GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 5. Quarter Finals: Car-1 NYR -0, TB -1 Fla -0, Cal -0 Edm -0, Col-1 St.L -0

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What a career for Dustin Brown. He really was a force his first decade in the NHL, hitting everything. People thought he was done and he changed his game enough to keep being a useful player. Good for him, I hope he enjoys retirement.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What a career for Dustin Brown. He really was a force his first decade in the NHL, hitting everything. People thought he was done and he changed his game enough to keep being a useful player. Good for him, I hope he enjoys retirement.
Pretty good player...but certainly used his knee to great effect to f*** over rival players like Hertl....

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I hate the Oilers fanbase and organization but I respect McDavid and Draisaitl's talent. I'm lukewarm about their win.

Reactions: Habano

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Leafs could’ve used chariot. Oh well. Maybe they’ll learn. they should trade Tavares for a top 3 dman. Not sure what he could pull in, but I would think a top pairing guy isn’t out of the question. It’s obvious.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Leafs depth is dwindling as Tavares gets older. Not a good combo. Rielly’s raise kicks in next year. Sandin and Liljegren need new contracts. They won’t be able to afford Mikheyev who is an important player for them. Kase and Engvall are likely gone too, but that’s less important. And when the question is “can they win a round” instead of “can they win a Cup”, it’s some ugly.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Thing with taranna is they systematically choke. That's just what they do. The mains were unbearable when their demi god matthews scored 50… they had like 6 threads going on how f***ing great he is, and when I replied yeah he's a great regular season player holy shit the arrogant posts from their fans, and then when you tell them how can you be so arrogant when your team litteraly hasn't won shit in forever, they lose their mind.

And what do that piss poor franchise does again? They choke. But I can guarantee you that they'll be back just as arrogant next season even tho they still are a joke. They have no shame.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Honestly, the Oilers are almost the same bad team that had 3 1st overall picks 10 years ago.

The difference is McDavid. Won them the last 2 games.

Also kudos to Draisaitl, I saw him play defense today.

When you have a generational talent in his prime and you barely beat the worst team to qualify for the playoffs (without their #1 D), it's nothing to brag about. Thankfully they are in a god awful division so the path to the Western Conference finals is relatively easy.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Thing with taranna is they systematically choke. That's just what they do. The mains were unbearable when their demi god matthews scored 50… they had like 6 threads going on how f***ing great he is, and when I replied yeah he's a great regular season player holy shit the arrogant posts from their fans, and then when you tell them how can you be so arrogant when your team litteraly hasn't won shit in forever, they lose their mind.

And what do that piss poor franchise does again? They choke. But I can guarantee you that they'll be back just as arrogant next season even tho they still are a joke. They have no shame.

I remember last year I made a satirical comment on the main boards about how the Habs would beat the Leafs in the playoffs (something I didn't think had even a slight chance of happening) and a confident Leafs fan said I hope you really believe that because it will make our win sweeter. Well, we all know what happened then, and now it happens again.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad