Prospect Info: 2022 World Junior Championship

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I've been really impressed with McTavish's ability to pass the puck in this tournament.

As have I. His passing and his strength compared to his peers have really stood out.

As for Zellweger, his skating is phenomenal and he has a nice snap shot but in the limited time I've seen him I'm questioning his defensive awareness and decision making.

Reactions: Hinterland

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I've been really impressed with McTavish's ability to pass the puck in this tournament.
Agreed. He had some misses where he would hit them if he had Zegras magic :laugh:
But overall he is doing a good job with the passes.

Last night where he hit the post (that shot was ridiculous btw, the puck hit the post before goalie even moved), he had a clear lane to Guhle for possibly a better chance but he passed on that. Which is fine, shooters mentality is nothing to be ashamed about, as long as you can do it with confidence.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
When Bob was talking about McTavish "driving the bus" at the U18s I can see why. He's strong, confident, and plays with focus and a competitive fire. I didn't like the pick when we made it but I am happily eating my words.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wow lol that frees up my week.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can’t really have a tournament with 3 teams testing positive and games getting cancelled as tightly as the games are scheduled.

Not too upset, NHL is back and with new protocols and taxi squads back should not see as many postponements.

Was nice seeing McTavish dominate but I already have him making the team next season, just hope he can continue to develop in the OHL for this year, and be a difference maker for Anaheim next season like Zegras is now.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2