Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mathew Dumba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juuso Valimaki

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Have a feeling this one will be lopsided, but I'm not completely sure, and perhaps I can make a case for a few others. So here goes. As always, let me know if I've ommitted anyone important.

The main candidates IMO are..

Clayton Keller
- the most obvious answer, is nearly a point per game with a 12 point lead and 11 goal lead over 2nd best on the team.

Nick Schmaltz
- 2nd on the team in points and goals

Nick Bjugstad
- tied for 2nd highest goal total and is the 4th best point producer. What stands out though, is he has the highest +/- on the team and the only one in the double digits. Every other player in the top 9 for points on the team other than Durzi has a negative +/- rating, and in the double digits.

Sean Durzi
- leads defenseman on the team in scoring with a 10 point gap over next best. He also averages the most time on ice of anyone on the team, 2 minutes more than the 2nd best skater.

- Connor Ingram
Is ranked 23rd in sv% with goalies over 20 games. That's pretty good considering he's on a bottom 10 team defensively(and overall) They are currently ranked 24th in GA/GP and 27th in PK%.

His advanced stats are solid too. In goals saved above expected he's 16th. And per 60 he ranks 18th. He's definitely been a very good starting goaltender this season.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I voted Keller. Ingram was good at the start of the year, but has fallen off the last two months.

Reactions: Felidae

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Bjugstad, Schmaltz, and Durzi have all been real good for Arizona this season. And Ingram started hot. But this is Keller. It'll probably continue to be Keller for quite a while.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah I feel like Ingram is closer to being among the upper echelon of players in his position than Keller is just based on his advanced stats this year.

Keller is 38th in points atm. Which is really good. But as a player known mostly for his offense it doesn't really stand out. But if Arizona fans say Keller im not gonna argue against it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad