Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON II - THE RED SOX ARE OVER .500 (34-29) - GET THE DUCKBOATS READY!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
2 years plus the more than half of last year which he's already missed is really excessive for a case that was not brought to charges by the police considering how lenient the league has been on things like the Astros cheating and other domestic violence acts. But Bauer is such an obnoxious piece of shit that I don't think anyone feels bad for him at all.

It'll get appealed and lowered to just this year through arbitration I'm sure.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This right here.

He may not have been charged criminally but doesn't mean he's innocent.
And he's not helping matters by trying to defame his accuser and supporting other accused rapists like Deshaun Watson on twitter.

He's just like Schilling, he's his own worst enemy because he can't keep his mouth shut and he has zero filter or tact.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Actually, it kinda does.....Maybe not in the court of public opinion.
No.

What it means is that the DA's office won't be charging him as they don't feel that they can meet the burden of proof the law requires of the prosecution.

It also appears that there are new accusations against him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Last I checked it is innocent until proven guilty.

Legally speaking sure. Doesn’t mean he didn’t do anything wrong. Burden of proof for sexual assault cases can be tough. It’s almost always a he-said/she-said

He definitely punches women in the face. He just claims that they wanted it. I have a hard time believing that. Maybe they wanted rough sex, I very much doubt they wanted to be beaten viciously. Which clearly happened.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Legally speaking sure. Doesn’t mean he didn’t do anything wrong. Burden of proof for sexual assault cases can be tough. It’s almost always a he-said/she-said

He definitely punches women in the face. He just claims that they wanted it. I have a hard time believing that. Maybe they wanted rough sex, I very much doubt they wanted to be beaten viciously. Which clearly happened.
I hear ya. But Amber Heard throws a wrench in that. Which is why we have stick to the basic principle.

Reactions: RoccoF14 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hear ya. But Amber Heard throws a wrench in that. Which is why we have stick to the basic principle.
true, she’s certainly a good example of why things must be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I’ll say this much- Trevor Bauer DID NOT poop the bed. So he’s got that going for him. Just has everything else going against him. He probably won’t face legal repercussions due to the nature of those cases but the league didn’t suspend him for that long for nothing

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Actually, it kinda does.....Maybe not in the court of public opinion.

OJ got off despite definitely killing two people. Even acquittals don't mean you're definitely innocent. It just means the other side failed to prove the case to 12 people.

Also, prosecutors often don't bring cases to trial unless they're sure they can win. It's a judgement call, sometimes for selfish reasons, sometimes for practical reasons, sometimes for unfortunate reasons.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
OJ got off despite definitely killing two people. Even acquittals don't mean you're definitely innocent. It just means the other side failed to prove the case to 12 people.

Also, prosecutors often don't bring cases to trial unless they're sure they can win. It's a judgement call, sometimes for selfish reasons, sometimes for practical reasons, sometimes for unfortunate reasons.
OJ trial jurors admitted after that they were setting him free regardless because of the Rodney King trial. Not to mention the Duke Lacrosse case where the prosecutor knew they were innocent

Stick to the principles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad