GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What quality manager is a) available and b) willing to takeover a team that has one healthy CB?
Just leave an interim in place until the summer. It’s well past time for ETH to go. He’s not even better than Ole or even Carrick’s interim run. Rangnick was right about the changes that needed to happen but the Glazers are the Glazers so here we are. I choose to just laugh at the whole thing instead of being pissed at what has happened to the club post Fergie

I noticed that at the time and it made me so happy. Best fan cutaway in a long time

I don't think Zidane has any desire to coach Bayern or Domestic Violence United. It's the French team or nothing for him.

Unless something new came out?
Two days ago the rumours were out that he was close to signing with Bayern but preferred United. Came out of seemingly nowhere

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just leave an interim in place until the summer. It’s well past time for ETH to go. He’s not even better than Ole or even Carrick’s interim run. Rangnick was right about the changes that needed to happen but the Glazers are the Glazers so here we are. I choose to just laugh at the whole thing instead of being pissed at what has happened to the club post Fergie
I really think the only reason he hans't been sacked is that as the ITV commentary mentioned, he's been able to field his best 11 ONCE in the last 18 months. No United manager in the 32ish years that I've been a United fan, has had such a long run of bad injuries. I think Sir Jim/Berrada will want to see how he does with a healthy squad before replacing him and I've seen comments in medias hinting at it too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can you honestly say that you're completely happy with the use of VAR, across the European leagues and competitions?

I very much doubt it.

I don't hate the concept of VAR. I hate it's current implementation.
England really is the one where most issues have been in. In European competitions and international games that I've watched, it has been used well.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
just. make. the. line. fat. so. it. favours. the. attackers.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I really think the only reason he hans't been sacked is that as the ITV commentary mentioned, he's been able to field his best 11 ONCE in the last 18 months. No United manager in the 32ish years that I've been a United fan, has had such a long run of bad injuries. I think Sir Jim/Berrada will want to see how he does with a healthy squad before replacing him and I've seen comments in medias hinting at it too.
No question that in particular losing Shaw, Licha and Lindelof hurts. Can’t expect Varane to stay healthy though as much as I love him can argue Shaw can’t either. Just don’t buy that this is mostly injuries. He might already be gone if Rashford doesn’t go on the heater of all heaters to make Southgate look even more stupid last year

I suspect he very well might stay through the summer and think it’s a mistake but we’ll see. Other than establishing what types of players he needs where to make his vision work, Ratcliffe and co better limit his involvement in transfer decisions. No more Antony type acquisitions

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No question that in particular losing Shaw, Licha and Lindelof hurts. Can’t expect Varane to stay healthy though as much as I love him can argue Shaw can’t either. Just don’t buy that this is mostly injuries. He might already be gone if Rashford doesn’t go on the heater of all heaters to make Southgate look even more stupid last year

I suspect he very well might stay through the summer and think it’s a mistake but we’ll see. Other than establishing what types of players he needs where to make his vision work, Ratcliffe and co better limit his involvement in transfer decisions. No more Antony type acquisitions
I forget which one of the already hired or incoming people will be in charge of transfers. The manager's input will of course be asked but won't be the final say if I've understood the structure correctly.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can you honestly say that you're completely happy with the use of VAR, across the European leagues and competitions?

I very much doubt it.

Happy with it everywhere but where PGMOL is in control

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems Antony was gloating or something toward the Coventry players afterwards and I hope someone gives him the same treatment Gary Neville got back in the day. United were leading 6-0 at home and at the end of the game he absolutely rattled an opposing player with a hard tackle and gave away a free kick. After the game Sir Bobby Charlton asked if he could have a word with him in the locker room. Message was clear: "We don't do that in this club. We show class."

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRox89

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

I very much doubt it.

You're just upset that it favored united.

It was offside. Correct call. That's all that matters.

No need to get yer kilt in a twist.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Seems Antony was gloating or something toward the Coventry players afterwards and I hope someone gives the smae treatment Gary Neville got back in the day. United were leading 6-0 at home and at the end of the game he absolutely rattled an opposing player with a hard tackle and gave away a free kick. After the game Sir Bobby Charlton asked if he could have a word with him in the locker room. Message was clear: "We don't do that in this club. We show class."

Manchester United have given up on any semblance of class a while back.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Again, the CBs will be healthy by next season.
I don't take that for granted, based on United's injury record in the last few years. Plus it's a question also of which ones will still be here after the summer. And I was specifically speaking about a manager taking over right now.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't take that for granted, based on United's injury record in the last few years. Plus it's a question alos of which ones will still be here after the summer. And I was specifically speaking about a manager taking over right now.
That’s even dumber. You can have a caretaker for a few matches. Not to mention that any new manager would have a transfer window to buy a CB or two. Like you’re giving the stupidest excuse to keep ETH.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't have his email nor phone number so can't help with that.
1713726370217.gif

He’s trying mate

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s even dumber. You can have a caretaker for a few matches. Not to mention that any new manager would have a transfer window to buy a CB or two. Like you’re giving the stupidest excuse to keep ETH.
A caretaker isn't magically going to make the squad healthy. And I question who would even become a caretaker. If ETH were sacked now, I expect the whole coaching staff to leave with him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Manchester United have given up on any semblance of class a while back.
Antony especially.

A caretaker isn't magically going to make the squad healthy. And I question who would even become a caretaker. If ETH were sacked now, I expect the whole coaching staff to leave with him.

Just hire a dude off the street. Can't be worse than what's happening now.

Reactions: al secord

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Then bring Carrick back. Or Ole. Who cares, it’s for 6 matches. Or I guess cling to ETH for another month and then fire him if that’s what you prefer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Then bring Carrick back. Or Ole. Who cares, it’s for 6 matches. Or I guess cling to ETH for another month and then fire him if that’s what you prefer.
Carrick is at Boro and Ole doesn't seem like he wants to manage anytime soon, based on his appearance on The Overlap. He's not in a good place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad