2023 - 2024 OHL playoff prediction thread

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Which home team has the best chance of winning tonight and why? I'll go Kitchener- they were better at home than the other 2 during the regular season.

Reactions: dirty12

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Still in disbelief Sudbury couldn’t at least win won game when North bay didn’t have Romani Arnsby and Divincentis for any games lol
I think it came down to playoff experience. North Bay has a team full of players with multiple rounds of play playoff experience Sudbury only had four. Sudbury did not make enough trades at the deadline to be a true contender. In my opinion they needed to trade for Owen Beck, a starting goaltender and a goal scoring right shot, right winger. They would have needed to trade some of their young players and drafts picks to make those trades. I don’t think they wanted to part with those young players. I think North Bay will win the Eastern Conference title.

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
I think it came down to playoff experience. North Bay has a team full of players with multiple rounds of play playoff experience Sudbury only had four. Sudbury did not make enough trades at the deadline to be a true contender. In my opinion they needed to trade for Owen Beck, a starting goaltender and a goal scoring right shot, right winger. They would have needed to trade some of their young players and drafts picks to make those trades. I don’t think they wanted to part with those young players. I think North Bay will win the Eastern Conference title.
They need to clean house from top to bottom. Start from scratch, players and all. Look what happened to NB since Butler got fired, GM AD often speaks about the importance of character and culture and it shows in the on ice product.
Not upgrading OA McCallum (selfish penalty early to go down 2-0), moving Touré to allow for local, ineffective Giroux was also foolish. Teams looking to go deep require strong OA’s. Oshawa added Punnett and Lockhart, North Bay has difference makers in Ertel, Arnsby & Christopolous. McCallum??? Really???
Also on the character side, how about the selfish penalties on Delic in game 4. North Bay’s character when down 3 goals in game 3 showed in spades. Sudbury down 3 goals in game 4 showed character by unnecessary cross checking penalty on a dump in. Clean house and start over my friends you’ll be glad you did. When the far more talented team gets swept their is a major problem.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Wow some BOLD predictions there, as a Knights supporter so hope you're correct but I just don't see it being that easy? Add in Lawrence is out for the first 4 games ......
They obviously know Lawrence is out, that's why they didn't predict London over the Soo in 3...

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and Buttsy

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Prediction is as follows:

Oshawa in 7

London in 5 over SAG (can out muscle them)
London in 6 over SSM (even match but better systems and D for London)

Reactions: LDN

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So round 2 finishing tonight. Personally just looking for a fun game, maybe some OT to stress out the 2 fan bases, lol.
Now on this thread I did predict Saginaw in 7 so I got 1 part of that right. We will see about the other part.
Looks like round 3 starts for both series on Friday so round 3 deadline likely Friday at 7.
I will tally standings for round 2 and post tomorrow at some point.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
London in 5
North Bay in 6

I originally had London in 6 but have changed my mind to London in 5 if it's ok.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad