Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers have drafted 5 guys since 2019 in the 6th round and three of them are 6'7 or better and two of them already have impressed at the NHL level---Edstrom, Rempe and the other guy that size is Roobroeck who started coming on really strong in the second half this year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Is he old enough to sign in HFD yet? He'll be 20 in the summer.
Once his OHL season is over, he is no longer obligated to play in the OHL. He could go back for an overage year, but that seems unlikely. If Hartford is still playing after his OHL team is done, maybe he joins them on an ATO, but more likely he will be signed and start with Hartford next season.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Once his OHL season is over, he is no longer obligated to play in the OHL. He could go back for an overage year, but that seems unlikely. If Hartford is still playing after his OHL team is done, maybe he joins them on an ATO, but more likely he will be signed and start with Hartford next season.

Would he be compared to a bigger version of Will Cuylle someone with skill or is he another enforcer type ?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Would he be compared to a bigger version of Will Cuylle someone with skill or is he another enforcer type ?
I don't watch him outside of the highlights, but he clearly has skill. The question is how that skill will translate to higher levels, and we won't really know until he gets there.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I don't watch him outside of the highlights, but he clearly has skill. The question is how that skill will translate to higher levels, and we won't really know until he gets there.
With Roobroeck, Edstrom, and Rempe, I want to see them all use their body better. Rempe gets pinned against the boards a little too easily but I guess Ovechkin dumped Chara into the bench before... These NHL players are so strong that I might unfairly expect the bigger dude to be able to bull through the boards a bit more easily.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
hell of a stretch pass from gabe from his own zone to the far blue snapped on the tape to smith for an early breakaway but denver's goalie is nasty...he made that save look easy

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
With Roobroeck, Edstrom, and Rempe, I want to see them all use their body better. Rempe gets pinned against the boards a little too easily but I guess Ovechkin dumped Chara into the bench before... These NHL players are so strong that I might unfairly expect the bigger dude to be able to bull through the boards a bit more easily.
He’s still a kid. Wait two years. He’ll be a monster.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW Chara was a 3rd rounder and what I remember from back then he was considered a reach where he was taken. He was in the NHL fairly soon after he was drafted but his first few years with the Islanders he was an awkward and clumsy skater and his balance wasn't great not all that unlike what we see from Rempe today except Matthew's got a lot more speed. Chara wasn't a very good fighter either somewhat because of his skating issues though to be fair when he broke in the NHL was a way tougher and nastier league than it is now. Every team back then it seems had two/three legitimate tough guys and a few even more.

I would expect Rempe to become stronger and more balanced on his skates in the next couple/three years. I'm also thinking he's going to get even heavier. Where he is now is kind of at the beginning of things though he has made quite a lot of progress already since we drafted him. This experience though should make him even hungrier to work harder and smarter to get better. If he's having such a blast like he told Emily Kaplan after the fight with Deslauriers he won't want it to go away.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Several players in the tournament have decided to end they're playing career in the NCAA and head to an NHL team. It appears that Perreault does not have these plans in mind as he is expected to remain with Boston College for the next two to three seasons before signing his entry level contract.

Having lost in such a bitter defeat, it's likely Perreault will take some time to ponder his future and then make an announcement within the next few days.

FB_IMG_1713134783464.jpg

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Several players in the tournament have decided to end they're playing career in the NCAA and head to an NHL team. It appears that Perreault does not have these plans in mind as he is expected to remain with Boston College for the next two to three seasons before signing his entry level contract.

Having lost in such a bitter defeat, it's likely Perreault will take some time to ponder his future and then make an announcement within the next few days.

View attachment 851840
Don't believe everything you read.

That article cites a tweet from some random dude with 512 followers.

On top of that, the article doesn't even quote the tweet correctly. The tweet says, "The plan is for him to play 2-3 years at BC", but then the article says 2-3 MORE years.

I think it's likely that he plays for BC next year and signs at the end of the season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sennecke (Roobroeck's draft eligible teammate) is impressive.

Wish we had the opportunity to take him because I think he checks a ton of boxes. He'll go before the Rangers get to pick though.

Reactions: Leetch3

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Don't believe everything you read.

That article cites a tweet from some random dude with 512 followers.

On top of that, the article doesn't even quote the tweet correctly. The tweet says, "The plan is for him to play 2-3 years at BC", but then the article says 2-3 MORE years.

I think it's likely that he plays for BC next year and signs at the end of the season.
Saw it the same way.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I almost never argue for a guy going back to juniors for an over-age year, but Roobroeck is a good candidate. It wasn't until the end of this season that the offense really clicked for him, and it could be beneficial for him long term to go back for another season where he can focus primarily on that aspect of his game.

If he went to Hartford he'd have a limited role and be asked to play a real two-way game or even go to Cincinnati.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad