn’t start dicking around (which I assume they will) when they get up 4-0 in the first 10 minutes we could see a Brooks Bandits vs Wisconsin Lumberjack score .

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Oh 100% but if Michigan ices anything close to their normal lineup and doesn’t start dicking around (which I assume they will) when they get up 4-0 in the first 10 minutes we could see a Brooks Bandits vs Wisconsin Lumberjack score .

That is sad.

Reactions: dm8895

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Is their BCIHL team significantly weaker than its been ? This is going to be interesting to watch play out . I’ve never taken the “we want to go NCAA” thing seriously , especially with what’s happened to the football program but this is making me wonder.
I've been as dismissive as any in the notion that SFU was seriously taking a run at the NCAA, but this ticks one of the boxes off the list.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
BCIHL-2017-grey-50x50.jpg
Okanagan-Lakers-2021-orange-50x50.jpg
Vancouver-Island-teal-50x50.jpg
TrinityWestern-2021-Helmet-50x50.jpg
UBC-no-word-yellow-50x50.jpg

BCIHL: BC Intercollegiate Hockey League - Powered By esportsdesk.com
OKANAGAN: site remains down
VANCOUVER ISLAND: VIU Mariners Hockey Club
TRINITY WESTERN: 2023-24 Men's Hockey Schedule - Trinity Western University
U.B.C.: 2023-24 Men's Hockey Schedule - University of British Columbia Athletics

Out in British California their schedules are in a state of confusion, even though many teams have already played games. Here's what is announced by even one team, with source in brackets.

Fri Sep 8 Simon Fraser 3 U.B.C. 0 EX (UBC)
Sat Sep 9 Simon Fraser 2 Trinity Western 3 EX (TWU)

Fri Sep 15 U.B.C. at Trinity Western EX 7:15 PDT # (TWU)
Fri Sep 15 Vancouver Island at Victoria EX 7:00 PDT (BCIHL)
Fri Sep 15 Penticton Senior AA at Okanagan EX 7:45 PDT (BCIHL)
Sat Sep 16 Trinity Western at U.B.C. EX 7:00 PDT (UBC TWU)
Sat Sep 16 Victoria at Vancouver Island EX 7:00 PDT (BCIHL)

Thu Sep 21 Briercrest College at Trinity Western EX TBD # (Insta)
Fri Sep 22 Briercrest College at Simon Fraser EX 7:00 PDT DH (Insta SFU)
Fri Sep 22 Logan Lake at Okanagan EX 8:30 PDT (BCIHL)
Fri Sep 22 Victoria at Simon Fraser EX 12:30 PDT DH (BCIHL)
Sat Sep 23 N.A.I.T. at U.B.C. EX 7:00 PDT (UBC)
Sat Sep 23 Okanagan at Trinity Western 7:00 PDT (BCIHL)
Sat Sep 23 Briercrest College at Simon Fraser EX 1:00 PDT (Insta SFU)
Sun Sep 24 N.A.I.T. at U.B.C. EX 3:00 PDT (UBC)
Sun Sep 24 Vancouver Island at Trinity Western EX 12:30 PDT # (BCIHL)

Fri Sep 29 Vancouver Island at Alaska-Anchorage EX 7:00 AKDT (BCIHL VIU)
Fri Sep 29 Victoria at Concordia-Edmonton EX 7:00 MDT (BCIHL UVic CUE)
Sat Sep 30 Vancouver Island at Alaska Fairbanks EX TBA (BCIHL VIU)
Sat Sep 30 Victoria at Concordia-Edmonton EX 7:00 MDT (BCIHL UVic CUE)
Sat Sep 30 Simon Fraser at Michigan EX 7:00 CDT (SFU)

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Just gotta say , really appreciate the amount of effort you put into this thread , the CW/Bisons thread and the top 35.. Not much media surrounding USports hockey and what exists of it is condensed into these threads plus all the original stuff you contribute in them. It makes following what’s going on outside the AUS so much easier !!

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Just gotta say , really appreciate the amount of effort you put into this thread , the CW/Bisons thread and the top 35.. Not much media surrounding USports hockey and what exists of it is condensed into these threads plus all the original stuff you contribute in them. It makes following what’s going on outside the AUS so much easier !!

Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: Hollywood3

dale1919

Dec 14, 2022
these threads are really the only legit source of USPORTS Mens hockey.
IMO
Holly has been an all star providing us schedules, rosters and weekly summaries game summaries and links that are invaluable to keeners like us!
especially like his western canadien content
i may not post often, but i checkin daily!!
and dont even mind the vred bias.
sometimes
:)

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
these threads are really the only legit source of USPORTS Mens hockey.
IMO
Holly has been an all star providing us schedules, rosters and weekly summaries game summaries and links that are invaluable to keeners like us!
especially like his western canadien content
i may not post often, but i checkin daily!!
and dont even mind the vred bias.
sometimes
:)
I didn't know you were a keener. Great to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Holly does a great job with western hockey in general, but also provides stats on the OUA and AUS.

I wish there were as many other team folks as the UNB crowd. They can be a pain in the ass, but at least they are active.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I didn't know you were a keener. Great to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Holly does a great job with western hockey in general, but also provides stats on the OUA and AUS.

I wish there were as many other team folks as the UNB crowd. They can be a pain in the ass, but at least they are active.
The difficulty is how hard it is to stumble upon this place without really looking for it . Obviously UNB has a massive fan base but on the old UNBhockeyfans site this forum was linked or I may never have found it myself. I’m shocked with the fan base Lakehead has that we only have one Lakehead poster , surely their isn’t only one fan within their entire fan base who is interested what’s actually going on with the team and around the country

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakeheadfan95

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The difficulty is how hard it is to stumble upon this place without really looking for it . Obviously UNB has a massive fan base but on the old UNBhockeyfans site this forum was linked or I may never have found it myself. I’m shocked with the fan base Lakehead has that we only have one Lakehead poster , surely their isn’t only one fan within their entire fan base who is interested what’s actually going on with the team and around the country
Back in the day, every website ended with a "LINKS" page. They should bring that back and include boards, fan sites, and friendly media outlets.

Reactions: dm8895

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Western had added pre-season games to their schedule. Their schedule for the tournament being held in London today and tomorrow is in conflict with Queen's, Waterloo's, and Leaguestat.

Western's schedule has them playing Waterloo today and Queen's tomorrow; both Queen's and Waterloo's schedules have them playing each other today. Waterloo's schedule then has them playing Western tomorrow and Queen's schedule has them playing Nipissing tomorrow. Leaguestat also agrees with what the Waterloo and Queen's schedules are showing. I guess we'll know later today which one is right., but it seems like Western's schedule might be the one that is off which is bizarre since they are hosting the tournament.

Only other difference from your master schedule is that Western/Laurier on Sept 30 is a neutral-site game in St. Mary's

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
WesternOntario-purple-50x50.jpg

WESTERN ONTARIO: 2023-24 Men's Hockey Schedule - Western Mustangs Sports

Thu Sep 14 Waterloo at Western Ontario 7:00 EDT
Fri Sep 15 Queen’s at Western Ontario 7:00 EDT
Fri Sep 22 R.M.C. at Western Ontario 7:00 EDT
Sat Sep 23 R.M.C. at Western Ontario 7:00 EDT
Sat Sep 30 Laurier v Western Ontario (at St. Mary's) 7:00 EDT

But Waterloo says:
Thu Sep 14 Waterloo v Queen's (at London) 7:00 EDT
Fri Sep 15 Waterloo at Western Ontario 7:00 EDT

And Queen's says:
Thu Sep 14 Waterloo v Queen's (at London) 7:00 EDT
Fri Sep 15 Queen’s v Nipissing (at London) 1:00 EDT

Nipissing has no pre-season games.

Queen's beat Waterloo on Sep 14th by 4-2. Therefore, my presumption is that the Urban Cowboys are wrong. They'll play Waterloo on the 15th and Nipissing on the 16th.

2023-24 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule - Nipissing University Athletics
2023-24 Men's Hockey Schedule - University of Waterloo Athletics
2023-2024 Hockey (M) Schedule - Queen's University Athletics

AUC Regular

Aug 22, 2023
The sizable effort is appreciated!

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Moncton-2021-yellow-50x50.jpg

MONCTON

Fri Sep 15 Moncton 3 St. F.X. 2 (ot)
Sat Sep 16 U.P.E.I. at Moncton cancelled
Fri Sep 22 Saint Mary’s at Moncton 7:00 ADT

The Eggs never have posted this year's schedule, and they have already started playing.

Reactions: Rob

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
I attended the RMC/Western game at the Western Fair Arena on Saturday (much nicer rink than Thompson Arena, btw). Sloppy game for both teams defensively, but Western looks to have some scoring this year which they have not had for serveral seasons.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I was speaking with a parent of one of the UWO players. As discussed in another thread, the schedule on Western's site for Sept 14/15 is incorrect. It shows that on the 14th, Western defeated Waterloo 5-2; this is incorrect as Waterloo and Queen's played each other that day and that result is available on multiple sites. The 5-2 win is correct, but it was against Nipissing - but there is nothing online to verify this - Nipissing has not posted any pre-season games and there's nothing showing on the OUA, Usports or Leaguestat sites. Likewise, Western's site shows that on the 15th they beat Queen's 2-1 and this is also incorrect - they defeated Waterloo by this score and this is also verified on several sites. Queen's played and defeated Nipissing on the 15th.

This may never get fixed and not sure if this is enough for you to update your records since it can't be verified, but thought I'd pass it along.

• Wow

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
One game to add: Manitoba Bisons at Manitoba Moose (AHL) on Oct 9th at 1:00 p.m.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
One game to add: Manitoba Bisons at Manitoba Moose (AHL) on Oct 9th at 1:00 p.m.
4 days before AHL season starts for them, that’s gotta be the closest to opening day an AHL team has played a CIS team. Portland played UNB 10 days before opening day but at this time of year that week difference is an eternity for pro teams with guys moving up and down.
I wonder if we see a lineup pretty close to the opening day Manitoba Moose or if we see them play “The Manitoba Moose”.

Reactions: MiamiHockeyII

MiamiHockeyII

Mar 24, 2022
4 days before AHL season starts for them, that’s gotta be the closest to opening day an AHL team has played a CIS team. Portland played UNB 10 days before opening day but at this time of year that week difference is an eternity for pro teams with guys moving up and down.
I wonder if we see a lineup pretty close to the opening day Manitoba Moose or if we see them play “The Manitoba Moose”.
Either way I don't see this game going well for the Bisons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad