Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Playoffs: 1 Boston vs. 8 Miami

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Only been watching during intermission but it feels like every shot Miami takes is an open three. Miami's only chance in this series is to get hot from three like last playoffs and they have been allowed to take 62% of their shots from deep. Bam Adebayo, Tyler Herro and a bunch of one dimensional shooters are not beating you with a bunch of twos.

Just absurd coaching

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
This team is f***ing pathetic. Mazzulla is the weak link. Has to be, because the talent gap in these two rosters is astronomical. What the f*** did I just watch?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I wonder who should be fired sooner: Joe Mazzulla or the guy(s) allowing him to coach such a loaded team.

This game felt like a repeat of the last 2 series: Their scrubs hitting all the 3's, but the Celtics keep allowing them to become confident and comfortable.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
You don't get a pass for a team going 50% from 3. You allowed it to happen. Same old gutless Celtics.

Their guys reverted back into pumpkins right in time for the finals last year against Denver. Even if the Heat may match up well with the Celtics, they really shouldn't have lost to them last year nor should it have come down to a Butler miss in game 7 the year prior.

And quite frankly this year they never should have lost a game to them, let alone a home game.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

Yeah this team is in trouble, i probably caught like 10 minutes but almost every three i saw Miami attempt was wide open for good shooters. Ime Udoka got a worse team than either of the last two seasons to Game 6 of the finals. There's no reason you should be getting in dog fights to terrible teams like the Atlanta Hawks or the Jimmy Butler, Terry Rozierless Miami Heat

I wonder who should be fired sooner: Joe Mazzulla or the guy(s) allowing him to coach such a loaded team.

This game felt like a repeat of the last 2 series: Their scrubs hitting all the 3's, but the Celtics keep allowing them to become confident and comfortable.
Unfortunately that's Stevens. You could argue it's the only bad decision he's made since he moved from coach to gm but it's such a handicap to have a team so talented be coached by possibly the worst coach in the league.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't think so. The Heat ALWAYS plays us hard. This won't be a cakewalk. Can't get too cocky either. I still expect to win. But I'd be surprised if it was a sweep. Eyes on the prize. Head on straight. Focus.

I told y'all this wouldn't be a cake walk. And here we are.

Reactions: Maine Fan

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

Yeah this team is in trouble, i probably caught like 10 minutes but almost every three i saw Miami attempt was wide open for good shooters. Ime Udoka got a worse team than either of the last two seasons to Game 6 of the finals. There's no reason you should be getting in dog fights to terrible teams like the Atlanta Hawks or the Jimmy Butler, Terry Rozierless Miami Heat

Unfortunately that's Stevens. You could argue it's the only bad decision he's made since he moved from coach to gm but it's such a handicap to have a team so talented be coached by possibly the worst coach in the league.

Saw the same thing, uncontested 3's

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Celtics are not a shoe-in for the first game in the first round. They will have to earn it by playing hard for 60 minutes. They are not a shoe-in for this series. They may think so. They have Porzingis, injury prone, although he has been good during this regulur season, they have questionable Jaylen Brown... it is playoff time, and they have the duel still trying to play competitively together during the playoffs with no banner yet.

Go Celtics
I knew we would have trouble and we do.

1-1 going into Miami. I would be happy with a 2-2 coming out of Miami. Porzingis had a terrible night. Tatum was frustrated. Live by the Threes - Die without the Threes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad