2023-2024 Coaching/Management/Ownership

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Can't glean too much from this, but it's definitely much better than him proclaiming that they are staying.
Idk, there really shouldn’t be any discussion. Brown needs to go. The fact that he’s even entertaining the possibility they come back, shows to me he has no interest in getting new assistant coaches.

Reactions: Yemeth

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Idk, there really shouldn’t be any discussion. Brown needs to go. The fact that he’s even entertaining the possibility they come back, shows to me he has no interest in getting new assistant coaches.
If that were the case, he would have just said it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I hear ya but I'm hoping it's more like, they will be fired but we want a plan for what we will be looking for (in new coaches) before we announce that we are making changes and looking for new blood. I'm hoping, I'm hoping.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Granted, it was only a 1 on 1 with an in house host, but that was the smoothest and most relaxed interview I've heard the Beeker give. Maybe those public speaking classes are paying off. :DD
Ya he isn’t the smoothest speaker still, but at the very least he sounded like he was in a good mood and not like a guy who would rather be doing anything else.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

25 1-goal game losses? I guess Beeker is counting games where he pulled the goalie and the opposing team scored an EN.

Ducks 2023-241-g Games
Type of GamesGamesWLOTLPtsPct of gamesPoint Share
Game 1 to 8182
27​
50​
5​
59​
100.0%​
36.0%​
1-goal games30
13​
12​
5​
31​
36.6%​
51.7%​
Non 1-g games52
14​
38​
0​
28​
63.4%​
26.9%​

We lost 17 1-goal game based upon the final, raw results. Beeker is adding eight more games b/c we gave up an EN while on a 6-5 while down a goal. That's a bit devious b/c your team did give up an EN as they couldn't score.

Just for reference, here's last year's 1-goal game results (no EN included).

Ducks 2022-231-g Games
Game 1 to 818223471258
100.0%​
35.4%​
1-goal games331471240
40.2%​
60.6%​
Non 1-g games49940018
59.8%​
18.4%​

Guess we didn't improve at the 1-goal results.

Granted, it was only a 1 on 1 with an in house host, but that was the smoothest and most relaxed interview I've heard the Beeker give. Maybe those public speaking classes are paying off. :DD

Verbeek did sound relaxed and prepared, as if he knew the questions ahead of time. Just feels like a fluff piece and not upset with the outcome this year.

What I did find very quirky-odd was Verbeek wishing he had Cutter for 10 games, but made Colangelo work for an ELC by playing in San Diego first. No actual push back by Alexis b/c it is a house host whereas last year we had Lisa Dillman and others questioning Verbeek.

Verbeek is adding a top-4RD and a top-6RW. We're replacing a top-6LW/C in Rico for a Top-6RW... that makes sense b/c we're lacking right shot forwards. While I think it's premature to add a top-4RD b/c we're still in a development stage, at least he's trying to add even more proven talent. Kinda feels like "let's throw a lot of darts and see which ones stick" strategy on the back of rushing several prospects last year. Which defensive youth isn't going to be on the NHL club to start next season?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Interesting interview. The more he says the more I get the impression that he does not approve of how our young guys were being developed before he was hired. The amount of times and emphasis he has placed on how different the standard was this year is pointed.

I found it a little odd how he defended the lack of accountability for penalties. He framed it as them being afraid to "lose" guys for sitting them after taking x amount, as in they will lose confidence I guess? Most of the guys taking the penalties were vets though, with the exception of mctavish.

If he wants to push for the playoffs like he says then I'll be surprised if he doesn't move some of these picks. We can't sign all of these prospects.

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Interesting interview. The more he says the more I get the impression that he does not approve of how our young guys were being developed before he was hired. The amount of times and emphasis he has placed on how different the standard was this year is pointed.

I found it a little odd how he defended the lack of accountability for penalties. He framed it as the being afraid to "lose" guys for sitting them after taking x amount, as in they will lose confidence I guess? Most of the guys talking the penalties were vets though, with the exception of mctavish.

If he wants to push for the playoffs like he says then I'll be surprised if he doesn't move some of these picks. We can't sign all of these prospects.
Does he spend and bring in a Reinhardt? Dudes gonna ask atleast 7 year deal.. Im still leaning on Stamkos coming here

25 1-goal game losses? I guess Beeker is counting games where he pulled the goalie and the opposing team scored an EN.

Ducks 2023-241-g Games
Game 1 to 8182
27​
50​
5​
59​
100.0%​
36.0%​
1-goal games30
13​
12​
5​
31​
36.6%​
51.7%​
Non 1-g games52
14​
38​
0​
28​
63.4%​
26.9%​

We lost 17 1-goal game based upon the final, raw results. Beeker is adding eight more games b/c we gave up an EN while on a 6-5 while down a goal. That's a bit devious b/c your team did give up an EN as they couldn't score.

Just for reference, here's last year's 1-goal game results (no EN included).

Ducks 2022-231-g Games
Game 1 to 818223471258
100.0%​
35.4%​
1-goal games331471240
40.2%​
60.6%​
Non 1-g games49940018
59.8%​
18.4%​

Guess we didn't improve at the 1-goal results.

Verbeek did sound relaxed and prepared, as if he knew the questions ahead of time. Just feels like a fluff piece and not upset with the outcome this year.

What I did find very quirky-odd was Verbeek wishing he had Cutter for 10 games, but made Colangelo work for an ELC by playing in San Diego first. No actual push back by Alexis b/c it is a house host whereas last year we had Lisa Dillman and others questioning Verbeek.

Verbeek is adding a top-4RD and a top-6RW. We're replacing a top-6LW/C in Rico for a Top-6RW... that makes sense b/c we're lacking right shot forwards. While I think it's premature to add a top-4RD b/c we're still in a development stage, at least he's trying to add even more proven talent. Kinda feels like "let's throw a lot of darts and see which ones stick" strategy on the back of rushing several prospects last year. Which defensive youth isn't going to be on the NHL club to start next season?
Leanue should start in the A..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad