2022 Tour De France

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
GINO is and will always be my favourite rider. I "adopted" him before he made a name for himself, for his name and funny look. I was at the top of the world when he won the Giro d'Italia' stage in 2021 and I didn't care if in 2022 he didn't have the best season. I'm devastated.
Rest in Pace GINO.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
700 x 26 tyres, supporting a 14 lb bike and a 150 lb man..going down a mountain path, at speeds that could hit 90 kmp.

what did people expect to happen???

RIP Gino

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Man, Sepp Kuss just rode a fantastic TT and stays #1 in GC. He just might might win the Vuelta.

"First time I've started last in a time trial."
"First time no one has passed me in a time trial."

lol

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Jumbo go 1-2-3 on the Tourmalet. Jonas takes the stage win, Sepp Kuss 2nd and still in red, Roglic 3rd.
Not normal, once again.

Even less normal is Sepp Kuss on verge of winning La Vuelta after doing the 3 GT. What Jumbo is doing this season (previous ones too) is scandalous

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not normal, once again.

Even less normal is Sepp Kuss on verge of winning La Vuelta after doing the 3 GT. What Jumbo is doing this season (previous ones too) is scandalous
It seems like at this point his only threats are Roglic and Vingegaard. I’m really hoping Sepp can hang on. If there was ever a superdomestique who deserved to win over his bosses, it’s Kuss.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It seems like at this point his only threats are Roglic and Vingegaard. I’m really hoping Sepp can hang on. If there was ever a superdomestique who deserved to win over his bosses, it’s Kuss.
I don’t think either of them will try to take the jersey unless Sepp really falters. Roglic made it pretty clear that they all thought Sepp deserved it and they were supporting him. And at this point it doesn’t seem likely that he’ll falter, he seems to very solid.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I don’t think either of them will try to take the jersey unless Sepp really falters. Roglic made it pretty clear that they all thought Sepp deserved it and they were supporting him. And at this point it doesn’t seem likely that he’ll falter, he seems to very solid.
Agreed.

I haven’t looked to see what the last week holds but barring an epic time trial it seems like Sepp can handle it.

I’m guessing it’s easier for Vingegaard to be in a supporting role since he just won the Tour. Roglic maybe less easy but he seems like a good teammate.

It’d be nice to see an American win the Vuelta so the last one won’t be when old man Horner was doped to the gills.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think Sepp's got it unless Jonas goes crazy. I think Roglic is not going to go for it but Jonas... ummm let's see how ambitious he really is

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Surprising win by Remco yesterday. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rider crack that badly and then look so dominant the next day.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Damn. Luis León Sánchez just announced his retirement and he just crashed and it looks like he's out of the Vuelta. Crappy way to end a career.

Sounds like he finished the stage. If so hopefully he can continue and finish the Vuelta.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Well so much for Vingegaard not attacking Kuss.

If Sepp doesn’t have the legs on Angliru I think Vingegaard attacks again for the GC win.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
He's going to attack anyways. With kuss having legs or not. Already suspected he would do it on my previous message
I’ll be bummed if that happens but I could definitely see it.

The reasons Sepp might not have the legs is from dragging Roglics ass up climbs in the Giro and then Vingegaards in the TdF. It’d suck if they attacked him

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
In his interview after the stage Jonas said that he asked the other guys if it was ok for him to attack and they said go. He said he wanted to win the stage for Van Hooydonck. So we’ll see. I don’t think he’s as ruthless as Bernard Hinault.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I’ll be bummed if that happens but I could definitely see it.

The reasons Sepp might not have the legs is from dragging Roglics ass up climbs in the Giro and then Vingegaards in the TdF. It’d suck if they attacked him
Even if Kuss had legs... if Vinge goes all in he's going to win. This is the best climber in the world at the moment

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad