Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Is Rantanen not capable of carrying his own line? I figured he would be but maybe it’s been tried in the past and no success…

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Nichushkin

Parise-Mittelstadt-Rantanen

Wood-Colton-Duhaime

Cogliano-Trenin-XXX

This would be my idea. I wouldn’t take Colton out of the bottom 6 because it somewhat lacks offensive firepower as is and without him that becomes even worse and a real problem.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I miss the 2nd line of Kadri and Burakovsky.

Was watching some highlights of the 2022 run. In particular the Oilers series. We were running a top six of

Landy- Mack- Nuke
Lehkonen- Kadri- Rantanen

Just an unbelievable top 6 that were relentless on the attack. We'll never see anything like it. Such a crazy deep team. And you still had JT and Burakovsky on the 3rd line.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Was watching some highlights of the 2022 run. In particular the Oilers series. We were running a top six of

Landy- Mack- Nuke
Lehkonen- Kadri- Rantanen

Just an unbelievable top 6 that were relentless on the attack. We'll never see anything like it. Such a crazy deep team. And you still had JT and Burakovsky on the 3rd line.
Having burakovsky and JT scoring clutch goals while being able to be sheltered is a luxury we will never see again unless we draft much better.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Having burakovsky and JT scoring clutch goals while being able to be sheltered is a luxury we will never see again unless we draft much better.
Bura had clutch goals. Compher never did shit for us in the playoffs. He scored 5 goals in our cup run. Three of which came vs Edmonton, where we were scoring at will.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He scored a huge goal against Edmonton. 5 goals is pretty damn good for a 3rd liner. Never did shit is a complete garbage statement.
F*** Compher. That overrated POS always turned into a ghost in the playoffs. Every year, every series, you can see his ice time drop as the games go on. I'll never understand the Bednar's or the fans love for him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
F*** Compher. That overrated POS always turned into a ghost in the playoffs. Every year, every series, you can see his ice time drop as the games go on. I'll never understand the Bednar's or the fans love for him.
He did score couple of big goals in the cup run, but he was never a big point producer in the playoffs

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bura had clutch goals. Compher never did shit for us in the playoffs. He scored 5 goals in our cup run. Three of which came vs Edmonton, where we were scoring at will.
Compher scored plenty of clutch goals? Scored a game tying goal against the Flames, a goal to start a comeback vs. the Flames, scored twice in an OT win vs the Sharks, the tying goal vs STL the game we won that series, and the huge go ahead goal the game Naz got hurt vs EDM. He wasn't the 2C for us last year, but he scored some pretty big playoffs goals during his tenure here.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Compher scored plenty of clutch goals? Scored a game tying goal against the Flames, a goal to start a comeback vs. the Flames, scored twice in an OT win vs the Sharks, the tying goal vs STL the game we won that series, and the huge go ahead goal the game Naz got hurt vs EDM. He wasn't the 2C for us last year, but he scored some pretty big playoffs goals during his tenure here.
That Sharks series was the best he ever looked. All downhill from there. Last year he looked okay untill the TDL then completely disappeared. Actually he only disappeared on the score sheet. He did a lot worse. He completely killed any offensive momentum we had. How do you get 23 minutes of ice time, every offensive zone faceoff with MacK and Mikko and still only produce one point in a 7 games series?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
So game 1.

No Drouin, no LOC, no Girard, no Annuen, all of whom played a ~month ago. And to a lesser extend, no Landy and Frankie who've been out all year.

Avs get more injured while teams like Vegas get healthier for the playoffs.
Team is full of bandaids and it’s been like that for awhile.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
That Sharks series was the best he ever looked. All downhill from there. Last year he looked okay untill the TDL then completely disappeared. Actually he only disappeared on the score sheet. He did a lot worse. He completely killed any offensive momentum we had. How do you get 23 minutes of ice time, every offensive zone faceoff with MacK and Mikko and still only produce one point in a 7 games series?

I hated Compher, but even I will admit he did score some big goals during the Cup run. However, last year against the Kracken in the playoffs, I've never seen a player so checked out.....Until I saw Rants in game 2 last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad