Injury Report: 2023/2024 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Statistically, the sample size of three seasons is miniscule and nearly irrelevant. Such a tiny sample absolutely allows for luck and clustering to create havoc with any attempt to draw a meaningful analysis.
I accept that. I also accept the human brain's talent for imagining patterns in random events.

That said, when the same team has the same players injured again and again, it would be irresponsible to NOT investigate further. Compare the staff to other teams' staffs, compare methodologies, compare diets, compare on-ice styles, compare equipment, evaluate how well players follow their regimes, etc.

If everything is being done properly and there's no measurable difference between our guys and other teams' guys, then so be it – we're simply a victim of that 'luck and clustering' you mentioned. Either way, we'd all agree it's been a kind of cluster.....

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Gotta start blaming the fkn trainers man. These kids are not strong enough for the NHL. There's a serious lack of physical prep going on.
OK if you are gonna randomly spray blame around to guys who are not on the ice or actually playing hockey then you should start with the lad playing the organ in the bleachers...he is giving everyone a bad vibe...get out your voodoo dolls while you are at it!

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
OK if you are gonna randomly spray blame around to guys who are not on the ice or actually playing hockey then you should start with the lad playing the organ in the bleachers...he is giving everyone a bad vibe...get out your voodoo dolls while you are at it!
Physical prep is probably the first or 2nd most important factor in injury prevention. (1st being re-injury treatment, which also falls a little bit under physical prep.)
The best trainer in the league just came in this summer
Who? Also the best kinesiologist is unlikely to be in this league.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Physical prep is probably the first or 2nd most important factor in injury prevention. (1st being re-injury treatment, which also falls a little bit under physical prep.)

Some Ramsay from the Rangers organization

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The Montreal Rangers
Pretty much.

Get the best possible, or just hire your buddy.

At least in this instance it was both...

giphy.webp

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not blaming the Habs trainers. These players now have personal coaches and trainers. And I rewatched the very small slash. These f***ing small gloves man. Can't they invent something to protect the wrists???? We're in 2023...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Even if it may unrelated to this specific injury I feel like Ghule needs to stop putting himself at risk to win every puck battle, make the pass etc.. he's too combative and often puts himself in harms way.

Reactions: dinodebino

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Club Canadiens de Montréal Organization overall is injury prone . We should trade them fast before half the players get injured

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

so how do you prepare against a slash on the wrist with physio or other exercises????

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Is that what happened? Is that the only injury that has ever happened with the Habs?
No...sometimes players checked over the boards...sometimes they get a puck in the face...sometimes the get crushed in the head by a shoulder...sometimes a ref falls on them...all pretty predictable and avoidable stuff! I have not heard of many season-ending injuries occuring the pre-game skate though so they must be really prepared for that! JFC

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No...sometimes players checked over the boards...sometimes they get a puck in the face...sometimes the get crushed in the head by a shoulder...sometimes a ref falls on them...all pretty predictable and avoidable stuff! I have not heard of many season-ending injuries occuring the pre-game skate though so they must be really prepared for that! JFC
Sometimes, but in Habs land its all the time. Most likely those joints were already weak and they meeded a little push to get injured.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Let me doubt that the "best" has only a masters.

Anyhow, how is he qualified as the best?
That’s what the taking heads were all spouting after Habs announcement, a couple of takes below:

11-min mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad