2023/2024 lineup predictions

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Here goes nothing I will kick off the roster discussion for the 2023/2024 season here is my bold prediction

Skinner Thompson Tuch

Savoie Cozens Peterka

Greenway Middlestadt Oloffson

Girgensoms Krebs Okposo

Dahlin Samuelsson

Power Clifton

Johnson Jokijarhu

Levi

UPL

• Wow
Reactions: Remparts666

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Skinner - Thompson - Greenway
Jost - Mittelstadt - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Peterka
Rousek - Girgensons - Okposo

Dahlin - Clifton
Power - Samuelsson
Johnson - Jokiharju

Levi
Comrie

• Wow

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Opening day lineup predict, I think there will be constant lineup adjustments throughout the season so it's whatever

Skinner Tage Tuch
Peterka Cozens VO
Greenway Mitts Savoie
Zem Krebs KO
Jost

Sammy Dahlin
Power Clifton
Stillman EJ
Bryson

Levi
UPL
Comrie

Joker traded b4 opening night

Would like to see Stillman at 7D, Bryson off the roster, so maybe the Joker trade adds someone to pair with EJ.

Edit, oops I forgot about Savoie for 9 games. Just the 9 games. Rousek called up after.

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I would have thought Olofsson would have been traded by now to make room for a rookie that is better defensively. Seeing him in line-ups is just another 🙄 for Adams and friends.

Reactions: Jacob582

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I would have thought Olofsson would have been traded by now to make room for a rookie that is better defensively. Seeing him in line-ups is just another 🙄 for Adams and friends.
Rookie that hasn't played a single pro game? I'm gonna have to go with no. I know most aren't happy with his D but people forget that he had a career high in goals last season. Until or unless someone surprises out of the gate he's still a good veteran option while Quinns out.

Reactions: joshjull

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Skinner Thompson Tuch
Greenway Cozens Peterka
Savoie Mitts VO
Girgs Krebs Okposo

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Greenway - Cozens - Peterka
Mittelstadt- Jost - Konecny/Olofsson*
Girgensons - Krebs - Okposo
Rousek/Savoie

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Power - Clifton (possibly EJ to start or limited minutes)
Samuelsson - EJ
Bryson
Stillman

Levi
Comrie

* I'm still hoping for a VO trade

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Greenway - Cozens - Peterka
Mittelstadt- Jost - Konecny/Olofsson*
Rousek/Savoie

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Power - Clifton (possibly EJ to start or limited minutes)
Samuelsson - EJ
Bryson
Stillman

Levi
Comrie

* I'm still hoping for a VO trade
Dahlin and joker were actually a pretty good pair.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
To start the year, this is what I think we go with:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Savoie-Mitts-Greenway
Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo
X: Jost

Dahlin-Samuelsson
Power-Clifton (note that we're likely to see Johnson rotate up here a couple shifts per game)
Jokiharju-Johnson (note that we're likely to see Clifton get a few shifts with Henri)
X: Stillman

Levi
UPL
Comrie
(yep, we're going with 3 goalies)

Reactions: buffalowing88

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Rookie that hasn't played a single pro game? I'm gonna have to go with no. I know most aren't happy with his D but people forget that he had a career high in goals last season. Until or unless someone surprises out of the gate he's still a good veteran option while Quinns out.
Everyone he plays with looks like they don’t belong in the NHL. He couldn’t play with Thompson and Skinner. Moved off the line…they’re superstars. He couldn’t play with Mittelstadt. Moved off the line...production that turns his entire career around. He’s a black hole who drags others down with him on top of managing to be a grossly negative individual player. A career high in goals. And a net negative larger than anyone in the organization.

Are we really just going to ignore that THEY TRIED HIM IN THE TOP SIX last year and had to drop him because it was a disaster for him and everyone else Around him. When they finally couldn’t play him anymore after one of his patented months off…they eliminated their biggest non-goalie related problem.

now he’s an answer?

no.

he’s just the latest problem caused by the organization’s inaction

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Everyone he plays with looks like they don’t belong in the NHL. He couldn’t play with Thompson and Skinner. Moved off the line…they’re superstars. He couldn’t play with Mittelstadt. Moved off the line...production that turns his entire career around. He’s a black hole who drags others down with him on top of managing to be a grossly negative individual player. A career high in goals. And a net negative larger than anyone in the organization.

Are we really just going to ignore that THEY TRIED HIM IN THE TOP SIX last year and had to drop him because it was a disaster for him and everyone else Around him. When they finally couldn’t play him anymore after one of his patented months off…they eliminated their biggest non-goalie related problem.

now he’s an answer?

no.

he’s just the latest problem caused by the organization’s inaction
Probably can't get rid of him for that cap hit. He will likely try to trade VO when Quinn comes back, hopefully a less....awful VO.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Mittelstadt with Olofsson: 94.9 PDO
Mittelstadt without Olofsson: 104.4 PDO

but yeah sure Olofsson is just the worst player in the league i guess

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Skinner - Mitts - Tuch
Greenway - Thompson - Cozens
Peterka - Krebs - Oloffson
Girls - Savoie - Okposo
Jost
Mostly agree, but flip Krebs and Savoie, and Girgensons in for Girls.

I think people will grumble over the placement of Mitts, Thompson, and Cozens, but I think Granato will want to see if those lines that did work at the end of the year can continue to work. Thompson/Cozens may split time between center/wing as well.

Savoie will get the benefit of the more offensive players for his 9 game tryout, putting Krebs back with his running mates from last year.

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Mostly agree, but flip Krebs and Savoie, and Girgensons in for Girls.

I think people will grumble over the placement of Mitts, Thompson, and Cozens, but I think Granato will want to see if those lines that did work at the end of the year can continue to work. Thompson/Cozens may split time between center/wing as well.

Savoie will get the benefit of the more offensive players for his 9 game tryout, putting Krebs back with his running mates from last year.

I agree with this...as much as I'd like Krebs to get his chance again in the Top 9.

Maybe if Olofsson leaves before Quinn returns that chance will arise but in the meantime there's no point in putting one of our very skilled young guys on the bottom line with Girgs (or Girls) and Okposo. Krebs can play with them well, even if it'd be nice if he had another opportunity.

I feel like defense is something of a foregone conclusion.

Sam-Dahlin
Clifton-Power
Joker-Johnson

Stillman will get his chances and he may make the most out of them down the road.

FaschingStatement

Jun 9, 2021
Mittlestadt- Cozens - Peterka
Greenway - Jost - Olofsson
Rousek

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Clifton
Stillman - Johnson
Bryson

Levi
Luukkonen
Comrie

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Skinner-Mitts-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Tage
Girgs-Krebs-Okposo
Olofsson-Kulich-Greenway
Jost

Sammy-Dahlin
Power-Clifton
Jokiharju-EJ
Stillman
Bryson

Levi
UPL

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Mitts-Tage-Tuch
Skinner-Cozens-Peterka
Girgs-Krebs-Okposo
Greenway-Kulich-Jost/Savoie

Sammy-Dahlin
Power-rotate
rotate-rotate

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
I remember mitts play in the second half being 1ppg player . I also remember how well he played with skinner and tuch I believe(?) when tt missed some Time at the end.

I think tt can drive a line of his own and do not need skinner and tuch to produce.

Best set up for a well balanced top 6. I hope that is what coach has in mind

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Not one for predictions, but this is what i'd do:

Peterka - Cozens - Mitts
Greenway - Krebs - Savoie
Girgs - Jost - Okposo
VO
Rousek

Sammy Dahlin
Power E.Johnson
Stillman Clifton
Joki

There are zero good reasons to break up one of the top lines in the league. We have talent all over the top 9.

Peterka's coming in hot this year. His speed and skill with Cozens is a match made in Heaven. I think Mitts makes sense with them because his playmaking can open things up and he can help this line cook.

Greenway Krebs make sense to me as a solid defensive pairing, but ideally I'd want the 3rd guy with them to be speedy and able to create offense. To me Savoie fits that and is good defensively, at least more than VO. Also has history with Krebs. After 9 games if Savoie's not playing well you send him back and rotate Rousek/VO.

And then Girgs KO and any decent center will do for a 4th line.

D pairs are tough, but Sammy/Dahlin works, and Johnson can help Power clear the front of the net.

Some will say it should be Joki instead of Stillman, and the only way that works is if Cliftons the one on the left. Joki on his off side is nightmare fuel.

Reactions: Kulich Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad