Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm looking forward to the MacK trick in Jo's first game back.

I think his absence really threw off his mojo. Nate likes staying in a rhythm, and it's taken a minute to change his stylistic approach in the playoffs. Regular season, probably would have bene easier.

He hasn't looked the same since we traded away his bff, RyJo.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is literally what they created bubble wrap for.

On a similar note, I'm not a doctor, but I don't understand if the reason he hadn't played or practiced isn't because of the cut, it's because they were worried about his equipment/sweat/bacteria causing an infection, why couldn't they just wrap it a few times in cellophane and tape it up like a tattoo, then take it off after the game to air out? What's the big deal?

And in the rare event he does get an infection this long after the cut has presumably healed, they've got medical staff watching him every day, and they'd be able to take care of it, or just put him on antibiotics if necessary. The latter not ideal because it can sap your energy, but it's not like he's gonna have to get his leg amputated at this point.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
So, he's back Game 3: Confirmed.
The cold person in me wants him back ASAP to see if his knee can withstand NHL game rigors. In the event it does not work out, then his cap space can be freed for next years team.

The more dominate side of how I am wired feels waiting until training camp next year makes much more sense.

Fortunately, I don't have to make those types of decisions.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think we might see Landy if Avs lose the next 2 games and one game away from being eliminated, or if the series goes to game 7 maybe?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I'm honestly surprised we even discuss Landy being back this year. Even if the Avs make the SCF I don't expect to see him until next year. I hope I'm wrong, but it all feels like wishful thinking getting him back this year.
I actually don't think we'd be discussing as much if weren't for two of the better connected posters suggesting he's almost certainly coming back for Round 2

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I actually don't think we'd be discussing as much if weren't for two of the better connected posters suggesting he's almost certainly coming back for Round 2
I know we have some guys with real info here.. but he's not even near joining PRACTICE according to Bednar. I guess technically we could just throw him out there whether he's in shape or not.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If Landy is not even close to practicing, don’t think he will return until at best the finals, of course if Avs even make it that far
I think he's likely closer to practicing with them than not, but he's going to have to go through a few practices with a non-contact jersey first. Problem is, this time of year, with games every other day, they don't have many true practices. That's why I think, if he does return this year, it's not going to be until late in the WCF or in the SCF. I still think throwing him out there, in the playoffs, after having not played any hockey in 2 years would be a mistake, but that's not my decision to make.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think he's likely closer to practicing with them than not, but he's going to have to go through a few practices with a non-contact jersey first. Problem is, this time of year, with games every other day, they don't have many true practices. That's why I think, if he does return this year, it's not going to be until late in the WCF or in the SCF. I still think throwing him out there, in the playoffs, after having not played any hockey in 2 years would be a mistake, but that's not my decision to make.
Yeah that’s why I’m thinking finals at best if we see Landy and if we make it there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad