Prospect Info: 2022 World Junior Championship

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Power-Zellweger... that aesthetically is Thunder & Lightning!

Sanderson-Moore... I'm wondering if the Harvard coaches were giving team USA some feedback on Moore being sound defensively. Didn't realize he owns the 2nd best plus/minus rating with +7 on team Harvard and Thrun has a -3.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You're comparing dumb luck to something that is earned. The Kings brass, and many others, feel that he earned a spot and was snubbed.
IDK why you guys are acting like it is absurd for them to be upset at it. Imagine if Drysdale was left off the roster last year.
He wouldn't be because he knows how to play defense. I think Clarke should have been on it but if they liked Zel skating more plus defensive agility in all directions and on power play than maybe Clarke got beat out.

None of us know the reasons... maybe he's a massive dick, maybe it's because of defense, maybe because of skating. Who knows only thing we know is a group of professionals that know a lot more than anyone on this forum decided not to bring him.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kings fans have chosen to go the incredibly smug route about Clarke’s omission. Part of me hopes Canada wins this tournament just to stick it to them. Never thought I’d say that
I don’t blame them, Clarke is arguably top dmen they could have brought outside of power

very suspect decision making

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'll trust the most successful country in hockeys management team over HFBoard members. I am sure there are good reasons and it's not so "OMG THEY DIDN'T GIVE US BYFIELD SO f*** CLARKE" Who knows maybe he's a huge douchebag and rubs everyone the wrong way. No one on HFBoards knows the real reason just like no one on HFBoards sees the practices and know how people are in the locker room.

Anyways Go USA, McTavish, Pasta, Moore, Zel!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
According to who? Were you at those practices? If not don’t respond
Seems like a dumb stance, I said arguably…. Which the argument is pretty easy to make. unless you were at those meetings and could say different, which again doesn’t mean much…. Guys like Troy terry get drafted in round 5, professionals get it wrong too.

and it’s a hockey forum, I’ll respond to what I feel like needs responses, no need for a high horse

Reactions: gunnergunther

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why are people so worked up about a Kings prospect either way?
I don’t think anyones worked up about anything…. But it is a world juniors thread…. And Clarke is the biggest snub going into the tournament so I think it’s warranted discussion….

the discussion was brought up by someone who is saying don’t talk about it …. Smugly enough

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don’t think anyones worked up about anything…. But it is a world juniors thread…. And Clarke is the biggest snub going into the tournament so I think it’s warranted discussion….

the discussion was brought up by someone who is saying don’t talk about it …. Smugly enough
Disagree. But anyway, sure discuss. Just wondering if this is something I'm supposed to take sides on? Seems like people are bringing some super strong opinions without any context, at least to me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Disagree. But anyway, sure discuss. Just wondering if this is something I'm supposed to take sides on? Seems like people are bringing some super strong opinions without any context, at least to me.
I don’t think there is really “sides” to be picked but if you have an opinion on the matter go for it.

I think it’s a strong opinion to say
“Character issues”, as there hasn’t been any say in that matter.
I think it’s pretty safe to say a guy that was drafted in top 10, and was basically considered a top 10 prospect league wide is prob fairly talented 18 year old.

currently 2nd in OHL scoring for defensemen(only guy above him is significantly older), over a point per game. 2nd on his team(1st in ppg)… 2nd highest +/- on the team playing for a pretty average barrie colts team. And the captain of the team.

hockey Canada makes questionable decisions, they are deep enough everywhere that maybe it doesn’t matter much, and personally I cheer for America at world juniors so if Canada wants to leave potential game breakers off the roster I’m all for it

Reactions: Boo Boo

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Luke Evangelista (Preds 2nd 2020) was another surprising omission for me. 20G 20A in 21 games for London this year, and he's a true winger in a tournament where natural centers are often forced to adjust. Seems versatile enough to play up and down the lineup.

At least in this case, he was invited to camp and passed over for other players. The fact that they didn't even invite Clarke to camp - it's just to easy to assume there's an off ice factor of some sort. It's just so rare that their evaluation is so far removed from the consensus, hard to believe there isn't more to the story.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Clarke is not without red flags. He fell to 8 in a draft where a lot of people thought he was top 5 unquestionably. Doesn’t mean everything(Zegras) but maybe in this case it does?

I’ll trust that I know nothing about it

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Are we still talking about a non-duck that is not even in the tournament?

Reactions: Kalv

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Pre-Tournament games are being rescheduled/cancelled. I will update the OP when it is finalized.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad