2023-2024 Playoff Tracker - updated after each DET game

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who should we get at 12 Iginla?
I honestly don't care who Detroit drafts at all going forward. My expectations for the remaining draft picks of this rebuild have a ceiling of bottom half of the lineup NHL players, so the more often the Wings package draft picks to land actual top half of the lineup NHL players, the better.

Reactions: lilidk

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
This team is completely unserious if I see Petry in the lineup Saturday. He’s not better than even Holl and if walman is healthy both those bozos should be out. I’m sure it will be Ed that’s out though.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Editing…

After CAR game…

TeamWin %PtsGRSunMonTuesWedThurFridSat
MET3WSH.5628110BOS
WC2PHI.554828CHI
DET.541799FLA
NYI.5357710TBL
NJD.521769BUF
PIT.5147410CBJ
BUF.500739NJDTOR

TBL / WC1 has been removed.

Detroit Red Wings Playoff Chances​

Lost to Hurricanes 0-4, playoff odds down 5.9 to 38.1%
79 points 36 30-7
INterestingly enough, only going down 6% is not as big of a deal.

As of now, it kind of feels like philly is going to drop, washington goes to met3 for playoffs and we have to fight philly for the last spot. Then again, philly has the easiest schedule of all 3 of us so who knows.

It would be hilarious if philly lost to chicago, while we will definitely lose to florida. The two games philly loses are on the same game days as us that we play the best teams in the league. lmao.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
both the Flyers and Capitals lost too so the Wings Playoff chances didn't actually go down all that much today in theory

tough to see the Wings winning enough games at this point though even if this joke of a 2nd wild card spot does only end up taking like 90 points
yes they did. The Islanders won, and suddenly the Devils are alive again after winning 4 of their last 5.

this whole thread has become irrelevent though, like weve won what 3 of the last 15 games lol. The team threw in the towel weeks ago. There is no intensity or work ethic from them. Bunch of spoiled millionaires wondering what theyll do with their 5 month offseason.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This team is completely unserious if I see Petry in the lineup Saturday. He’s not better than even Holl and if walman is healthy both those bozos should be out. I’m sure it will be Ed that’s out though.

I kinda hope they do sit Petry and give Holl all his minutes just so people can see what Holl looks like at 19 minutes of TOI. On the off chance Holl turns into an NHL d-man again it'll be a nice problem to have.

Don't get me wrong, Petry was awful last game. The upside of signing all these vets is supposed to be they won't make stupid rookie mistakes. Petry's never going to be a great defender at this point, but he shouldn't be the one watching his man skate out from behind the net wide open to score a goal. But Holl is even worse.

I'm guessing Lalonde went 11-7 to help keep all the Dmen's minutes down but it seems to create more confusion than it helps. Just keep these guys with the same D partners for chrissakes.

Reactions: 14ari13

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Looks like we need 6 wins out of 9 to have a good chance of getting in. (75% chance on that odds site).

@ FLA
@ TBL
NYR
BUF
WSH
@ PIT
@ TOR
@ MTL
MTL

- Colored are lower winning %s.
- Bolded (WSH) is fighting to get in playoffs. Some others are jockeying for playoff position, but nothing desperate.

Give us your prediction.

Last edited:
Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
@ FLA Loss
@ TBL Loss
NYR Loss
BUF Win
WSH Win
@ PIT Win
@ TOR Loss
@ MTL OTL
MTL Win
9-0
1711767355780.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I kinda hope they do sit Petry and give Holl all his minutes just so people can see what Holl looks like at 19 minutes of TOI. On the off chance Holl turns into an NHL d-man again it'll be a nice problem to have.

Don't get me wrong, Petry was awful last game. The upside of signing all these vets is supposed to be they won't make stupid rookie mistakes. Petry's never going to be a great defender at this point, but he shouldn't be the one watching his man skate out from behind the net wide open to score a goal. But Holl is even worse.

I'm guessing Lalonde went 11-7 to help keep all the Dmen's minutes down but it seems to create more confusion than it helps. Just keep these guys with the same D partners for chrissakes.
It just created more confusion to already a discombobulated team.

Petry as many other players plays above/far above his role.
It is our forwards who play bad defence, it is not our defenders who play bad defence.
2 goals vs caps and 1st one vs canes is on forwards not defenders.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
NJD lost last night. So basically it is 4 teams now fighting for 2 spots.

Tonight, the flyers have an easy game while we, Caps and NYI face tough opponents.
Flyers lost to a team they were supposed to beat in their last game. The pressure might be catching up to them.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
So looks like we will need to catch fire and go on one of those 8-0 or 7-0-1 stretches to make it since we don't control our outcome anymore. It's enough to keep me interested and that glimmer of hope, if we do miss it will be a sour taste but still lots of positives but also maybe even more questions than we anticipated. Should be a fun off season regardless, just hope we can somehow delay it by a few games, somehow.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
So looks like we will need to catch fire and go on one of those 8-0 or 7-0-1 stretches to make it since we don't control our outcome anymore. It's enough to keep me interested and that glimmer of hope, if we do miss it will be a sour taste but still lots of positives but also maybe even more questions than we anticipated. Should be a fun off season regardless, just hope we can somehow delay it by a few games, somehow.
Why would they need to go on such a run when they are so close? And Philly is falling

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Why would they need to go on such a run when they are so close? And Philly is falling

I mean technically we need a couple points to make it in but whats our record the last 15 or so? 8 games left leaves basically bare minimum room for error. You can't expect the other teams to continue to miss opportunities like we have. Washington has 2 in hand, Philly is 2 points up and Isles can leap us if they take care of games in hand. I'm pretty glass is half full but we have arrived at the shit or get off the pot point of the year.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I mean technically we need a couple points to make it in but whats our record the last 15 or so? 8 games left leaves basically bare minimum room for error. You can't expect the other teams to continue to miss opportunities like we have. Washington has 2 in hand, Philly is 2 points up and Isles can leap us if they take care of games in hand. I'm pretty glass is half full but we have arrived at the shit or get off the pot point of the year.

I feel like the bubble playoff teams are all trying to torture their fans.

"Who's gonna back their way into the playoffs?! It'll come down to the last ugly game!"

• Love
Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I feel like the bubble playoff teams are all trying to torture their fans.

"Who's gonna back their way into the playoffs?! It'll come down to the last ugly game!"

I haven't completely gave up on hope for the post season but I've been flirting with it as a fan. If they miss it by a point or 2 it will feel like death by 1000 paper cuts but somehow still be an improvement overall from last season. Torture is how it feels at times lately. That St Louis game where they dominated feels like it was last season almost.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
True, i still think they get in, mostly because the other teams all suck too lol

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I just wanna be in or out before those Montreal games, don't make this that painful. Didn't we lose the last two games of the season, the last time we made the playoffs? While some other team lost and let us in?

Reactions: norrisnick

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
I could see them going 6-2 or 5-3 and sneaking in, and I could also see them being lucky to win 2 games and we're all rooting for them to lose to Montreal on the last day to get the 11th pick instead of the 13th pick in the draft.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I just wanna be in or out before those Montreal games, don't make this that painful. Didn't we lose the last two games of the season, the last time we made the playoffs? While some other team lost and let us in?
If I remember correctly, we needed Nashville to lose. I was checking my phone nonstop while out with friends that evening.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
If I remember correctly, we needed Nashville to lose. I was checking my phone nonstop while out with friends that evening.
I looked it up, we made it in the 3rd division seed despite losing our last two. Boston lost their last game of the season, and we both ended with 93 points. We had the tie breaker.

Then we got pumped by Tampa in 5.

Reactions: DatsDeking

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
True, i still think they get in, mostly because the other teams all suck too lol

No one stinks as much as us lately and that's what matters down the stretch. We can get hotter than any of those other teams but the runway is running out and they can still win out and miss is the problem. Crazier things have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad