2023 - 2024 OOT Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Watching this Chicago game and heard Hoelscher.

First thought was is that who I think it is? Sure enough it’s Mitchell Hoelscher who the Devils drafted in 2018? 2017? but never signed

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick has been lit up for 3 in the first.

Rangers are in deep shit if Shesterkin misses time
Qremains is an embarassment to not only the position, but NHL level hockey and has been since last year. He's been really bad for 4 of the last 5 years, but was a whole new level of bad last year, after an outlier up season (FLUKE) in 2021-2022.

I went over his goals allowed, which sometimes mean nothing because he doesn't look like he allows a lot of bad goals and it's been this way since his decline started. That's because his play style makes him look like he has no chance on most of these goals, because he doesn't give himself any chance on the goals because he flops too much and overplays everything. And he shoots himself all over the place and leaves all kinds of empty nets because of this. He didn't do this too much in his prime, but one time that he did was the first 2 games of the Sharks series where the Kings came back to reverse sweep in 2014. He looked like an old man on both goals 2 and 3. Like an emergency last minute signed EBUG. An OLD EBUG. That's exactly how he looked last year. He really looked old and putrid and possibly unplugged controller-like on goal 2 and goal 3 was a wraparound where he was too slow.

I've been ROASTING this signing since it was made, but nope, the Rangers had to sign some worthless has-been because he really wanted to play there and grew up rooting for them. This is possibly one of the stupidest legacy has-been signings the Rangers have made since the 40-something year old four year reunion tour they did with Messier in the early 00s.

I would not be the least bit shocked to see Domingue as their backup before the season ends, and it may not be because Quick wasn't healthy either. This has potential to really be like when Marty Biron gave up 8 goals to the Sharks (4 to Hertl) and I think only lasted 3 games into the 13-14 season before retiring, which caused Cam Talbot's entry into the league. Maybe it goes on for the first couple of months, like Nabokov's Lightning stint in 13-14, which was the cause for Vasilevskiy's entrance into the league.

I'm pretty comfortable with labelling him the worst goalie in the NHL right now. At least of the full time NHL goalies. Maybe there's a couple of call ups/AHL third stringers who are worse, and they're probably not even worse than he is. Some guys are just bad and suck, but he's just very old and extremely washed. He really has no business doing NHL hockey for a living anymore. He's around because of who he USED to be.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
Qremains is an embarassment to not only the position, but NHL level hockey and has been since last year. He's been really bad for 4 of the last 5 years, but was a whole new level of bad last year, after an outlier up season (FLUKE) in 2021-2022.

I went over his goals allowed, which sometimes mean nothing because he doesn't look like he allows a lot of bad goals and it's been this way since his decline started. That's because his play style makes him look like he has no chance on most of these goals, because he doesn't give himself any chance on the goals because he flops too much and overplays everything. And he shoots himself all over the place and leaves all kinds of empty nets because of this. He didn't do this too much in his prime, but one time that he did was the first 2 games of the Sharks series where the Kings came back to reverse sweep in 2014. He looked like an old man on both goals 2 and 3. Like an emergency last minute signed EBUG. An OLD EBUG. That's exactly how he looked last year. He really looked old and putrid and possibly unplugged controller-like on goal 2 and goal 3 was a wraparound where he was too slow.

I've been ROASTING this signing since it was made, but nope, the Rangers had to sign some worthless has-been because he really wanted to play there and grew up rooting for them. This is possibly one of the stupidest legacy has-been signings the Rangers have made since the 40-something year old four year reunion tour they did with Messier in the early 00s.

I would not be the least bit shocked to see Domingue as their backup before the season ends, and it may not be because Quick wasn't healthy either. This has potential to really be like when Marty Biron gave up 8 goals to the Sharks (4 to Hertl) and I think only lasted 3 games into the 13-14 season before retiring, which caused Cam Talbot's entry into the league. Maybe it goes on for the first couple of months, like Nabokov's Lightning stint in 13-14, which was the cause for Vasilevskiy's entrance into the league.

I'm pretty comfortable with labelling him the worst goalie in the NHL right now. At least of the full time NHL goalies. Maybe there's a couple of call ups/AHL third stringers who are worse, and they're probably not even worse than he is. Some guys are just bad and suck, but he's just very old and extremely washed. He really has no business doing NHL hockey for a living anymore. He's around because of who he USED to be.
I’m sorry, can you repeat that? I wasn’t listening.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackwood was having a pretty good game, but then he allowed a pretty crummy goal on a long wrist shot from the high slot in OT.

This was another game where he couldn’t stay above .900% in the game for very long, though I didn’t think the first three goals were bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel so bad for Sharks fans having to deal with our lower part of our roster from last year. I really hope Muk becomes an absolute stud for them.
I wish they had him last year.

We wouldn’t have had to deal with him and his bullshit play (imagine he had a good regular season finale and started game 3 and 4 against the Rangers? Maybe a sweep?) and the Sharks (hopefully) get Bedard.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do the Predators still think they can compete? Or did that all go out along with Poile? Because they look terrible.

Maybe they can beat the scab Tampa goalie though.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Do the Predators still think they can compete? Or did that all go out along with Poile? Because they look terrible.

Maybe they can beat the scab Tampa goalie though.
Scab goalie might be fine if Tampa just doesn’t allow any shots.

Kucherov 1-0

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa should be just fine, if Johansson can masquerade as an NHL goalie for two months.

Though they’ll face much better competition than this old, slow and skilless 14-15 Dev I mean Nashville Predators team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad