Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Gauthier is a bust if he never hits 80 pts. Im marking my claim as the first real cutter hater. 1C my ass. whats the point of drafting the sniper if you got rid of all your play drivers.
“Must hit 80 points or he’s a bust” seems a little strong. Especially given how weak that draft is looking currently.

I don’t think we’ve gotten rid of all of our play drivers either. Farabee, Frost, Konecny, Coots, with Michkov on the way. We’re a little weak down the middle, but we’re going to have ample cap space to potentially fix that.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Samu with a goal and an assist; LV beats CLT in OT 3-2
I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I hope the Flyers leave Tuomaala in Lehigh Valley for the full year. Just let him play and learn his way around the game down there. He seems to be adapting well, so I hope they don't interrupt that, especially after the past few rough years he had.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I hope the Flyers leave Tuomaala in Lehigh Valley for the full year. Just let him play and learn his way around the game down there. He seems to be adapting well, so I hope they don't interrupt that, especially after the past few rough years he had.

He was rushed once and it didn't work at all. That spooks me, so I agree. I'd like to see him get a look at the NHL though.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
What's up with Tuomaala? I remember him being absolute trash the following 2 seasons after we drafted him, but he seems to be putting up some good numbers in the AHL.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Gauthier not dominating as a 2nd year player against Norway....
Michov in Russia for how long (Leonard had 8 shot on goal)?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
“Must hit 80 points or he’s a bust” seems a little strong. Especially given how weak that draft is looking currently.

I don’t think we’ve gotten rid of all of our play drivers either. Farabee, Frost, Konecny, Coots, with Michkov on the way. We’re a little weak down the middle, but we’re going to have ample cap space to potentially fix that.
Sorry I should have said 120 goals to show my exaggerated nature.

Reactions: BernieParent

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

Look, you guys got Jonathan Bailey going now....lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This Gardner guy they are carrying around had 48 points in 79 total games for the Texas Stars last season, but only has 4 points in 21 games for the Phantoms.

Not sure if he's been injured or just got Lappied.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This Gardner guy they are carrying around had 48 points in 79 total games for the Texas Stars last season, but only has 4 points in 21 games for the Phantoms.

Phantoms dont score too much. (20/32 teams in G/GP)
Especially at 5v5... have only scored 55 goals at EV in 29 games. (which is like ~25/32 teams in league)
He is not on the PP. They lead the league in PP goals and all the top scorers have more than half points on PP!
Phantoms have 3x lines that would be 1st-2nd lines on most AHL teams... though would not know it by standings.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

I think he has been injured but right now he is doing what he was signed for - NOT PLAYING and sitting in the press box not impeding anyone's development. Guys like him, Brooks, Garret, Mete are "has beens" that only take time away from prospects. If they rotated in and out of the line-up amongst themselves it would be one thing, but like the Flyers, IP loves that vet-tran presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad