GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 6. Quarter Finals: Car -2 NYR -1, TB -3 Fla -0, Edm -2 Cal -1, Col -2 St.L -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Terrible start by Oilers, but game isn't over & they have the offense to come back.

Now if only their goaltending didn't suck.

Reactions: Justin11

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Holland is a clown for not addressing the goalie position, Smith/Koskinen is the worst tandem in the league. It's been years and years of the same crap and they never learn, serves them right. I hope they lose in 4.

Reactions: Rapala

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Do you think Wright can be as good Gaudreau? I mean Gaudreau is soft as shit too, but damn, he's a good little player. I'd take him anytime.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not a fan of Calgary myself. Not a fan of coach Redneck Cotton Eye Joe.
Goes to show you how things can change quickly. Last year, in the weak Canadian division, they sucked with redneck Cotton Eye Joe as coach. Now, they look like a Cup finalist.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
While I agree he isn't that dirty all things considered, he will take runs in order to hurt opponents as much as possible, even if those hits are "legal".
I'm glad he got a penalty for that. You can't allow late hits on the game's biggest star.

Also, f*** these gambling segments.

Reactions: Licou

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Holland is a clown for not addressing the goalie position, Smith/Koskinen is the worst tandem in the league. It's been years and years of the same crap and they never learn, serves them right. I hope they lose in 4.
But the issues go much deeper. When I watch a guy like RNH floating around it makes me wonder how in the heck was Eberle the player that got moved from their core. He at least is a competitor.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Coilers will need to get after Lucy amd others who hit McJesus. Like next period. They have to. If not, it will send a bad message.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
But the issues go much deeper. When I watch a guy like RNH floating around it makes me wonder how in the heck was Eberle the player that got moved from their core. He at least is a competitor.
You're talking about a team that dealt away a future MVP for a bag of sand.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I'm glad he got a penalty for that. You can't allow late hits on the game's biggest star.

Also, f*** these gambling segments.

Call me soft, but I don't like the idea of hitting for the sake of hurting the other guy.

There are plenty of opportunities to get bruised during a playoff game, you don't need a 220 pound cave man running around trying to break your collar bones.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Call me soft, but I don't like the idea of hitting for the sake of hurting the other guy.

There are plenty of opportunities to get bruised during a playoff game, you don't need a 220 pound cave man running around trying to break your collar bones.
Esp not after the whistle.

Reactions: Licou

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Then send your own caveman to punch his face. Or kneecap him a la Emelin. But you can’t let Neanderthal manhandle your prized possession like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad