Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pasternak was league leader in turn overs. You’re only half right. Pasta definitely hits way more but he also turns over the puck more
Not so sure I'm only half right. Drai actually has more turnovers than Pasta:

Pasta career turnovers 634
Drai career turnovers 724

Last season Pasta had 109 turnovers and Drai had 102, so yeah last season Pasta had a few more turnovers, but per game played career Drai has more than Pasta -- Drai 1.11 turnovers per game, Pasta 1.04 per game career. Drai is already ahead of Pasta this season in turnovers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Pretty funny listening to TSN Overdrive ( Toronto ) host Brian Hayes predicting that Bergeron returns to Boston next Feb. The other 2 guys, both ex NHL players said that it wouldn't shock them if it happened with the way the Bruins are looking this year.

I'm torn over this.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Please continue.

thanks @DominicT

From the article:

"The most glaring decision comes when Grzelcyk is cleared. Mitchell has been serviceable as the seventh defenceman. Nothing spectacular, just going about doing his job quietly. Which brings us to Mason Lohrei. While he’s had a few shaky moments, you can see his confidence growing with each passing period of hockey. Lohrei needs to be playing, either in Boston or Providence to continue to develop. He doesn’t require waivers but he also shouldn’t be the 7th defenceman in Boston."

I hate, just hate this upcoming decision. I respect Gryz and his game, but is he going to win you a Stanley Cup with his 5'9" frame playing in a top 2 defensive role? NOPE, NOPE NO! Ain't going to happen! Already seen how that plays out.

So, due to loyalty and cap considerations, you are going to send Lohrei down, when he clearly needs to be playing in the NHL. He oozes talent and size and is going to be a top 4 D-man by the end of this season.

Gotta keep Gryz over Lohrei, well because you know his dad was a part of the bull gang. The family bleeds black and gold. Ugh!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
From the article:

"The most glaring decision comes when Grzelcyk is cleared. Mitchell has been serviceable as the seventh defenceman. Nothing spectacular, just going about doing his job quietly. Which brings us to Mason Lohrei. While he’s had a few shaky moments, you can see his confidence growing with each passing period of hockey. Lohrei needs to be playing, either in Boston or Providence to continue to develop. He doesn’t require waivers but he also shouldn’t be the 7th defenceman in Boston."

I hate, just hate this upcoming decision. I respect Gryz and his game, but is he going to win you a Stanley Cup with his 5'9" frame playing in a top 2 defensive role? NOPE, NOPE NO! Ain't going to happen! Already seen how that plays out.

So, due to loyalty and cap considerations, you are going to send Lohrei down, when he clearly needs to be playing in the NHL. He oozes talent and size and is going to be a top 4 D-man by the end of this season.

Gotta keep Gryz over Lohrei, well because you know his dad was a part of the bull gang. The family bleeds black and gold. Ugh!
The nerve of Grizz to even consider being an NHL player when he’s so embarrassingly short. It’s disgusting.

That being said, he could play 3RD and the Bruins could send Mitchell down. Doesn’t solve for the unfortunate fact that someone so painfully short is trying to play NHL hockey and the Bruins are only playing him because of nepotism, but it lets you keep Lohrei with McAvoy

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Pretty funny listening to TSN Overdrive ( Toronto ) host Brian Hayes predicting that Bergeron returns to Boston next Feb. The other 2 guys, both ex NHL players said that it wouldn't shock them if it happened with the way the Bruins are looking this year.
On one hand, I dont think this happens. On the other hand, I'd find it very funny to see Marchand out there with the C and Bergy with just an A.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My wish is they trade out a F and a D to get back a very physical F or D (who can play third pair or third line) in return.

Frederic or Lauko seem to make the most sense up front.

Grzekcyk or Forbort on the back end.

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
My wish is they trade out a F and a D to get back a very physical F or D (who can play third pair or third line) in return.

Still have hopes Looch can teach Freddy to be more of a physical presence but I agree we need toughness on forward line 3 and one on the third pair D however it happens....Gryz is the logical choice to replace with a physical D .... man we were spoiled over the years with some tough hombres in the top six (Neeley and Looch)... they are rare breeds ...but I'm sure we can manage to put a physical presence on the 3rd line as well as the 3rd pairing D

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
From the article:

or, you know... they're not playing for the Stanley Cup next week and they aren't going to lose a top 4 defenseman for nothing in November

if your whole goal is to get more physical why are you trying to trade 2 of our most physical forwards? Just help me understand how that is what makes the "most sense" in the context of your wish

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

How would it work in theory for either 37 or 46 if one of them wanted to even do that? What's the deadline on them joining the roster to be in the playoffs this year?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
or, you know... they're not playing for the Stanley Cup next week and they aren't going to lose a top 4 defenseman for nothing in November

if your whole goal is to get more physical why are you trying to trade 2 of our most physical forwards? Just help me understand how that is what makes the "most sense" in the context of your wish

First…..they’d only be trading one of them and the goal is to get someone back who is much more physical, and might actually intimidate, throw a big hit or fight.

Frederic has now entered the realm of “physical in theory only”.

No idea what’s happened to him but he went from being a guy who challenged the Rangers bench, to a guy who doesn’t even seem interested in fighting to stick up for a teammate.

Lauko, eh…I like him, and I guess for this team he passes for physical, but I wouldn’t miss him.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
From the article:

Bruins D should be

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm- Catlo
Grzelcyk- Shattenkirk
Forbort

Mitchell is 8th guy

Bruins won games 3 & 4 IN FLORIDA with Grzelcyk in lineup by 10-4. I have tape - he was good !!!!

No one here ever mentions Clifton because he’s Cliffy hockey !!!! Be sucked - he was 1 Gazillion times worse then Grzelcyk in playoffs - 11 goals scored by Florida last four periods he played against Panthers- third period game 2 and game 6

Watch game 6 folks Clifton directly led to 4 goals in that game- a horrible penalty they scored on and -3 as he couldn’t play with Orlov had no confidence, zigged when should of zagged and was quoted it was the worst game he ever played

Yet he’s 5’11 and every now and then lights up someone

I like Clifton but to even put him in the conversation with Grzelcyk is ridiculous

I’m so sick of Grzelcyk can’t play in playoffs against heavy teams when Boston won 8 straight in 2019 against Columbus (3), Carolina (4), and Blues

In the story line the killer is Clifton and has been yet everyone jumps to Grzelcyk

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Frederic and Laukko should not be on the list . I understand Forbort being on there for cap reasons, for play reasons it should be Shattenkirk.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

you nailed it.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
First…..they’d only be trading one of them and the goal is to get someone back who is much more physical, and might actually intimidate, throw a big hit or fight.

Frederic has now entered the realm of “physical in theory only”.

No idea what’s happened to him but he went from being a guy who challenged the Rangers bench, to a guy doesn’t even seem interested in fighting to stick up for a teammate.

Lauko, eh…I like him, and I guess for this team he passes for physical, but I wouldn’t miss him.
Frederic is playing some pretty good hockey, not looking to move him to satisfy your need to see him fight, you want to watch hockey fights subscribe to YouTube.

Reactions: dangermike

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Two guys I would love the B's to have for bottom pair and 4th line are Nicklas Hague and Keegan Kolesar, if could fine a way to trade for them at a decent price, that would add some size and nasty to our lineup.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Frederic is playing some pretty good hockey, not looking to move him to satisfy your need to see him fight, you want to watch hockey fights subscribe to YouTube.

Fight?

That seems like it’s entirely out of the question right now.

I‘d settle for him throwing a hit where the other guy seems mildly inconvenienced.

He‘s a mediocre player overall, who for some reason has decided that he’s not going to be physical.

Dime a dozen guy.

I don’t hate him, but you’ve got to give to get.

If he and Forbort or Grzelcyk can bring back a legit tough guy who can play, it serves two purposes.

1. Adds toughness
2. Thins the herd (roster logjam)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bruins D should be

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm- Catlo
Grzelcyk- Shattenkirk
Forbort

Mitchell is 8th guy

Bruins won games 3 & 4 IN FLORIDA with Grzelcyk in lineup by 10-4. I have tape - he was good !!!!

No one here ever mentions Clifton because he’s Cliffy hockey !!!! Be sucked - he was 1 Gazillion times worse then Grzelcyk in playoffs - 11 goals scored by Florida last four periods he played against Panthers- third period game 2 and game 6

Watch game 6 folks Clifton directly led to 4 goals in that game- a horrible penalty they scored on and -3 as he couldn’t play with Orlov had no confidence, zigged when should of zagged and was quoted it was the worst game he ever played

Yet he’s 5’11 and every now and then lights up someone

I like Clifton but to even put him in the conversation with Grzelcyk is ridiculous

I’m so sick of Grzelcyk can’t play in playoffs against heavy teams when Boston won 8 straight in 2019 against Columbus (3), Carolina (4), and Blues

In the story line the killer is Clifton and has been yet everyone jumps to Grzelcyk

Hell, they don’t even need to go back to game 6 of the playoffs. They can go to last nights game.

Clifton was the worst player on the ice for either team last night and there wasn’t anyone even close to as bad as he was last night.

I know he has his following here because at times he provided offense and he hit, but he is one of the worst defensive zone defenders in the NHL. Goalies have an .856 sv% with him on the ice even strength this year. That is impossibly bad

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It wouldn't shock me.

But I just don't see him doing it.

Would I love it though? Absof***inglutely

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Frederic is playing great hockey and is a big reason that line is being very effective. I quite honestly don’t get how people can watch him and not see that, except those who seem quite bloodthirsty lately.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad