Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Roobroeck wanted all of the smoke yesterday. He hasn't had an overly physical or mean playoff run so far but Ottawa tried to engage with him yesterday and he was more than willing to answer the bell. Played with a bug up his ass for this one after the fight that @GAGLine mentioned including smoking someone in the face off of a face off that was 100000% a penalty that went uncalled.

More of a FAFO approach than going out there and trying to impose his will but thats a good thing because theres more to his game than just that.
Not projecting he is another Clark Gilles by any means, but that’s vary much in the same vein. Teams would always regret getting Gilles angry. Best leave him be.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Roobroeck\Oshawa with full week off,
3 of 4 OHL round 2 series were sweeps
BMB's Soo tied 2-2, so will go at least 6 games

Eastern Conference Championship Series
(1) Oshawa Generals vs. (2) North Bay Battalion

Game 1 – Friday, April 26 at Oshawa, 7:35pm
Game 2 – Sunday, April 28 at Oshawa, 6:05pm
Game 3 – Monday, April 29 at North Bay, 7:00pm
Game 4 – Wednesday, May 1 at North Bay, 7:00pm
Game 5 – Friday, May 3 at Oshawa, 7:35pm*
Game 6 – Sunday, May 5 at North Bay, 2:00pm*
Game 7 – Monday, May 6 at Oshawa, 7:05pm* *- if necessary

Eastern Conference – Round 2
(1) Oshawa Generals vs. (6) Ottawa 67’s –
Oshawa wins series 4-0
(2) North Bay Battalion vs. (5) Sudbury Wolves – North Bay wins series 4-0

Western Conference – Round 2
(1) London Knights) vs. (4) Kitchener Rangers –
London wins series 4-0

(2) Saginaw Spirit vs. (3) Soo Greyhounds – Series tied 2-2
Game 1 – Sault Ste. Marie 0 at Saginaw 4 (SAG: Oke 39 SV SO / Haight 1G)
Game 2 – Sault Ste. Marie 5 at Saginaw 2 (SOO: D’Intino 3G / Kudryavtsev 2A)
Game 3 – Saginaw 7 at Sault Ste. Marie 2 (SAG: Mangone 2G / Lalonde 21 SV)
Game 4 – Saginaw 0 at Sault Ste. Marie 4 (SOO: Schenkel 27 SV SO / McConnell-Barker 2G, 1A)
Game 5 – Friday, April 19 at Saginaw, 7:05pm
Game 6 – Sunday, April 21 at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07pm
Game 7 – Tuesday, April 23 at Saginaw, 7:05pm* *- if necessary

2024 OHL Playoff Tracker - Ontario Hockey League

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It would be great if both Oshawa and Soo make it to the finals. We'd be guaranteed then that one of Roobroeck or Barker would play in the Memorial Cup.

Reactions: egelband and cwede

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rempe is clearly not just a goon but I think Edstrom and Roobroeck have a lot more scoring potential than him. Those three could make a ridiculously scary 4th line

They are different kinds of players. I look at Rempe kind of like a version of Nick Fotiu. Nick was a 4th liner but he was super tough and he could skate, hit and fight and he loved doing all of that and there were teams that were really wary of him (Dave Schultz even said in his bio that he was the one player he was scared of) but he had limited hand skills and never really rose above the 4th line but he was still a very valuable player and beloved by his teammates and fans wherever he played and MSG would really buzz when he was going pretty much like with Rempe now.....and maybe it's just me but a really good 4th liner if he accepts and fills his role can be as valuable or even more valuable than a mediocre or average 3rd liner who might produce more but doesn't have as much as far as intangibles for his role on the team.

Production isn't the last word on everything. And there are games where Rempe plays only 5 or 6 minutes but he still manages to have a major effect on the outcome and mostly so far it's been in a positive way. I wouldn't say that after one game he's in the Caps heads but it does look like it might go that way. He's shown he can be a big distraction for the other team.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Here is Roobroeck's fight from Game 4:

Jeez. I don't think that other dude was much of a fighter. Roo looked like he was just asking him do you really wanna do this.

Love the type of players the staff is targeting. I've thought for a few years now that since the game is still hockey after all, that a team that could match the skating and speed of the new world and still be big and mean, would just run over teams. Rempe, Edstrom, Roo, Cuylle, Othmann, Schneider, Miller, etc.. Sprinkle in those tenacious guys like Berard, Trocheck, even Laf. Team could be a real handful for a long time.

Of course, many of these guys still have to make it, but I like that we have a pool of tough customers for once that can play instead of watching these guys beat us up all the time. Haha

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Jeez. I don't think that other dude was much of a fighter. Roo looked like he was just asking him do you really wanna do this.

Love the type of players the staff is targeting. I've thought for a few years now that since the game is still hockey after all, that a team that could match the skating and speed of the new world and still be big and mean, would just run over teams. Rempe, Edstrom, Roo, Cuylle, Othmann, Schneider, Miller, etc.. Sprinkle in those tenacious guys like Berard, Trocheck, even Laf. Team could be a real handful for a long time.

Of course, many of these guys still have to make it, but I like that we have a pool of tough customers for once that can play instead of watching these guys beat us up all the time. Haha

Quite a lot of it is a reach thing. Dylan holds him out at length. Their arms are locked up for a while and then once Dylan got a hand free it was all over for Hilton. Hilton's only chance was right at the beginning if he could have got something in before they clinched. He went up against a much bigger opponent and most of the time size matters.

What I got from that is Dylan has a clue how to use his reach and that these things don't bother him much.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England

I love a team that's good at hockey. Good fundamentals, good skill in the top 9 and a 4th line that can actually skate the puck up the ice and get a shot on net past the dmen, good defensive positioning and awareness by the Fs, dmen that actually play defense AND can transition (in that order) and of course a consistently consistent goalie.

If you can assemble and keep a roster like that, IMO the magic ingredient is size and physicality both during play and after the whistle.

And guess what? It looks like we're getting there which is remarkable considering we've been in the POs 15 of the last 20 seasons. And over these 20 years have only missed the POs 2 seasons in a row so we've not had the benefit of 5 consecutive tank seasons.

This is a well run franchise.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The organization got a lot of grief and ridicule in initial reactions for drafting all three off Edstrom, Rempe and Roobroeck. Think these naysayers learned their lesson to keep the criticism to themselves until there’s at least D+1 progress available? Doubtful

Was the reaction to Edstrom bad?

I know it was for Rempe and Roobroeck.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Was the reaction to Edstrom bad?

I know it was for Rempe and Roobroeck.
Do you even need to ask? lol (everyone wants 5’10” forward but if the choice is 5’7” waterbug or 6’7” treetrunk, our more opinionated fanbase is a lot more accepting of the former)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The organization got a lot of grief and ridicule in initial reactions for drafting all three off Edstrom, Rempe and Roobroeck. Think these naysayers learned their lesson to keep the criticism to themselves until there’s at least D+1 progress available? Doubtful

Don't forget Chmelař who was ridiculed for not even being ranked.

So-called experts who pretend to watch 800 prospects every year and have rankings as if it matters, always f***ing miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad