HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Mason Marchment 1 point in last 12 games. I miss him ;(

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Mason Marchment 1 point in last 12 games. I miss him ;(

Damn, sounds like he's not producing points. Stars must be feeling buyer's remorse. Would be really messed up if they decided to trade out of that contract. Maybe to another sun belt team?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

i had to watch this over and over. my goodness, what a hit. what the heck was kadri thinking? :laugh:

i don't like trouba but i also don't like kadri and since nobody was injured, we can savor this beauty to the fullest extent.

I really don’t like trouba but I really really really don’t like kadri so I agree

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Tonight former Florida panther Dennis Weidman will be inducted into the London Knights hall of fame.
The hall includes ex Panther Dino ciccarelli, Brandon Shannon, Daryl Sitler among others.

Reactions: harv33173

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Chychrun injured again, week-to-week. I believe we are better of without him, guy does not have the durability needed. In 7 seasons he passed the 60-game mark only twice. Good enough for a top-4 Dman?

Reactions: KW

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
holy f***ing shit...

what the f*** is wrong with people? this is not an OK hit. i don't see how it's a legal hit. how are people defending this?? ferraro said on the broadcast "meier's eyes were looking down so...". f*** you! we're past that stupid logic - it makes no difference where the players' eyes are looking.

meier did not lean forward unexpectedly AT ALL. trouba's aiming for meier's forehead the entire time.

this looks like a clear intent to injure. this is not ok. i've seen too much of this shit from trouba. what a f***ing asshole.

(as aside, how did nobody from the devils respond???)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
holy f***ing shit...

what the f*** is wrong with people? this is not an OK hit. i don't see how it's a legal hit. how are people defending this?? ferraro said on the broadcast "meier's eyes were looking down so...". f*** you! we're past that stupid logic - it makes no difference where the players' eyes are looking.

meier did not lean forward unexpectedly AT ALL. trouba's aiming for meier's forehead the entire time.

this looks like a clear intent to injure. this is not ok. i've seen too much of this shit from trouba. what a f***ing asshole.

@1:25 Meier is leaning forward, his head being the only part of his body available for a check from the front. Trouba isn't going to skate sideways and only then go for a check. This is the league saying that this is a contact sport and players have to be aware of getting hit.

Reactions: GermanPanther

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
@1:25 Meier is leaning forward, his head being the only part of his body available for a check from the front. Trouba isn't going to skate sideways and only then go for a check. This is the league saying that this is a contact sport and players have to be aware of getting hit.

ok, but he doesn't change his lean at all! so trouba was essentially able to headhunt?

i don't think i ever understood the rules to say "if the head's the only thing you can target, then by all means, go on and blow 'em up!".

trouba also launches himself into meier's head. that was as violent as any scott stevens hit to the head. i just don't see how that's acceptable given what we know about head injuries. if the skater's head is all that available for you to hit, then you pull the f*** up! dammit!

all this to say you may be right but i don't like it at all. i don't want to see that shit. the game can be tough enough with that.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
if the skater's head is all that available for you to hit, then you pull the f*** up! dammit!

But then that would lead to every player taking the routes and positions where they are most vulnerable for getting hit and that would take away hitting from the game. And the game is already pretty difficult when making a judgement call whether to make a hit or not within a timespan of a few seconds.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
holy f***ing shit...

This is 100% and absolut okay Hit. Why the Heck is Meier lower his Body and goes Head first.
The first thing you learn, keep your Head up.
This was a clean hit, if Meier would skate normal, so for me is this also a no call.
Meier was near cornered by the Players so his only Way is into Trouba, by the Way very smart play. :D

And about Meiers real weird Body position, his lower back and Neck, snap back. But that impact hit and energy no wonder.
Why did nobody respond from the Devils, cause it was a f***ing clean Hit and you lead 2:0 in Game 7. Bad for Meiers but next Round is far more important, then giving Rangers to much PP opportunitis.

I dont understand you Headhunt comment, Meiers lowers his body, move his head down and front.
Sorry for bad skating in Hockey Game your opponent cant get 2 Minutes or a Major.

I agree with @Jean Luc Discard, this is in Hockey a clean Hit. Panther Player get also caught Head down, bad Body position. People jumped in and Hockey Fans asked why, about a bad decision made by the puckcarrier or skateing Player.

Reactions: austropanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad