Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; 5'10", 170lb]

weems

Jul 3, 2008

His offensive upside has been underrated.

In theory, he would make a great LW'er on a line with Matthews and Marner. Can skate, forecheck, make high level plays and also finish.

If he has a good offseason, getting a bit stronger, he's not that far off from being able to play in the NHL.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
How about the year after when we DO have the money and he fills our LW need for league minimum 🤔 Then we can make a real splash on D and have him on the team. Man im stoked for this kid!
I think the most impressive thing about his crazy consecutive game point streak is that it shows he brings it every single night. That kind of competitiveness will be a real asset to the Leafs.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Really curious how good this kid is.

Anyone can give a real non hype up review of him would be great.

It seems like this guy is going to be a Marchand or Point type player.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
His offensive upside has been underrated.

In theory, he would make a great LW'er on a line with Matthews and Marner. Can skate, forecheck, make high level plays and also finish.

If he has a good offseason, getting a bit stronger, he's not that far off from being able to play in the NHL.

Good observation, that's where I see him, at least at the start of his NHL career. A tenacious winger that is skilled enough to play with the elite players.

As for comparisons to past Leafs, I think Wendel Clark is the most realistic -- but a faster and more skilled version and not quite the bone crushing hitter, but that type of combo of competitiveness and skill and giving his all for the team.

The fact that these's a good chance that the Leafs can have his kid in an important role next year on an Entry Level Contract is life-saver to help the Cap situation.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_7919.jpeg

Is this photo old ?

He looks 12.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Too bad there is only 1 game left in the season meaning the highest he can get to is 36 unless playoff games count.

If playoff games dont count, i bet this might be his last regular season OHL game. He is either going to the AHL or NHL next year.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
THIRD LINE: Cowan - Minten - Jarnkrok

I think that's a realistic place to start both Cowan and Minten next year on the third line. If they play better then third-line players move them up if not keep them on the third line and just let them play and get experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad