Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jani Hakanpaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Suter

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Our first playoff team in this series of polls! Hopefully there's more votes and discussion now that we're getting to the top teams..

One of the most balanced teams in the league, so lots of candidates

Main ones imo..

Jason Robertson
GP80 G28 A50 P78. +18 HIT75 BLK30

- leads the team in points, 12 more than 2nd best
- 3rd on team in goals
- averages the most time on ice among among forward group, a minute more than 2nd best.
- leads team in EV points(tied)

Roope Hintz
GP78 G30 A35 P65 +27 HIT33 BLK36

- leads the team in +/- (tied), and is 16th leaguewide
- 2nd most goals and 3rd most points on team

Wyatt Johnston
GP80 G32 A33 P65 +14 HIT52 BLK41

-most goals and 3rd most points on team
- leads team in EV goals and points

Thomas Harley
GP77 G15 A31 P46 +27 HIT66 BLK134

- leads team in +/-, and a +9 gap over 2nd best defenseman
- 16th in +/- among all skaters, 9th among all defenseman
- 22nd in points and 27th in PPG amongst all defenseman
-8th most goals and 10th in GPG among all defenseman.
-2nd most blocked shots on team

Miro Heiskanen
GP69 G9 A43 P51 +8 HIT53 BLK95

- leads defenseman in scoring on team, 5 more than 2nd place despite 12 missed GP
- 12th in points and 14th in PPG among all defenseman
- highest ATOI on team among skaters, 3 minutes more than 2nd highest
-14th highest ATOI Leaguewide

Other candidates

Esa Lindell
-22nd in blocked shots leaguewide
-leads team in blocked shots, 27 more than 2nd best

Joe Pavelski
- 2nd most points and 4th most goals on team

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Wyatt Johnston but really the Stars are an extremely well constructed team from top to bottom with no equal in the league.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Early in the season it was the top line. Midway through it was Duchene. Last few months it's been Johnston and his line.

I'm between Johnston and Duchene for overall MVP. Heiskanen close too

I'm gonna go Johnston. Give him top PP time and he probably leads the team in points this season or is very close to it

Duchene though like I said is very close. The way he elevated Seguin and Marchment's games this year can't be understated and for most of the middle part of the season he was our best player easily. He also has spent limited time on the top PP

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hard to say, everyone was a bit up and down no stand out the entire year. Everyone just played at their base level most of the season.

I would say Johnston was the most consistent all season, performed well, helped carry along a lot of players so he gets my vote.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The 1st line started off decently, but hasn't controlled games like they had in previous seasons.

Duchene found chemistry with Seguin and got that 2nd line going, as evidenced by Marchment's point totals.

Harley has been amazing. He's had his moments where he's shown his inexperience, but he's been so much stronger than I expected and come up clutch so many times.

Johnston probably takes it for me though. He came in and not only didn't hit a sophomore slump, he became the driving factor on his line, great on the PK, and is a player you want on the ice when the game is on the line. It's crazy to think of how young he is.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Heiskanen, not close. WIthout him and the Stars are that much worse defensively. He's the engine on that roster.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Wyatt Johnson's the only real surprise for me in these polls so far. Didn't expect him to get so many votes, especially since he doesn't really stand out statistically.

Thought it would be between Harley and Heiskanen since they're near the top for points and goals among defenseman. Maybe Robertson too.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Wyatt Johnson's the only real surprise for me in these polls so far. Didn't expect him to get so many votes, especially since he doesn't really stand out statistically.

Thought it would be between Harley and Heiskanen since they're near the top for points and goals among defenseman. Maybe Robertson too.
He’s leading the team in goals without being on the top PP and looks like he could win Selkes. He was carrying Benn and Dadanov on his line for most of the season too while they weren’t doing much.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
He’s leading the team in goals without being on the top PP and looks like he could win Selkes. He was carrying Benn and Dadanov on his line for most of the season too while they weren’t doing much.
Ah makes sense. My surprise probably comes from not knowing anything about him. Didn't know he was really good defensively and not getting top PP minutes.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Early in the season it was the top line. Midway through it was Duchene. Last few months it's been Johnston and his line.

I'm between Johnston and Duchene for overall MVP. Heiskanen close too

I'm gonna go Johnston. Give him top PP time and he probably leads the team in points this season or is very close to it

Duchene though like I said is very close. The way he elevated Seguin and Marchment's games this year can't be understated and for most of the middle part of the season he was our best player easily. He also has spent limited time on the top PP
Matt “I only try in a contract year” Duchene

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

This website is named Hockey’s Future Boards

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
why does Johnston have more votes than Robertson?

He's been better than Robertson and is a defensive beast as well. Ask any Stars fan and we'd tell you we have no idea how Robertson continues to pick up points with how his play has been this season. Johnston would likely be the team leader or close to it if he played top PP minutes.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Throwing Harley a bone.

IMG_0916.jpeg

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
It’s always Heiskanen. Don’t really care much for his offensive production, he’s the rock they all depend on.

HM for Jamie Benn. He turned it on the last few months, as he always does.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's no clear cut MVP this year on the Stars. At least 6 different guys were the teams best player for stretches of the year.

On top of my head Duchene , Johnston , Harley , Heiskanen , Hintz and in the last stretch even Jamie Benn again

If you told me in like February that Jamie Benn still ends up with 20+ goals and 60+ points i'd have called you crazy. He was at like 30 points at the time with single digit goals.

Reactions: Sports2 and Felidae

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How can people rate a defensive disaster like Duchene so highly? There's more to the game than points. Truth is that Duchene PDO'd his way into good absolute numbers, but terrible underlying ones.

On the other end, Hintz is probably underrated for his two-way play, even though the points haven't been as great.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How can people rate a defensive disaster like Duchene so highly? There's more to the game than points. Truth is that Duchene PDO'd his way into good absolute numbers, but terrible underlying ones.

On the other end, Hintz is probably underrated for his two-way play, even though the points haven't been as great.

Because without Duchene, Stars lose an entire scoring line. Marchment and Seguin aren't anywhere near where they are right now f he's not with them. His impact offensively has changed this team

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

When the top line went no-show (Pavs looking slow, Robertson looking disinterested, and Hintz unable to convert on any of the prime chances he had) after starting strong, it was Duchene dragging the team along until others stepped up and joined him. He turned that 2nd line into an actual scoring threat. We've got others to worry about defense, nobody else on the team handles the puck like Duchene.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Because without Duchene, Stars lose an entire scoring line. Marchment and Seguin aren't anywhere near where they are right now f he's not with them. His impact offensively has changed this team
Yeah, this. Duchene was the perfect piece in the puzzle, which pushed down guys that needed it. He made Mush and Seguin into fantastic second line and all of that created easier matchups for all of the top three lines. A lot of the spectacular depth that Dallas has working for them this season is created because Duchene came in and just clicked.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
There isn't a great standout, but it really comes down to 3 people
Robertson, Heiskanen and Johnston
Heiskanen should probably get it, but he's had his fair share of really terrible games this year, so I'd vote Robertson.
Johnston was handicapped with Benn and Dadonov for most of the season, once Stankoven got here (someone that can actually contribute) he took off, It's too bad he had to rot away in the AHL most of the year, because this would probably be Johnston ainec otherwise.

Duchene had some great stretches but some really bad ones, and he especially turned into a pumpkin when Seguin got injured. People are giving him too much credit to that lines success. In that it's maybe not exactly 45/45 between Duchene and Seguin, but that line only works because of those two together, Marchment is just sort of there, and if either Duchene/ Seguin are gone that line is useless.

Benn, Suter, Hakanpaa, Lindell, Wedgewood, and Oettinger being included has to be a joke. None of them are even in honorable mention territory and some are outright dogshit the majority of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad