GDT: 2022 U18 International Hockey Tournament (May 1st): Sweden wins Gold 6-4 | US Silver | Finland Bronze

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I seem to be. It was a pretty common sentiment that because the team was so good, that perhaps we were overrating the players. That lead to several being underrated, perhaps the worst of all being Caufield because he's small.

Actually one of the most intense arguments I had about that draft was with ProspectsFanatic, who said that Caufield was likely a product of Hughes, and that actually, his shot wasn't very good (lol, seriously).
I don't recall anyone underestimating Caufield over here. We all knew he would drop because of size. I am a bit pleasantly surprised how he developed over the past 2-3 years on the defensive side of the game and his gap control offensively.

Beside, I was too confused at the time on Zegras to have so much time on Caufield. I was seeing games by Zegras where he was clearly better than Hughes. Not a fantasy to entertain this now.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't recall anyone underestimating Caufield over here. We all knew he would drop because of size. I am a bit pleasantly surprised how he developed over the past 2-3 years on the defensive side of the game and his gap control offensively.

Beside, I was too confused at the time on Zegras to have so much time on Caufield. I was seeing games by Zegras where he was clearly better than Hughes. Not a fantasy to entertain this now.

ProspectsFanatic had him behind Beecher IIRC. I distinctly remember him saying that his shot was not going to work at the NHL level.

But from a statistical perspective, not having Caufield top 5 was just wrong. Like, don't use statistics at all ever again if you weren't going to use them in Caufield's case.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Anyone burning a first round pick on Snuggerud is a savage and an idiot
dennis-reynolds.jpg

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I seem to be. It was a pretty common sentiment that because the team was so good, that perhaps we were overrating the players. That lead to several being underrated, perhaps the worst of all being Caufield because he's small.

Actually one of the most intense arguments I had about that draft was with ProspectsFanatic, who said that Caufield was likely a product of Hughes, and that actually, his shot wasn't very good (lol, seriously).

Live look at ProspectsFanatic this season:

EdomTDcXgAA6UaW

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Their specialty and one reason I discount ranks in the draft. They should destroy these tournaments given they play together all the time.

Like the CSKA, they used to have 85- 90% of the Soviet Union national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad