Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Reports

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Even if those are the offers, I’d still take it. Why would we turn down any free picks at this point for players like him and Kapanen?

The Blues are a bubble team with an awful defense, and issues with the defensive ability of our LD. Scandella is a defense first LD. We've healthy scratched him 5 times and he averages 12 minutes a game. He averages the same as Rosen and Tucker. He averages less than Perunovich and Kessel. We play Krug almost 22 minutes a game rather than give Scandella more time.

So why us a contender giving a 3rd for someone we don't even want out there? I mean, there is a possibility someone may want veteran depth for a 7th or 8th D. But we are talking a 5th or later. Maybe a 4th if they really like him, but that is a stretch. And it is far from guaranteed anyone would offer anything.
Fair points.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
no different than when the Blues picked up Michael Del Zotto, same reason, same kind of draft pick, multiple playoff teams make moves like this every year

Not the same kind of pick at all. Post I was responding to said unless we are only getting 3rd or 4th offers, implying that's the low end. Del Zotto got a 6th round pick from us.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Not the same kind of pick at all. Post I was responding to said unless we are only getting 3rd or 4th offers, implying that's the low end. Del Zotto got a 6th round pick from us.
I am agreeing with you
if DA can get a 2nd or 3rd pick for Scandella, that alone would make him worthy of the HHOF

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Damn, Sundqvist tore his ACL again.

What shit timing right after we just extended him. Gotta really wonder about his effectiveness moving forward, even though he is a warrior.

Either Dean and Alexandrov will get a huge opportunity coming up, or a 4th line C might get added to our shopping list this Summer.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
peter griffin fox GIF by Family Guy

I love Sunny, but this is what popped into my head

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Well that sucks.

6 months is the end of September. So theoretically the typical timeline suggests be should be ok for next season but I guess we’ll see.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I was actually just thinking a couple weeks ago how it’s odd how he has stayed healthy so far this season (as far as we know).

But unfortunately with Sundqvist, you just know a big injury is coming at some point basically every season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad