Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Roobroeck is tied for the OHL playoff scoring lead with 13.

8 games which is 1 or 2 more than some of the other guys but hes also tops on his team which is nice. He's not the prospect Ritchie (Col 1st rounder last year, he's good) or Sennecke (who I really like, gives me Alex Tuch vibes, Won't be surprised if he's a top 12 selection this year) are but hes been on an absolute tear scoring wise for a while now and it's great to see it carry over to the playoffs.

I've caught 3.5 Gens playoff games and he's really interesting. His hands are much better than you'd think and he is capable of making some really nifty plays. That strip and dish he made the other night is a pretty high level play and it wasn't just a prayer pass that connected, he knew what he was doing.

Really good defensive positioning and it helps that he's f***ing huge. Someone made the Boyle comp. That would be a home run outcome but stylistically i see it with the added caveat that he has more natural snarl to his game.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015

8 games which is 1 or 2 more than some of the other guys but hes also tops on his team which is nice. He's not the prospect Ritchie (Col 1st rounder last year, he's good) or Sennecke (who I really like, gives me Alex Tuch vibes, Won't be surprised if he's a top 12 selection this year) are but hes been on an absolute tear scoring wise for a while now and it's great to see it carry over to the playoffs.

I've caught 3.5 Gens playoff games and he's really interesting. His hands are much better than you'd think and he is capable of making some really nifty plays. That strip and dish he made the other night is a pretty high level play and it wasn't just a prayer pass that connected, he knew what he was doing.

Really good defensive positioning and it helps that he's f***ing huge. Someone made the Boyle comp. That would be a home run outcome but stylistically i see it with the added caveat that he has more natural snarl to his game.
Oshawa wins 6-1 to take a 2-0 lead. Roebroeck with another goal and primary assist giving him 5 goals and 8 assists in the OHL playoffs as GoAwayPanarin notes above. I saw him in one regular season game at the end of the year and I agree that he has offensive skills and is huge and used his size to his advantage at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Colorado College built their team basically exclusively through the USHL. A lot of unheralded guys. Laba was one of them. He's probably very comfortable there. Most of their forwards are coming back. They were losing several defensemen but I saw they recruited Brady Cleveland away from Wisconsin which is a good get for them.

I could see him wanting to do another year there with his guys, after coming so close to the tournament this year. Or, maybe he just wants to finish his academic year and then he'll sign. Who knows.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I would very much like us to sign Dylan. He really came on in the second half and it's carrying over into the playoffs. I think he would be eligible for the AHL next year though and that can be a big step. Most CHL players have to adapt their games a bit but I would be cautiously optimistic that Dylan would do okay and having a physical component to his game certainly won't hurt.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The NCAA is going to adopt a rule that will basically allow anyone to transfer multiple times without sitting out a year. A few years ago they adopted a rule that allowed players to transfer once without sitting out, but you'd still generally have to sit out a year if you transferred a second time. That's no longer going to be the case. This is very unlikely to affect any of our current prospects, but could be something to monitor moving forward.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Brett Berard’s brother, Brady, just transferred out of Providence and is heading to BC. He’s 20 and his stats arent very good.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The NCAA is going to adopt a rule that will basically allow anyone to transfer multiple times without sitting out a year. A few years ago they adopted a rule that allowed players to transfer once without sitting out, but you'd still generally have to sit out a year if you transferred a second time. That's no longer going to be the case. This is very unlikely to affect any of our current prospects, but could be something to monitor moving forward.
There's also talk about letting CHL players play at NCAA programs. There are some logistics to work out such as whether a drafted CHL player stays the property of the team that drafted them or whether they become free agents two years after being drafted while in the CHL. The courts have been striking down all restrictions of movement that the NCAA tries to impose. The NCAA does not allow players from the CHL to play in the NCAA because they are "pros."

Reactions: egelband

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
There's also talk about letting CHL players play at NCAA programs. There are some logistics to work out such as whether a drafted CHL player stays the property of the team that drafted them or whether they become free agents two years after being drafted while in the CHL. The courts have been striking down all restrictions of movement that the NCAA tries to impose. The NCAA does not allow players from the CHL to play in the NCAA because they are "pros."
Why would it be two years after being drafted? Players drafted out of college are usually UFA after 4.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah with the NIL ruling the distinction between pro and amateur is basically non-existent. So, it makes sense that this would happen. And I'm generally in favor of allowing the kids and young adults more freedom of choice.

With that said, if guys were allowed to go play in the CHL and then later enroll in college, that would be a big blow to the USHL. While most of the top talent in the USHL is of course in the USNTDP, there are still lots of guys drafted each year from the USHL, including Canadian kids and an increasing amount of European kids. I would think if the CHL leagues were an option for them, a lot would choose to go play there before college, rather than the USHL. I'm a fan of USA Hockey so I don't think I like that.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Why would it be two years after being drafted? Players drafted out of college are usually UFA after 4.
If they're drafted while they are playing Canadian Junior Hockey teams have two years to sign them. What happens if a Canadian junior player is drafted so the team gets his right for two years but then he goes to play NCAA hockey? Does the team lose the rights to the player or does the team keep the rights while the player is playing NCAA hockey?

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance Perreault becomes a center at the pro level due to his hockey IQ and smarts and maybe they work on his faceoffs? Kevin Hayes was a winger at college that turned center at the pro level. Perreault’s dad did play center in the NHL. I know he is a RW but I have seen him take faceoffs at times.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
If they're drafted while they are playing Canadian Junior Hockey teams have two years to sign them. What happens if a Canadian junior player is drafted so the team gets his right for two years but then he goes to play NCAA hockey? Does the team lose the rights to the player or does the team keep the rights while the player is playing NCAA hockey?
Players drafted out of the CHL go back into the draft after two years… they aren’t UFA. Why wouldn’t these playerS do the same? Or have to do four years in college? Then be UFA. I don’t see the logic in becoming UFA after two years.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Players drafted out of the CHL go back into the draft after two years… they aren’t UFA. Why wouldn’t these playerS do the same? Or have to do four years in college? Then be UFA. I don’t see the logic in becoming UFA after two years.
they definitely shouldn't be UFAs. the college players don't become UFAs cause there are special rules for college players, its because after 4 years they are too old and no longer eligible for the draft.

I agree with the comment that the rules likely need to be changed cause you can't sign a guy while he's in college so its not fair if you lose his rights cause he left juniors for college. but the draft status is based on the age of the player at the time his rights expire.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Any chance Perreault becomes a center at the pro level due to his hockey IQ and smarts and maybe they work on his faceoffs? Kevin Hayes was a winger at college that turned center at the pro level. Perreault’s dad did play center in the NHL. I know he is a RW but I have seen him take faceoffs at times.
If he can improve his skating maybe. Alot more ice to cover at C.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad